R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #76
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,738
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
Ryan.. if this kit was available when i bought my truck back in the day.. i would have paid the price.. having allready had to piece together everything in the list.. i think i have paid it almost twice. hahah..

what i will be looking for.. is a chassis.. battery mount kit.. esc mount..

i think thats all i need..
There is no longer an ESC mount as it goes straight to the chassis. There is a new servo mount though.

For the rear towers. The new camber holes were a huge change for this truck. For med to low traction tracks the new mounting holes are amazing. We have been testing a lot of parts on this truck for a long time. Anyone in the So Cal area the truck will be at OCRC tonight!
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #77
Tech Elite
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
WOW ! That side by side pic really brings it home how similar this truck is too the MIP kit ...... People with the original might as well get the MIP kit instead of trying to piece together a 2.0 as its the better value ......
Which is similar to which, though? MIP is very similar to the TEN-SCTE 1.0 - no? In fact without the TEN-SCTE the MIP based SCTE cannot exist.

I think they're both great, and MIP offers different tuning options - IE: shock towers. But on that same token, lots are going back to the SCTE stock towers. The reality is that when two trucks are built on the same platform, how much different can they be? MIP took a business risk offering option parts for a proven platform that TLR/Losi has been continually improving.

MIP bypass still exists, their battery is a bit more backward, their kit has a different upgrade model (IE: you can buy the entire package at a reduced rate) and MIP-MATT is always available to answer questions and has probably the most up to date and quick turnaround of his setups.

As racers we're lucky we have so many options.
__________________
--GO!
Come visit G's RC Raceway / Shippensburg, PA / www.GSRC.us
goehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #78
CGR
Tech Regular
 
CGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 384
Default

Is the new chassis different than the TLR 1.0 chassis?
New towers different than 1.0 CF towers?

Would be great to see an upgrade kit with Chassis (if different) motor/center diff mounts, servo mounts and battery mount.

Disappointed to see the same shock design, something with 2 orings similar to the 22 shock would have been real nice.
__________________
-Kartman
CGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Is there any idea on when parts will be available? if i wanted to piece together just the parts i need?

Chassis
Battery tray
Servo tray (speaking of.. will the current servo tray work, i like having my RX in a box..)
Towers

Is it really smart to mount your ESC directly to the chassis?? i dont know if i like that idea.. hahah

I think for an upgrade kit.. the chassis, diff mounts, battery tray, servo mounts..

then pair that with an "updated" original tuning kit.. thaat includes the new towers..

Since i allready did the original tuning kit.. all i would need is the new tuning kit.. with chassis and such..

Im looking forward to getting the truck converted..
__________________
Daniel Grobe
----------------------
Sponsors:
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #80
Tech Adept
 
myl3s91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

ARE the front/center, and rear/center just flipped around or are they a new length? If not all I need is a chassis, some towers and some torque rods and I have the 2.0! LOL. I guess thats what you get for doing every possible upgrade you can to the truck before a new one is released..
__________________
DESC410 V2
myl3s91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #81
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Which is similar to which, though? MIP is very similar to the TEN-SCTE 1.0 - no? In fact without the TEN-SCTE the MIP based SCTE cannot exist.

I think they're both great, and MIP offers different tuning options - IE: shock towers. But on that same token, lots are going back to the SCTE stock towers. The reality is that when two trucks are built on the same platform, how much different can they be? MIP took a business risk offering option parts for a proven platform that TLR/Losi has been continually improving.

MIP bypass still exists, their battery is a bit more backward, their kit has a different upgrade model (IE: you can buy the entire package at a reduced rate) and MIP-MATT is always available to answer questions and has probably the most up to date and quick turnaround of his setups.

As racers we're lucky we have so many options.
Well said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
Is there any idea on when parts will be available? if i wanted to piece together just the parts i need?

Chassis

Battery tray

Servo tray (speaking of.. will the current servo tray work, i like having my RX in a box..)

Towers

Is it really smart to mount your ESC directly to the chassis?? i dont know if i like that idea.. hahah
Yes, especially if You run an heavy rx8, it puts that part a lot lower on the chassis and thus, lowers overall center of gravity! ..Wow 1300 posts,only 10,000 less than Lord Casper LOLOr 12,389 less ..
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #82
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston TX (formally Sou CA)
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Looks good! Great job guys...
__________________
"Tinkering with Toy Cars that go around in circles"
OCRC | Club R/C | Mike's Gulf Coast | Kyosho RB6 ZX6 MP9E
Kuya_Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #83
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,738
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGR View Post
Is the new chassis different than the TLR 1.0 chassis?
New towers different than 1.0 CF towers?

Would be great to see an upgrade kit with Chassis (if different) motor/center diff mounts, servo mounts and battery mount.

Disappointed to see the same shock design, something with 2 orings similar to the 22 shock would have been real nice.
Chassis is much different. No more Nitro cutouts and holes specific to the new servo mount, battery try and diff location. Rear towers can be used on the 1.0 with additional camber and shock mounting locations. The SCTE shocks are awesome. I have never had one leak and they work great. I don't see where a 22 shock would be better? You get HA alum bodies, Alum bleeder caps and tini shock shafts with this new kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
Is there any idea on when parts will be available? if i wanted to piece together just the parts i need?

Chassis

Battery tray

Servo tray (speaking of.. will the current servo tray work, i like having my RX in a box..)

Towers

Is it really smart to mount your ESC directly to the chassis?? i dont know if i like that idea.. hahah
A lot of us have been mounting the ESC to the chassis for quite a long while. Mine has been on the chassis since almost day one. I cut the ESC try off and mounted the ESC lower.

ESC box was eliminated for weight and simplicity. This is no longer a convereted nitro car. How many of your other electric offroad cars put the reciever in a box? The old box will not bolt to the new chassis and I think would be too wide as well to fit in the new mud guards. The chassis was narrowed a bit and is now symetric as well.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #84
Tech Addict
 
kenny lutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canal Winchester,OH
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

We are a blimp due to our size, MIP is a fighter jet and can make decisions quickly. Eustace has known what we were working on for a while now as him and I were at the tracktesting and actually talked about some of this stuff. He is a great guy and he knows I am not copying and vice versa. Our weight balance was tested for a LONG time and is different than the MIP. The MIP is too far back in our opinion for the way we have our shocks set up and all. Also, our chassis is much different than theirs.[/QUOTE]

i understand and i can see some difference in them thats why im prolly going to have to get one now lol. I kinda expect it to drive something like mine does now with the mip kit.
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6- Maclan mmax - Fantom 17.5
Kyosho Zx6.6- Maclan mmax - Fantom 13.5
Airtronics M12 - Auer Ace Hardware - Schelle
kenny lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #85
Tech Elite
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
ARE the front/center, and rear/center just flipped around or are they a new length? If not all I need is a chassis, some towers and some torque rods and I have the 2.0! LOL. I guess thats what you get for doing every possible upgrade you can to the truck before a new one is released..
MIP's are flipped. Using at the comparison pic, it looks like the 2.0s are as well. No new shafts on the SCTE 2.0 list at www.tlracing.com either.

Don't forget you need a new battery tray! You may only need the new front torque rod.
__________________
--GO!
Come visit G's RC Raceway / Shippensburg, PA / www.GSRC.us
goehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #86
CGR
Tech Regular
 
CGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Chassis is much different. No more Nitro cutouts and holes specific to the new servo mount, battery try and diff location. Rear towers can be used on the 1.0 with additional camber and shock mounting locations. The SCTE shocks are awesome. I have never had one leak and they work great. I don't see where a 22 shock would be better? You get HA alum bodies, Alum bleeder caps and tini shock shafts with this new kit.
.
Sure glad I bought the TLR chassis 3 weeks ago.

My shocks dont leak but I think they can be better/smoother. I already have the HA bodies and the rest. Shaft/piston can deflect and drag since there is not much there to guide the shaft with 1 ring and the short flanged washer thing vs 2 rings and a centered spacer with the 22 cartridge.
__________________
-Kartman
CGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #87
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,738
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
MIP's are flipped. Using at the comparison pic, it looks like the 2.0s are as well.

Don't forget you need a new battery tray! You may only need the new front torque rod.
Yes the front and rear drive shafts were just flipped like the MIP setup so no new drive shafts. I believe both torque rods are new for this chassis.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #88
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
ARE the front/center, and rear/center just flipped around or are they a new length? If not all I need is a chassis, some towers and some torque rods and I have the 2.0! LOL. I guess thats what you get for doing every possible upgrade you can to the truck before a new one is released..
Yes, we tested it all over the place and ended up wtih them just flipped.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #89
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
A lot of us have been mounting the ESC to the chassis for quite a long while. Mine has been on the chassis since almost day one. I cut the ESC try off and mounted the ESC lower.

ESC box was eliminated for weight and simplicity. This is no longer a convereted nitro car. How many of your other electric offroad cars put the reciever in a box? The old box will not bolt to the new chassis and I think would be too wide as well to fit in the new mud guards. The chassis was narrowed a bit and is now symetric as well.
Wow.. i didnt know that.. my E-buggy has the RX mounted in the battery box on my XB9e.. and i never though having ESC mounted directly to chassis would be a good idea. Simply due to hard hits. but come to think.. they mount directly to chassis on 1/10 buggy and truck.. so.. why not.

something i am going to fix for this weekends big race.. hah.. thank you very much.
__________________
Daniel Grobe
----------------------
Sponsors:
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #90
Tech Adept
 
myl3s91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Yes, we tested it all over the place and ended up wtih them just flipped.
Okay, and will the new front and rear towers work with the original 1.0?
__________________
DESC410 V2
myl3s91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net