R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 08-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #8596
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
I was skeptical at first as well. I ran a tenshock 4600 both sensored and non-sensored. Didn't really see a difference unless you were at a dead stop. It was way too torquey and i would get wheel spin big time even on high bite tracks. With the two pole i can just squeeze the throttle right out of the corner and not worry about wheel spin. I have had no issue indoors or outdoors clearing any jumps. Just like a 4 pole just way smoother. I would not suggest the 4300 as it is way too much motor for this truck. My buddy had one and sold it after a couple weeks even had it turned down to 35 percent in the esc.

http://www.teamorion.com/images/prod...etup_phend.pdf

That is pretty close to what i am running settings wise. I have more brake added. I have an associated heat sink on the motor and after 8-10 minutes comes off at 140 degrees.
Whelp you answered my question in a good way, i use every bit of my pro4 4600. Sounds like the pro4 hd 4300 is what i'm looking for.
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #8597
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well i went for the Hobbywing sct pro combo with the 4000kv motor, but i said hell with it could not resist the urge, had to find out for myself i ordered the SMC 4500 too, i can always use it on bigger outdoor tracks. plus i needed to order a couple more batteries anyways so it was a good excuse to order it.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #8598
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoj550 View Post
Well i went for the Hobbywing sct pro combo with the 4000kv motor, but i said hell with it could not resist the urge, had to find out for myself i ordered the SMC 4500 too, i can always use it on bigger outdoor tracks. plus i needed to order a couple more batteries anyways so it was a good excuse to order it.
Thats a great esc thats for sure. The 4000 might be a little underpowered on a outdoor track. But that 4500 should go pretty good. These things can handle gobs of power. If your having trouble putting it down then look into different tires or altering your setup. My truck gets around the track better then most 1/8 buggies at our local track.
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:19 PM   #8599
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey guy what pinion would you used for the track star 2 pole 550 5100kv motor on a large out door track
coombes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:26 PM   #8600
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombes View Post
hey guy what pinion would you used for the track star 2 pole 550 5100kv motor on a large out door track
I've ran that motor with a 13t pinion on a small to med indoor track and it was good. You could probably do a 14t no problem. That's with no timing in the esc. If you want to run timing then a 12 or 13 would be a good place to start. The 2 pole motors respond better to timing than 4 poles in my experience. And they're much easier on batteries.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:41 PM   #8601
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ive got a 14 pinion I wack on that instead
thanks mate
coombes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #8602
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hi Guys - A few weeks ago I started a new group on FB for the SCTE and SCTE 2.0. It is called SCTE Territory. Check it out when you have a chance, and ask to be added.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1620275444897495/
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:11 AM   #8603
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoj550 View Post
You should be happy with that set. I don't know anything about the SMC motors, but I sure love my HW XERUN 4700.
Contrary to what people will tell you, the HW motors like taller gearing than what a lot of people tend to run. I have seen and read about people running upto 18T pinions and still maintaining cool temps. Some argue that it's due to not peaking out the RPMs for extended periods of time on long straits, but you do have to be more conscience of to much top end on real loose tracks. Lower gears are better for technical tracks with short jump entries after turns, but do experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Hi Guys - A few weeks ago I started a new group on FB for the SCTE and SCTE 2.0. It is called SCTE Territory. Check it out when you have a chance, and ask to be added.

Sweet! I joined. What is your game plan with the new page? Are you planning on doing some personal write ups, setups, etc?
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #8604
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Bwadd2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post

Awesome.. Joined!
Bwadd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #8605
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwadd2002 View Post
Awesome.. Joined!
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:52 PM   #8606
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
With the two pole i can just squeeze the throttle right out of the corner and not worry about wheel spin.
Expo and initial acceleration setting go a long way in taming this out.
However I don't understand why more radio companies don't introduce addressable curve points like you find in air radios.
I for one would love it if my radio could have a multi-point curve ability.
That would make it possible to have S curve with an initial negative to a positive line.
The level of dial-in would be very buttery and have impeccable feel

Like this>
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:14 AM   #8607
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L View Post
However I don't understand why more radio companies don't introduce addressable curve points like you find in air radios.
That would make it possible to have S curve with an initial negative to a positive line.

Like this>
Yep I run expo for my ebuggy so I know all about it. I like to be smooth and consistent. Also, I figure if someone like Dakotah Phend is dominating with a 2 pole there must be some merit to it, mind you a pro could drive anything. A couple local TLR guys are the ones who introduced me to the two poles after they started dominating. One even TQed over Matt Olson at the CRCRC Midwest Race. One thing I will say it did not work well with an RX8, you need a 1/10 scale esc hence the reason for the orion R10 Pro.
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:10 AM   #8608
Tech Regular

Default servo...

Welll after two years the Savox 1258 packed it in the other day. this servo has been great but it is out of stock currently at my supplier.
any other recommendations for a good servo. i dont want anything chinese just good name brand stuff i dont mind paying for quality.
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:31 AM   #8609
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L View Post

Like this>
Tekin ESC with Hotwire and you can make that curve

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #8610
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
Welll after two years the Savox 1258 packed it in the other day. this servo has been great but it is out of stock currently at my supplier.
any other recommendations for a good servo. i dont want anything chinese just good name brand stuff i dont mind paying for quality.
Hitec 7955
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote