R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #7966
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I dont feel we are being tight lipped about much when it comes to all of this. I got a last shot prior to leaving to put the truck where I wanted it and then go through all of the molds and materials and I did. It took a few but it is well worth it in the end. Everyone that has gotten and built the updated truck has had nothing but good things to say.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #7967
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I feel like hacker07 has made everything perfectly clear from the beginning with this updated truck. It's not a new design or change in geometry, but rather a update to the currant parts which won't change the way the truck handles. If your parts are wore out then replace them with new parts and keep driving. If your OCD about having all the new upgrades then buy a new kit.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #7968
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

LOL ok, I didn't mean to ruffle anyones panties by saying "tight lipped" I was simply poking fun. And I believe everyone realizes it's not a "new design" just updated parts, and most everyone knows if you want to make sure you get all the updated parts buy a new kit. But most of the posts asking about this is referring to the new updated parts being available outside of the kit and if there will be some sort of identifier of said parts to insure you are not getting new old stock. And yes it will change the way the truck handles because I thought I read somewhere it comes with the 15 deg front spindle carriers. I seen one of the new kits Saturday one of our LHS had it at a race. I just don't understand why no one can answer a simple yes or no on whether there will be new part numbers or identifiers for the new updated parts available outside of the kits.
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #7969
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
LOL ok, I didn't mean to ruffle anyones panties by saying "tight lipped" I was simply poking fun. And I believe everyone realizes it's not a "new design" just updated parts, and most everyone knows if you want to make sure you get all the updated parts buy a new kit. But most of the posts asking about this is referring to the new updated parts being available outside of the kit and if there will be some sort of identifier of said parts to insure you are not getting new old stock. And yes it will change the way the truck handles because I thought I read somewhere it comes with the 15 deg front spindle carriers. I seen one of the new kits Saturday one of our LHS had it at a race. I just don't understand why no one can answer a simple yes or no on whether there will be new part numbers or identifiers for the new updated parts available outside of the kits.
There are NO changes to the SCTE 2.0 kit as it was and is now packaged. It does not come with 15 degree carriers now as the 2.0 never has.

As for parts, there are no new part numbers. The only way to tell will be that they say made in taiwan in the back now.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #7970
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobed409 View Post
I feel like hacker07 has made everything perfectly clear from the beginning with this updated truck. It's not a new design or change in geometry, but rather a update to the currant parts which won't change the way the truck handles. If your parts are wore out then replace them with new parts and keep driving. If your OCD about having all the new upgrades then buy a new kit.
He said there was a change in the materials including plastics. How is that not going to affect the way the truck handles? How are we supposed to know the new parts from old? Oh yah I'm supposed to sell my 2 month old truck and buy a new one. Lmao. Do you work for Horizon or something? Oh and btw, being ocd isn't something comparable to wanting the right parts on my truck when I buy them. Buying a "new" arm and replacing an "old" arm and the truck handles weird because the arms are different material. Maybe that doesn't matter to some but to most it does.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #7971
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I agree with that.

However, we need the ability to purchase the updated parts for the updated truck. Most of my Ten T parts from 2009 fit all versions of the SCTE platform. Wow, that was 6 years ago! Testament to how good it was then, but I would not want to use those on the updated truck knowing the best parts are available somewhere.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #7972
Tech Master

Call out to anyone who is currently running the new truck?? Please share what you think about it here compaired to the first 2.0 truck.

Anyone have the new truck and able to do a direct comparison with the first 2.0???

Maybe share your thoughts on tolerance of gear box, any notable difference in flex of a arms... anything at all visually?

I will say I am familiar with better products and quality control from items made in taiwan.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #7973
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
Call out to anyone who is currently running the new truck?? Please share what you think about it here compaired to the first 2.0 truck.

Anyone have the new truck and able to do a direct comparison with the first 2.0???

Maybe share your thoughts on tolerance of gear box, any notable difference in flex of a arms... anything at all visually?

I will say I am familiar with better products and quality control from items made in taiwan.
Seems to still be on backorder everywhere? or no?
Team prolly has em ,new parts would also be backorder as well????
Old 04-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #7974
Tech Regular

There"s no new body or wheel dots as with the 22sct 2.0? A new rear bumper with no mud flaps as the 22sct 2.0? Thats all I would like to have seen still got one on preorder. When will these be back on shelves?
Whitey_Wangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:37 PM   #7975
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey_Wangster View Post
There"s no new body or wheel dots as with the 22sct 2.0? A new rear bumper with no mud flaps as the 22sct 2.0? Thats all I would like to have seen still got one on preorder. When will these be back on shelves?
Does 22sct 2.0 body fit on our SCTE 2.0?
Old 04-02-2015, 02:08 PM   #7976
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmotokx View Post
i think it might with the -3 chassis but not sure with the standard chassis.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #7977
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmotokx View Post
I don't know, but this proline 66 ford did. Sorta!

Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #7978
Tech Regular

Hacker07 isnt this the first TLR kit that has had the kits sold out and plastics beefed up but not remarked as a revision? Could it be that the SCTE 2.0 is a damn near perfect 4x4 short course truck? It still would have been cool to call it the SCTE 2.0 hacker07 Edition or Ryan Dunford Edition.
Whitey_Wangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #7979
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Seems to still be on backorder everywhere? or no?
Team prolly has em ,new parts would also be backorder as well????
There was a shipment in March that sold out quickly. I don't know how many, but there are people that have them.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #7980
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
There was a shipment in March that sold out quickly. I don't know how many, but there are people that have them.
Oh Cool, did not know that!!!Thanx!!