R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #8071
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,484
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieLee View Post
I use the DS1015 myself, I have 3 of them, all of them approaching over 2 years old and never an issue.
Im also using the TLR servo horn for it as well, no fitment issues either.
When they do finally bite the bullet I may look at the 7955TG as a replacement, im actually going to compare the specs on it now.


Lucky you didn't have those 1015's back in the day 6-7 years ago, They were JUNK in yo trunk. Literally spitting out Gear sets left, right and center. The top case bushing's weren't properly supported and would fail rather quick. Its what Drove me to Hitec's and have never looked back since.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #8072
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Default Traxxas batteries

I have a 2.0 as of yesterday and I would like to be able to use my Traxxas 7600 packs in it. The battery stops and "strap" are not long enough. Anyone using traxxas batteries with their 2.0? How?

Chris
christoba123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #8073
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,329
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoba123 View Post
I have a 2.0 as of yesterday and I would like to be able to use my Traxxas 7600 packs in it. The battery stops and "strap" are not long enough. Anyone using traxxas batteries with their 2.0? How?

Chris
Easy, add another set of the battery blocks as spacers. Need some longer screws to bolt through both blocks from the bottom. It can be done other ways, but this way is painless.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #8074
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Just so I understand; Are you saying to glue a foam block down and just run a screw through it? Even if that isn't what you're saying it seems like it would work. Suggestions for the top strap?

Thanks,
Chris
christoba123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #8075
Tech Regular
 
teamsc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 273
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default setup please

I'm looking for a good out door setup.I've been running the base setup besides I'm running 30wt fluid in the rear and moved shock position for indoor.
teamsc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #8076
Tech Regular
 
rcus3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: any*cal
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsc10 View Post
I'm looking for a good out door setup.I've been running the base setup besides I'm running 30wt fluid in the rear and moved shock position for indoor.
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...000#prodSetups
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...siTENSCTE.html

It is OK to mix and match. There are some basics to follow for particular traction conditions, but the rest can be modified based on your driving style.
rcus3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #8077
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoba123 View Post
I have a 2.0 as of yesterday and I would like to be able to use my Traxxas 7600 packs in it. The battery stops and "strap" are not long enough. Anyone using traxxas batteries with their 2.0? How?

Chris
The battery stops are adjustable. Adjust them farther apart. You'll have to fab a longer hold down or use velcro straps.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #8078
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Default

At the widest setting, the batteries still are a bit too long. So no one uses Traxxas batteries? I know I've raced against people using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
The battery stops are adjustable. Adjust them farther apart. You'll have to fab a longer hold down or use velcro straps.
christoba123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #8079
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,329
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoba123 View Post
Just so I understand; Are you saying to glue a foam block down and just run a screw through it? Even if that isn't what you're saying it seems like it would work. Suggestions for the top strap?

Thanks,
Chris
Maybe this will help. Take the blocks that locate the lipo in this picture and stack them under the current blocks on the truck. Use longer screws to go through both sets of blocks that locate the lipo through the bottom. Use same top strap or bar and thumb screw nuts. This will allow you to use a much taller lipo, very easy and clean install.

Buy here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Losi-Ra...item51cf045940

Last edited by Thunder Trail; 10-03-2016 at 02:15 AM.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #8080
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,329
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoba123 View Post
At the widest setting, the batteries still are a bit too long. So no one uses Traxxas batteries? I know I've raced against people using them.
Drill chassis and locate lipo stops anywhere you like. Cut a new top strap from fiberglass or carbon plate.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #8081
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,329
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoba123 View Post
At the widest setting, the batteries still are a bit too long. So no one uses Traxxas batteries? I know I've raced against people using them.
You can make just about anything fit, but the larger lipo and more weight will work against handling by throwing off ballance. If your serious about racing I suggest using lipos that fit within current lipo holders and weigh about 320 grams or less. 7200mah is the right size IMO
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #8082
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoba123 View Post
At the widest setting, the batteries still are a bit too long. So no one uses Traxxas batteries? I know I've raced against people using them.
People race with traxxas batteries. But in a heavy 4x4 sc truck using a 25c battery is not going to work very well. You might want to rethink that before trying to race with them.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:16 PM   #8083
Tech Apprentice
 
ignishen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 62
Default

Called customer support today about my servo and spindle woes.... They're sending out an ECX servo saver kit to replace the defective part. If anyone has the correct part in a 23 tooth and wants to send it to me I'll owe you a favor! It's the one labelled LOSB4210.

Short of that can someone post a pic of an aluminum horn attached to their servo? I have a feeling I'll need to track one down sooner or later.

I pulled apart all four spindles and narrowed it down to either the axels being too wide or the bearings being a touch too small. The axles that wouldn't rotate free in the bearing also had a very tight fit on the inner race to the axle. Support is sending out bearings as they say that is most likely the culprit.
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-image.jpg  
__________________
TLR 22SCT 1.0 | TLR 22SCTE 2.0 | TA B5M Lite
ignishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #8084
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,329
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignishen View Post
Called customer support today about my servo and spindle woes.... They're sending out an ECX servo saver kit to replace the defective part. If anyone has the correct part in a 23 tooth and wants to send it to me I'll owe you a favor! It's the one labelled LOSB4210.

Short of that can someone post a pic of an aluminum horn attached to their servo? I have a feeling I'll need to track one down sooner or later.

I pulled apart all four spindles and narrowed it down to either the axels being too wide or the bearings being a touch too small. The axles that wouldn't rotate free in the bearing also had a very tight fit on the inner race to the axle. Support is sending out bearings as they say that is most likely the culprit.
At first I thought they were taking good care of you. However, looking at that ECX servo saver link you posted I can confirm you are not getting a part that will help you. Don't even try to use that on your truck. If it did fit you would never get it to drive properly. Pick an aluminum servo horn after you know what servo you plan to keep and that will fix it right the first time. Aluminum horn will have a set number of splines and only fit the brand it was designed for. I think I posted all the links to the servo horns that work on the 2.0
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #8085
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,329
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

23T-KO Propo/JR/Sanwa/Airtronics Search ebay
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/team-lo...lr1555/p203505

25t Futaba
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/team-lo...lr1557/p203507

24t Hitec
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/team-lo...lr1556/p203506
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net