TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, So is what i have consider 1.0?
Old 02-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FReEK
Hello all! Hope I'm in right place ask a few ?s ?
I just got a used losiSCTE. I believe its the first one. Not sure about the 1.0 . Im in the process of rebuilding/replacing worn parts. New bearing,hubs, ect. Just wanted to what is compatible between the site,1.0 and 2.0. I need new axles and Center drive units and would like to get the MIP pucks throughout. But don't know if the 1.0 or 2.0 will stuff will work. Don't see much on the go SCTE.
Shafts are the same for 1.0 and 2.0. They just swapped the center shafts front to rear on the 2.0 from the 1.0 but they are not different.

TLR has the dog bone center drive line now as well which is pretty nice.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR332015
Old 02-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm breaking the cross pin in the center cvds alot. They break right at the edge of the flat spot for the tiny grub screw. There isn't alot of wear in my drivetrain. We race on high bite surface though. Anyone using anything different with better results.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fordohio
I'm breaking the cross pin in the center cvds alot. They break right at the edge of the flat spot for the tiny grub screw. There isn't alot of wear in my drivetrain. We race on high bite surface though. Anyone using anything different with better results.
Bought mine used and basically had to rebuild the whole thing. Turns out I had one of those pins broken as well. I replaced both center CVDs with the Tekno parts, but I would have gotten the TLR dogbone set had it been available at the time. You thought about those?
Old 02-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Callaway
Bought mine used and basically had to rebuild the whole thing. Turns out I had one of those pins broken as well. I replaced both center CVDs with the Tekno parts, but I would have gotten the TLR dogbone set had it been available at the time. You thought about those?
I actually bought the new dog bones. I wrote about it further back in the thread. It made my truck develop a push. My fast laps were similar. But overall i was much less consistent.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

I actually bought the new dog bones. I wrote about it further back in the thread. It made my truck develop a push. My fast laps were similar. But overall i was much less consistent.
Oh. I checked out on this thread for a while... been focusing on 2wd buggy and sct this winter. Have you tried the Tekno CVD? They are more stout than the stock ones. I also think a trick with the pins is not to crank down on them too tight with the grub screw. That's with CVDs in general... get them nice and clean, Loctite, and snug firmly on the grub screw without torquing down on it.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DOG types are what should be used. But I never understood the design style to start with.
I don't understand why they don't just leave the flat grind out and have a hole drilled straight though the pinion shaft, so a 12-9 hardened threaded pin could be simply installed without any of these silly problems to begin with.

Alternately, the cup could have been milled with a D port, rather a round hole. This would take all the load off the grub and none of this would have ever been a problem.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's interesting to me because I put the new dog bones in my truck and raced it at Motorama. I have a lot of track time on my truck and it usually pretty dialed. But at Motorama I was wicked loose. It was probably the track more than the dog bones. I went to 2000 center diff oil and the truck was pretty fast, lol.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
That's interesting to me because I put the new dog bones in my truck and raced it at Motorama. I have a lot of track time on my truck and it usually pretty dialed. But at Motorama I was wicked loose. It was probably the track more than the dog bones. I went to 2000 center diff oil and the truck was pretty fast, lol.
I installed them before a race night on the same layout we had been running. It was pushing so bad I had to almost stop in the corners. Corner speed was horrible. The next practice night I ran a pack with the dogbones. Then switched to the cvds on the same night. The push was gone and the corner speed was back. I ran the same diff oil with both setups though. I've been running a similar setup to dunford for the past couple years. He did say he was running the short ackerman. But I didnt see where he had switched diff oils wt. Maybe that would have helped. But I just stayed with my original setup. And haven't had the motivation/time to go back and experiment.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hi folks i am considering to get this kit for indoor race how can you compare this kit compare to SCT410.3. Anyone have both truck which one is better handling and easy to drive.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raved007
Hi folks i am considering to get this kit for indoor race how can you compare this kit compare to SCT410.3. Anyone have both truck which one is better handling and easy to drive.
I have tried both. I think either can be top dog. The setup and driving style will be the deciding factor for serious racers. I have so much time on the SCTE platform it works best for me. However, after a few setup changes the Tekno feels close and best lap times are about 1 sec apart. That doesn't mean much because the Tekno was not mine. I was only helping someone else set it up. After a few changes it felt really good. I'm sure if I spent a few months on it the lap times would be closer. For now the nod goes to the SCTE. If TLR continues to offer upgrades for the 2.0 it may never leave the winner's circle.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The evolution of the SCTE is not done that is for sure.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
The evolution of the SCTE is not done that is for sure.
Hmmmm. is that a way of saying the 3.0 is coming next week??? The timing is about right Losi always waits to spring....
Old 03-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I have a theory on the new center dog bones I would like some comeback on.
Have been reading some people are getting push with the new parts...

That being said, what drag link are you guys running?
If the new system is in fact providing less resistance to the front, then maybe this is your problem.
If the front is getting power more easily than before, then it is likely that your experiencing the push effect from your ackerman setting.
Before the truck balanced out the power by sending more toward the rear than it will from the dog bones, so it might be that you need to bring in more ackerman with the long drag link to level out that onpower aggression felt by the short link.
You loose initial turn in by doing this, but that can be remedied by a quick exponential setup on the Tx. It might benefit you by raising the forward diff oil a bit as well if your an on power driver.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

This week was just a normal club race for us. So I kinda threw everything at the truck. I went back and tried the dog bones. Switched to the short ackerman link. Dremeled clearance for the front steering. And installed the 22 shock conversion. Setup the truck just like the last Dunford setup on Caspers website.

Truck ran well. Definitely didn't have the push i had previously. Best way for me to describe the way it felt... Nimble. Like it was on its toes. But easily drivable. Usually when I have a truck that feels like this I end up getting punted in traffic. But that didnt happen this week. Lap times were similar with my old setup but no broken cvd pins. So i will probably run this way for a bit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.