R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 04-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #8026
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignishen View Post
What tools do I need to grab to put this kit together? All I have are metric drivers and I think this kit is still on SAE?
For allen drivers the kit uses .050", 1/16", 5/64" and 3/32"
cttech455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:44 AM   #8027
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
What parts are new????

So what actually has changed on the SCTE besides the box art????
Every single part has been gone through from the chassis to the screws. Anything I felt needed a material change or better fit and finish or to be stronger or better, I changed. So, many of the plastics will be of a different plastics category. Most of the metal parts changed to different hardness or different metal type. The screws changed to include screws that I felt had a better tool fit and lasted longer. The most notable part that if I was running the older truck and I just wanted to upgrade would be the ring and pinion sets. The updated ones are very smooth now and mesh even better.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #8028
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Every single part has been gone through from the chassis to the screws. Anything I felt needed a material change or better fit and finish or to be stronger or better, I changed. So, many of the plastics will be of a different plastics category. Most of the metal parts changed to different hardness or different metal type. The screws changed to include screws that I felt had a better tool fit and lasted longer. The most notable part that if I was running the older truck and I just wanted to upgrade would be the ring and pinion sets. The updated ones are very smooth now and mesh even better.

Good to hear Ryan, Keep it up
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #8029
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new parts

Thanx Ryan,sold my truck a while back been waiting to build a fresh one, This one!!Thanks for all your help over the last 3 years!!!!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #8030
Tech Adept

Been workin on my build, building shocks today, have the stock springs but what aftermarket springs do I want to get? Thanks
0351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #8031
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0351 View Post
Been workin on my build, building shocks today, have the stock springs but what aftermarket springs do I want to get? Thanks
Losb2959, Losb2963
Old 04-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #8032
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hacker,
How can we order the new ring and pinion gears.
If I call Horizon do I tell them I want the ones made in Taiwan and they will understand that or will they still be sending out what they have in stock until depleted?
thanks

Tekno SCT410.3 / Tekin RX8 Gen2 / Tekin Pro-4 HD 4300 / Savox 1268 servo / Spectrum DX5R
lowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:59 AM   #8033
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieLee View Post
What motor/esc/ gearing are you using?

Im running a Hobbywing SCT with the HW 4000kv motor geared with a 15t and im temping at 130-150 depending on ambient temps.
I'm running a 15T pinion but it started running a little on the hot side with a 1.2 rollout ratio. I'm thinking of going down to the 13T for a 1.05 rollout ratio.

I'm running on an indoor, clay track currently with the dynamite fuze 130a combo with the 3900kv motor. What's a good fan to get for the motor?
nachofoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #8034
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspark View Post
Hacker,
How can we order the new ring and pinion gears.
If I call Horizon do I tell them I want the ones made in Taiwan and they will understand that or will they still be sending out what they have in stock until depleted?
thanks
Unfortunately no, it doesnt work like that. You will have to check the walls at your local shop until we all know that all of the old stock is gone.

I can tell you that right now, the rear ring and pinion did run out of the old stock, so once we get them back in, if you have a back order, it would fill with the new one.

There are about 50 of the older front one left still in stock.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #8035
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofoot View Post
I'm running a 15T pinion but it started running a little on the hot side with a 1.2 rollout ratio. I'm thinking of going down to the 13T for a 1.05 rollout ratio.

I'm running on an indoor, clay track currently with the dynamite fuze 130a combo with the 3900kv motor. What's a good fan to get for the motor?
I wouldnt run a fan unless it was my last resort, with that being said. I have used a 3Racing heatsink/fan combo before.
Check your bearings and make sure they're all good, make sure theres no additional drag on the truck. No drag brake, no excessive timing, gear mesh is good, things like that.

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4578
Qualifiers are just organized practice...
DoogieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #8036
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:

What is a little on the hot side? Do you have actual temps?

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #8037
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
What is a little on the hot side? Do you have actual temps?
I immediately removed it from the track and put my finger on the can. I could hold it there for 6 seconds but it did get a little uncomfortable. I just got a Craftsman temp gun.

Since it is an indoor, clay track, would it be a good idea to gear down to 13T anyways?
nachofoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:18 PM   #8038
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
I immediately removed it from the track and put my finger on the can. I could hold it there for 6 seconds but it did get a little uncomfortable. I just got a Craftsman temp gun.

Since it is an indoor, clay track, would it be a good idea to gear down to 13T anyways?
That does not sound too hot at all. Gearing should be a little more performance dependent than just temps and such. Sometimes a taller gear reduces wheel spin on a smaller track depending on traction and can help lower lap times and motor temps. sometimes traction is up and a smaller pinon on a tight track is the ticket.

From what you just said though I don't think you are in any range that would harm the motor. You can get into the 180-200F range with these motors however I would not target that range but just shows what is "safe" still. coming off in the 140-160 range would not be uncommon depending on the track, driver and setups.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #8039
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:

run a 16 tooth pinion with that combo indoors and a 17 tooth outdoors on an 8th scale track. My motor hobbywing 4000 is slightly warm after a run.
cttech455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:33 PM   #8040
Tech Adept

Hey god, You said you are running the Hobbywing 4700, are you running the Hobbywing SCT Pro esc too? I want to get the right stuff the first time
0351 is offline   Reply With Quote