R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #1276
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So what servo is everyone going to be putting in there 2.0? I'm can't decide between the Savox 1256 or the 1258. I'm leaning towards the 1258. I don't think I need the fast speed but it will be there if I want it.

Also, I know this was talked about around here somewhere, but how about an external BEC or just a novak glich buster. I'm using the speckrem 3100 DSM2. I like the CC programmable BEC but I don't have the castle link and I'm not buying it just for that. So whats everyone using.....Ryan, can you help?
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #1277
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
So what servo is everyone going to be putting in there 2.0? I'm can't decide between the Savox 1256 or the 1258. I'm leaning towards the 1258. I don't think I need the fast speed but it will be there if I want it.

Also, I know this was talked about around here somewhere, but how about an external BEC or just a novak glich buster. I'm using the speckrem 3100 DSM2. I like the CC programmable BEC but I don't have the castle link and I'm not buying it just for that. So whats everyone using.....Ryan, can you help?
I'm using a 3520 and currently running the 1258 and with a cap. I'm going to try out my JRZ9100S as I don't think it'll need a cap.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #1278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
Yeah I was able to take down second which im pretty pumped about.I didnt realize it during the race but i wasnt that far behind Anthony for most of the race.His truck looked awesome though when i was able to watch the earlier qual.Yeah i ran switches my first qual and they were lacking a little side bite so i decided to give the proline ions a shot.I had just picked them up and wanted to give them a shot.They were awesome.Great side bite and enough forward.I wish i had another set for my two wheel.Anyways back to the thread.I picked my 2.0 up today and im gonna start the build tommoro night after work.Im hoping to have it for wolcotts trophy race sunday!
Nice. Will be there as well. I think it's going to be a packed house.

Bag A and front diff done.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #1279
Tech Rookie

How are you guys fastening the RX8 to the chassis? I've always screwed them down in the past
ISSUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #1280
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Did You just come here to have a Pissing match or what Pablo?? I have been with this truck and this thread for two years and know quite a bit about the Losi and most folks here.I quoted someone else and You gotta jump in and play games,Now I know how you have 150 posts in less than a month.If You have something to offer ,give it out otherwise go walk your Goat!!
Based on his asshattery (and insults to pretty much anyone who replied to him) on rcshortcourse as well, I am pretty sure that is all he is out to do. Anxiously awaiting (not really) his next juvenile insult followed by an attempt to act intelligent...yawn.
justinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #1281
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got the truck pretty much wrapped up today. Still need to get it wired and tweak the suspension. I still hate the diff screws.

Otherwise the truck went together great!

Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #1282
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Very nice looking ride fulbore! Still waiting for my local shop to get mine in. Did you go with stock pistons or 22s? Is anybody using emulsion style shocks on this ride?
yz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #1283
Tech Adept

I went with stock pistons only due to the fact that the LHS didn't have any of the 22 pistons in stock. I did order a variety of pistons as well as springs. I plan on taking it out later today (wed) and see how it handles. If it is half as good as my old SCTE was out of the box, it will be a good day! Will have to get the body painted up for it but I have an other bodies to run lol
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #1284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulbore4x4 View Post
I got the truck pretty much wrapped up today. Still need to get it wired and tweak the suspension. I still hate the diff screws.

Otherwise the truck went together great!
Looks good!!!Wish I had My PARTS LOL to convert,The parts were on the same ship apparently but that container fell off the back of da boat!!
Thanks for posting pix!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #1285
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulbore4x4 View Post

WOW, that truck looks clean, Nice Nice

Kyosho MP9><Tekno EB48><Tekno SCT410><TD DEX410R><TLR 22><TLR 22SCT><TLR 22T><AE SC10B>
fireflysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #1286
Tech Adept

Thanks! TLR did a kicka$$ job on this truck!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #1287
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISSUES View Post
How are you guys fastening the RX8 to the chassis? I've always screwed them down in the past
I will use some MIP tape(2 layers) and then once on the chassis ,run a bead of Shoo Goo around the base to keep it put.Cheers!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #1288
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
AND TO ANYONE...how do you guys curl the servo and receiver wires to make them all perdy...just wrap them on a pencil or something?
I shorten the servo wires on things by clipping them to length and crimping on a new connector. If I then need to use that same thing on a different vehicle and it's too short, I either solder on a new wire if it's easy, or shorten it most of the way, and add a custom-length extender.

As for the curly wires, I see those but I thought they just came that way on some things. If people are doing it themselves, i'm curious to know how they do it as well. I just assumed some things had springy wires like old telephone handset cords.
rallyredevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #1289

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You can wrap the servo wire around pretty much anything. Make sure its relatively tight and it will hold its shape. There's an entire thread here on showing off your wiring with all sorts of great ideas for cleaning up your wiring.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #1290
Tech Regular

Curly wires made by wrapping around hex driver tightly
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote