R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #8926
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: sarasota fl
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hello,
I looking to buy front and rear aluminum hinge pin/ arm carriers I have original scte with mip kit and it has plastic and metal carriers.
Also looking for tekno front drive shaft kit for scte if someone had spares or used would be ok also.
Also snr+9mm front and rear shock towers.
If anyone has spares or used hop ups for scte please let me know...
shumway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:52 AM   #8927
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 19
Default How do you do your Losi ten scte 2.0 shocks

Hi I just join this site and I've always wondered what's is the right way to do your shocks how to bleed it what's the rebound have to be at just step by step stuff id be very thankful if somebody tell me how to rebuild and fill and everything from start to finish
Mikey72057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #8928
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: sarasota fl
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

15* carrier question

if i buy the 15* + 2mm carriers, what spindles do i need? will plastic one work?

what degree are the stock plastic carriers?

thank you
shumway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #8929
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: sarasota fl
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

also will the 8ight 3.0 spindles TLR244004 fit on the scte?

thank you
shumway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #8930
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,484
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumway View Post
also will the 8ight 3.0 spindles TLR244004 fit on the scte?

thank you


No
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #8931
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 99
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumway View Post
15* carrier question

if i buy the 15* + 2mm carriers, what spindles do i need? will plastic one work?

what degree are the stock plastic carriers?

thank you
I use the plastic carriers
fordohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #8932
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: sarasota fl
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Also the front arm bushings that go into the arm that the carrier connects to, is there a part number for that? Will the aluminum 8ight ones work?
Thank you
shumway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:20 AM   #8933
Tech Addict
 
Josh L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville VA
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumway View Post
Also the front arm bushings that go into the arm that the carrier connects to, is there a part number for that? Will the aluminum 8ight ones work?
Thank you
Those are the kingpins. http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR6081
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:05 AM   #8934
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I watched some tips on you tube for the emulsion setup. I had never used this method before. Without using a bladder you fill your shocks up with oil, let the bubbles out then cap. With the bleeder screw out, you compress the shock all the way and quickly put the screw back in.
If I am incorrect I hope someone will chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey72057 View Post
Hi I just join this site and I've always wondered what's is the right way to do your shocks how to bleed it what's the rebound have to be at just step by step stuff id be very thankful if somebody tell me how to rebuild and fill and everything from start to finish
Giulitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:08 AM   #8935
Tech Addict
 
Josh L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville VA
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulitto View Post
I watched some tips on you tube for the emulsion setup. I had never used this method before. Without using a bladder you fill your shocks up with oil, let the bubbles out then cap. With the bleeder screw out, you compress the shock all the way and quickly put the screw back in.
If I am incorrect I hope someone will chime in.
That the gist of it mainly. After you do this though, you will want to work the piston up a down a bit and then you will notice a pressure build up one more time that will cause the shock to rebound from fully compressed several mm, and also retract from fully extended a few mm to. To remedy this, I loosen the screw about 3/4 of the way out one more time and slowly compress the shaft one more time to release that pressure. If you do it wrong, or allow the shock to extend while the screw is loose, it will suck air in with it. So you have to tighten it each time before you re-extend it again to see if your shock is still holding pressure. It will make a whooshing noise if you allowed to much air into the body and you will have to remove the cap and start over by re-topping the oil once more before putting the cap back on for another attempt. There is some what of a method to it, but once you figure it out, its second nature from then on out to do it right the first time round every time you service them.

Ideally you want the shock to be as "dead" as possible. No kick out or retraction compressed or extended. But you will always get a little movement no matter what you do. If not, you will most certainly have allowed to much air into the system. A very fine medium is what you want, especially if your using VRP two stage pistons.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #8936
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 19
Default

Thanks guys for the shock tip I'm gonna try it asap
Mikey72057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:14 PM   #8937
Tech Regular
 
rcus3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: any*cal
Posts: 348
Default

So, what's the word on the 22 shock conversion kit? Anyone running it? Any opinions?

My current shocks are tired. Need to be rebuilt, so thinking about this kit instead.

My concern is the stiffest available front spring for these shocks, which is rated at 4.1. There are times I run on sugar and use the purple front SCTE spring, which is rated at 4.5. So not sure if this will work.

Whatcha think?
rcus3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #8938
Tech Addict
 
Josh L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville VA
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcus3r View Post
So, what's the word on the 22 shock conversion kit? Anyone running it? Any opinions?

My current shocks are tired. Need to be rebuilt, so thinking about this kit instead.

My concern is the stiffest available front spring for these shocks, which is rated at 4.1. There are times I run on sugar and use the purple front SCTE spring, which is rated at 4.5. So not sure if this will work.

Whatcha think?
The losi pro's seem to all do really well with them on some high grip tracks, and everyone pretty much agrees of the superiority of the 22 shock vs stock, so I would probably go ahead with the conversion and run a thicker oil with VRP pistons. Those bring you a 20% quicker rebound, so it would be the same as running a stiffer spring with those in thicker oil, which would negate the return delay. Something to think about.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:58 AM   #8939
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Do you have a video of this? I'm a visual learner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L View Post
That the gist of it mainly. After you do this though, you will want to work the piston up a down a bit and then you will notice a pressure build up one more time that will cause the shock to rebound from fully compressed several mm, and also retract from fully extended a few mm to. To remedy this, I loosen the screw about 3/4 of the way out one more time and slowly compress the shaft one more time to release that pressure. If you do it wrong, or allow the shock to extend while the screw is loose, it will suck air in with it. So you have to tighten it each time before you re-extend it again to see if your shock is still holding pressure. It will make a whooshing noise if you allowed to much air into the body and you will have to remove the cap and start over by re-topping the oil once more before putting the cap back on for another attempt. There is some what of a method to it, but once you figure it out, its second nature from then on out to do it right the first time round every time you service them.

Ideally you want the shock to be as "dead" as possible. No kick out or retraction compressed or extended. But you will always get a little movement no matter what you do. If not, you will most certainly have allowed to much air into the system. A very fine medium is what you want, especially if your using VRP two stage pistons.
Giulitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:24 AM   #8940
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,705
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcus3r View Post
So, what's the word on the 22 shock conversion kit? Anyone running it? Any opinions?

My current shocks are tired. Need to be rebuilt, so thinking about this kit instead.

My concern is the stiffest available front spring for these shocks, which is rated at 4.1. There are times I run on sugar and use the purple front SCTE spring, which is rated at 4.5. So not sure if this will work.

Whatcha think?
TLR released Hard front spring set for this reason. These springs go up to 5.0

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR233020

We use these springs on the SCT and the SCTE.

22 shock setup is great. Lowers CG, smoother shocks and lighter and increased adjustability due to availability of increased shock spring options. (any 12mm shock springs from TLR, AE, Kyosho, Yok, Durango etc. can now be use which was not available for use on the stock SCTE shocks.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22SCT 3.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net