R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 06-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #9121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)
Default Shock Ends Part Number?

Are the shock ends available as a separate part or do you have to still buy the LOSB2904 Ten-T shock plastics kit for $14 and throw away 80% of it?
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #9122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default Shock ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Are the shock ends available as a separate part or do you have to still buy the LOSB2904 Ten-T shock plastics kit for $14 and throw away 80% of it?
Don't have to replace them too often, but sometimes they can be saved. When I have a sloppy fit and can't wait for a new part I use a new Traxxas ball in the old shock end with a 3mm bolt, a long bolt with loctite as needed. Had them laying around, so I don't have a part number. Slash maybe? I have ran this setup and made it last a year plus on my older 2.0 truck. It only works if the shock end has not stretched out too far.

Anyone else with a solution?
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:10 PM   #9123
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Question, so I just did a ton of upgrades to my scte, including the 22 shock conversion and the center dogbone driveline. I am having issues with the rear shocks, it comes with black front and orange rear, and my rear doesn't have much bounchback and seems to hang low... And that's with orange, which is 2.9 and the only stiffer one is grey which is 3.4. What springs and settings does everyone use with the 22 shocks and shock tower?
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:15 PM   #9124
Tech Initiate

Any recommendations on how I check my camber angles?

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:25 PM   #9125
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Any recommendations on how I check my camber angles?

Lou
A camber gauge?
DirkW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:45 PM   #9126
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
Question, so I just did a ton of upgrades to my scte, including the 22 shock conversion and the center dogbone driveline. I am having issues with the rear shocks, it comes with black front and orange rear, and my rear doesn't have much bounchback and seems to hang low... And that's with orange, which is 2.9 and the only stiffer one is grey which is 3.4. What springs and settings does everyone use with the 22 shocks and shock tower?
Make sure your upper shock mounts are not over tight and the shocks move freely. Orange should be plenty to allow bounce back. What pistons and oil did you put in the shocks?

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #9127
Suspended

I had 30wt, and swapped to 37.5wt and it seems like the truck is just too heavy for the 22 shocks.. They move freely, and have the stock pistons from the conversion kit. The truck has quite a few upgrades to make it lighter and it seems like the front is fine.. I have the shocks set to inside-1. I would love any recommendations for this truck, I absolutely love it, but am having issues getting it setup right.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #9128
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Rear hindge pins bent?
Old 06-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #9129
Suspended

one is bent VERY slightly on the rear, can't really affect anything tho. if anything it would make them looser. are you using the 22 shocks? i love how smooth they feel, but worried about them being too small for such a heavy truck. ><

"edit"

ill post some pics tomorrow, to show the bend. it really doesn't affect it. the weight of the truck and the shorter travel of the 22 shocks seems to be an issue.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #9130
Tech Regular

No, I was the guy trying to sell my MIP trucks with basically everthing new.
I see guys fighting with their trucks updating everything but still fighting problems.
I have 2 totally rebuilt trucks complete but the SC racing is dead here now.
I saw u looking for a MIP chassis a few days ago. Thats what caught my attention.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #9131
Suspended

oh, yeah i went ahead and rebuilt my truck. went ahead and got all the 2.0 parts, along with a lot of upgrades. if this was 2 months ago, and i still needed a whole truck i would of taken you up on that. btw where do you live? i see it says SE, FL. I am in the Tampa area.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #9132
Tech Regular

Palm Beach, we raced at bashers little indoor track alot and mills pond (SC is dead) and Coral Springs once and a while (all day sunday) and 45min away won't work for the kids anymore. Sad cuz these trucks are all new.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #9133
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I had 30wt, and swapped to 37.5wt and it seems like the truck is just too heavy for the 22 shocks.. They move freely, and have the stock pistons from the conversion kit. The truck has quite a few upgrades to make it lighter and it seems like the front is fine.. I have the shocks set to inside-1. I would love any recommendations for this truck, I absolutely love it, but am having issues getting it setup right.
If I remember correctly this is why they where experimenting with 2 hole pistons and oil as heavy as 45 weight back when they originally where coming out. The 22 shocks might be good on indoor clay and or high groom tracks, but on the rougher large jump East coast backyard tracks we typically run on, the large bore Tekno shocks can't be beat.
While I can appreciate the idea of the small shocks, I personally would have liked them better if they would have went the other way and introduced a larger bore.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #9134
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
one is bent VERY slightly on the rear, can't really affect anything tho. if anything it would make them looser. are you using the 22 shocks? i love how smooth they feel, but worried about them being too small for such a heavy truck. ><

"edit"

ill post some pics tomorrow, to show the bend. it really doesn't affect it. the weight of the truck and the shorter travel of the 22 shocks seems to be an issue.
The bore of the stock and the 22 shocks are the same. The OD of the 22 shocks is much smaller reducing overall weight. The o-ring sealing and bushings on the 22 shocks is also better. The springs are of similar if not the same spring load ratings. So all these comments about the shocks not being "big enough" for this truck are misleading and untrue as the bore of both shocks is in fact the same. Also the bore of the shock has very little to do with rebound.

I have been using these shocks on this truck for months before they were released as a kit and truck rebounds just fine. We have actually gone to 5 hole pistons with this truck after some extensive testing. Granted I will conceed this is has mostly been indoor Med/High grip clay but I like these shocks over the old ones in every aspect as well as the ability to further tune due to a vastly increased choice of springs. A bent hinge pint is never good for setting ride height or proper rebound.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:03 PM   #9135
Suspended

Thanks Casper, what oil, springs, and setup would you recommend? I goto a covered outdoor dirt track. Its not a huge track. I got the truck used, and the shocks it came with leaked terribly and I went with the 22 conversion, and they feel very smooth but the truck sits sooo low.