R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 03-30-2015, 03:47 PM   #7951
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0351 View Post
I contacted Thunder Power, their batteries are made right here in Las Vegas Nevada USA !
I can almost guarantee they buy thier battery cells overseas and then they assemble the packs here. Still not exactly ''made" in the usa.
JR V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:03 AM   #7952
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

+1
They use individual cells to build or assemble the battery you request. Solder it, shrink wrap logo and sell it at high end of the market. Nothing wrong with that if you have the dollars to buy them.
Thunder Trail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:39 AM   #7953
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR V View Post
I can almost guarantee they buy thier battery cells overseas and then they assemble the packs here. Still not exactly ''made" in the usa.

Next are they going to say they have their own Private lithium mine in the mountains.

As i said, They order cell's, slap a sticker on it and call it Made in the USA, which isn't exactly the case.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:12 AM   #7954
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like a Harley to me.........
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:29 PM   #7955
Tech Addict

An entitlement thing I guess. What difference does it make anyhow? The only thing that matters is if the stuff is quality. The age of American independence has long past as far as industry goes. Unfortunate or not, diversity within culture is expected here so it's not really a surprise that it now ranges primarily into other countries for goods.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:17 AM   #7956
Tech Regular

Have the new 2.0 v2 parts started hitting the shelves yet?
pistol78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #7957
Tech Master

I'm waiting for another email response from Horizon about the updated parts. Been asking every week or two. TLR tells me to contact Horizon. Then Horizon tells me to contact TLR. Everyone has been clueless so far. IMO, The problem is that the updated parts are being looked at as a running change. I think if they had released the truck as a 2.1 or 3.0 this would have been less of an issue for us, the consumer.

I was hoping Ryan would provide us with a list of the updated parts by now. The only reason I have not purchased the new truck is that there is no information available about the updated parts that would justify the purchase. Maybe there were no updates?
Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM   #7958
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
I'm waiting for another email response from Horizon about the updated parts. Been asking every week or two. TLR tells me to contact Horizon. Then Horizon tells me to contact TLR. Everyone has been clueless so far. IMO, The problem is that the updated parts are being looked at as a running change. I think if they had released the truck as a 2.1 or 3.0 this would have been less of an issue for us, the consumer.

I was hoping Ryan would provide us with a list of the updated parts by now. The only reason I have not purchased the new truck is that there is no information available about the updated parts that would justify the purchase. Maybe there were no updates?
So the people making the new parts that You want, in your opinion are clueless? They don't have to tell you anything.
What if last minute changes are in the work?Do you know how long it takes to replace or modify a plastic injection mold???Didn't think so ..TLR is very tight lipped about everything. And it shows with the final product Always.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #7959
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If the updated parts are a running change and same part number, how are we supposed to know the updated ones from old when buying? Unless you buy from the lhs and can see the part. Even then there might not be a way to tell visually, like a change in the material, etc.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #7960
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
If the updated parts are a running change and same part number, how are we supposed to know the updated ones from old when buying? Unless you buy from the lhs and can see the part. Even then there might not be a way to tell visually, like a change in the material, etc.
I hear ya,good point !!!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #7961
Tech Regular

Lots of places are sold out of 2.0 parts and won't get any until the new shipment arrives. At least then we'll know we're getting the updated parts.
pistol78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #7962
Tech Regular

doesnt sound like new molds were made,just refinements and new plastics being used in current molds,isnt this the case,not sure on the metal parts. Im sure they will be smart enough to have some new labeling on replacement parts
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #7963
Tech Master

Your probably right but I bet they got sumthin under their sleeve.Backordered everywhere just for new plastix? Does`nt take that long to run new goo thru existing molds LOL They like to surprise us every once in awhile(fingers crossed)
Old 04-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #7964
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
So the people making the new parts that You want, in your opinion are clueless? They don't have to tell you anything.
What if last minute changes are in the work?Do you know how long it takes to replace or modify a plastic injection mold???Didn't think so ..TLR is very tight lipped about everything. And it shows with the final product Always.
Not my opinion concerning "clueless". That's just what I was able to get so far. Maybe you are right and they wont tell.

If the updated truck with orange box art is the unit they are shipping, I don't see the new owners wanting to buy the older parts for it. Horizon did confirm nearly 100% of the parts for the 2.0 truck are currently in stock.

Casper said there is no 3.0 or new truck. Just an updated 2.0 truck. I don't see any reason for him to lie about it. No advantage to having that reputation.

Maybe we will see a new parts list soon and a way to confirm we are purchasing the updated parts as well. Looking forward to the updated parts for my Losi/TLR fleet.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:04 AM   #7965
Tech Regular

I guess with them being so tight lipped about what they are doing and when they are actually doing it helps keep this thread alive.
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote