R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 09-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #9241
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I put the 3.0 chassis on my 2.0, that's all I really wanted from the new truck. Bolted right on, I had battery mounts that would capture the whole battery though fortunately.
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-14358736_10154547874641764_6033374277033020293_n.jpg  
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #9242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Let us know how the new setup feels different from the old.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #9243
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is for anyone who has done the 22 shock conversion:

Are you having issues with ride height? The springs that the conversion kit came with seem a bit too soft / short.. especially in the rear. They came with black springs in front and orange for the rear. My preloads for both front / rear are maxed also.
decyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #9244
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by decyph View Post
This is for anyone who has done the 22 shock conversion:

Are you having issues with ride height? The springs that the conversion kit came with seem a bit too soft / short.. especially in the rear. They came with black springs in front and orange for the rear. My preloads for both front / rear are maxed also.
What kind of ride height are you trying to get?
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:20 PM   #9245
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

25 front / 26 rear. Was able to dial up 24 / 26.. but i had to buy another set of the +4mm spring cups (kit only came with 2 of those) to get the fronts to that point. Front preloads are all the way up to the last few threads.

I also was able to compare the rear red springs that come with the 3.0 to the orange springs that come with the conversion kit, and the orange ones are about 5mm shorter. Are the springs that come with the conversion kit meant for a buggy or something?
decyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:22 PM   #9246
TLRacing

Quote:
25 front / 26 rear. Was able to dial up 24 / 26.. but i had to buy another set of the +4mm spring cups (kit only came with 2 of those) to get the fronts to that point. Front preloads are all the way up to the last few threads.

I also was able to compare the rear red springs that come with the 3.0 to the orange springs that come with the conversion kit, and the orange ones are about 5mm shorter. Are the springs that come with the conversion kit meant for a buggy or something?
There are truck front orange springs and rear orange spring (buggy and truck are the same).
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Old 09-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #9247
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:

Same issue on 3.0 rig. Rear springs are too soft or sagged out after day one. I get 22mm ride ht on rear with collar all the way down. Suspension has no binding. Springs are just too soft for truck.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #9248
TLRacing

Old 09-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #9249
TLRacing

This photo is the kit truck, built to kit spec, with full electronics including the battery... rear ride height at 25mm...

And my race truck has run those springs for over a year, never had an issue getting ride height either.
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-2016-09-26_091300.jpg  
Old 09-26-2016, 02:29 PM   #9250
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
Same issue on 3.0 rig. Rear springs are too soft or sagged out after day one. I get 22mm ride ht on rear with collar all the way down. Suspension has no binding. Springs are just too soft for truck.
I change rear spring from kyosho super hard rear spring. I believe orange color to get 28MM ride height because my LHS not allowed to run all SCT below 28MM ride height
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #9251
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
This photo is the kit truck, built to kit spec, with full electronics including the battery... rear ride height at 25mm...

And my race truck has run those springs for over a year, never had an issue getting ride height either.
Frank, the rear spring in the 3.0 kit is just wrong for this truck. It might be miss marked or something. The Red 2.0 truck spring fits with the 2.0 spring cup and feels right for the truck. Its not a perfect fit, but it works. Something is not right about these springs. I can't figure it out.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #9252
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
Frank, the rear spring in the 3.0 kit is just wrong for this truck. It might be miss marked or something. The Red 2.0 truck spring fits with the 2.0 spring cup and feels right for the truck. Its not a perfect fit, but it works. Something is not right about these springs. I can't figure it out.
Can you take your springs off and measure them top to bottom with calipers, please?
Old 09-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #9253
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Can you take your springs off and measure them top to bottom with calipers, please?
Yes Sir,

58.97mm free standing length
Old 09-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #9254
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:24 AM   #9255
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Let us know how the new setup feels different from the old.
Since you mentioned it...I ran my 2.0 scte with 3.0 chassis this weekend. It felt more planted than ever under braking and especially acceleration but still turned incredibly well (the -3mm probably helps that). I've struggled with being loose and figured the new chassis would help, it sure did imo! I'm surprised they don't seem to think the new chassis will be beneficial at outdoor tracks. I run big 1/8 scale tracks and imo it's all about momentum and carrying speed through the turn. Anyways, real happy with this setup.

Last edited by Tommygun1; 09-27-2016 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote