Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
What's everyone's general opinion on the hard anodized ball ends? Anyone know why they didn't just go with SST or titanium? Hard anodizing is a surface treatment that doesn't actually strengthen the underlying metal at all. It just provides a wear resistant coating around the outside. I've got hard anodized shock mounts on my AE's that mate with a plastic shock cap. The shock mounts are pretty much disposable. My SCTE's original aluminum balls are pretty well done and I'm trying to figure out whether to replace them with the HA ones (silly expensive too) or go another route.
The HA balls do last longer, but not forever. You definately get more than 1 season out of them, whereas the standard balls wore out much quicker. The steering balls wear out the fastest.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Will the sensor wire need to be longer than normal? How long? Thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bladeys
Will the sensor wire need to be longer than normal? How long? Thanks
You will want one in the 200mm range. Most of the long sensor wires that come with motors should work fine.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Which one to get ? A other racer at the track has all three. tekno, mip losi, he takes 1st place with em all. I come in 4th and think i'm doing great, tell he laps me with either unit. I hate guys that get to test.LOL come on 2.0...
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker07
I think it was AL4V or soemthing like that, lol.

As for the sensor wire, I must have missed the question, like a 210-220mm sensor wire depending on the motor and esc.
Thanks for the quick response Ryan. I just received the titanium screw kit and wanted to know if it's a 100% swap ( I.e. diff and diff case to chassis)?

Getting ready for the 2.0 parts.....
Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
Thanks for the quick response Ryan. I just received the titanium screw kit and wanted to know if it's a 100% swap ( I.e. diff and diff case to chassis)?

It is a one for one swap on the 1.0 kit. As there are some different screws for the chassis components (servo hold down and battery try) it will not quite be a one for one on the 2.0 but close. Yes the kit even inlcudes titanium diff screws. I would say the titanium screw kit will do 95% or more of the car. Again a few chassis spots may not work.

If you are going through the cost and effort of a titanium screw kit might as well put all alum nuts on as well.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR6311

I think there are 25 nuts on the truck.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
What's everyone's general opinion on the hard anodized ball ends? Anyone know why they didn't just go with SST or titanium? Hard anodizing is a surface treatment that doesn't actually strengthen the underlying metal at all. It just provides a wear resistant coating around the outside. I've got hard anodized shock mounts on my AE's that mate with a plastic shock cap. The shock mounts are pretty much disposable. My SCTE's original aluminum balls are pretty well done and I'm trying to figure out whether to replace them with the HA ones (silly expensive too) or go another route.
The HA balls are 7075 whereas the stock balls are 6061. If you switch balls, its a good idea to put new ends on so that the metal impregnated into the plastic doesnt harm the new balls faster. The HA balls are used everywhere ont he SCTE 2.0 except the sway bar balls as those dont wear. These are the same ones we use in all of the TLR vehicles.

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Horizon dealer site says ETA 3/1.. thats all. It might be later though, but that is what the site says...
QC'd the first batch last night and they are good. Haev to get them in both warehouses now and then we will start shipping.

I wouldnt use them in the newer differential cases. We made those holes tighter so they did not strip out and its no bueno for the titanium screws, lol.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
It is a one for one swap on the 1.0 kit. As there are some different screws for the chassis components (servo hold down and battery try) it will not quite be a one for one on the 2.0 but close. Yes the kit even inlcudes titanium diff screws. I would say the titanium screw kit will do 95% or more of the car. Again a few chassis spots may not work.

If you are going through the cost and effort of a titanium screw kit might as well put all alum nuts on as well.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR6311

I think there are 25 nuts on the truck.
Thanks Casper, I'm on the same page and have 3 sets of the nuts....that just doesn't sound right LOL
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Thanks Casper, I'm on the same page and have 3 sets of the nuts....that just doesn't sound right LOL
How do you walk!

Sorry I had to!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

QC'd the first batch last night and they are good. Haev to get them in both warehouses now and then we will start shipping.
what hobby shops will be getting the scte 2.0 I see hobbytown is a certified partner of HH does this mean some will be shipped there as well
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
what hobby shops will be getting the scte 2.0 I see hobbytown is a certified partner of HH does this mean some will be shipped there as well
Any shop that is a Horizon Certified Partner and has them on order and actually finalizes their order when they are available will get them. And people that ordered direct from HH.com.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Any shop that is a Horizon Certified Partner and has them on order and actually finalizes their order when they are available will get them. And people that ordered direct from HH.com.
alright guess I better start calling around now, and as far as price if I go to the certified partner will it be 469.99$
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

[QUOTE=hacker07;11844447]The HA balls are 7075 whereas the stock balls are 6061. If you switch balls, its a good idea to put new ends on so that the metal impregnated into the plastic doesnt harm the new balls faster. The HA balls are used everywhere ont he SCTE 2.0 except the sway bar balls as those dont wear. These are the same ones we use in all of the TLR vehicles.

What is the part number for these? Do you use the stock ends for them as well?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Prophet

[QUOTE=egobrkr;11844965]
The HA balls are 7075 whereas the stock balls are 6061. If you switch balls, its a good idea to put new ends on so that the metal impregnated into the plastic doesnt harm the new balls faster. The HA balls are used everywhere ont he SCTE 2.0 except the sway bar balls as those dont wear. These are the same ones we use in all of the TLR vehicles.

What is the part number for these? Do you use the stock ends for them as well?
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR231008
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB2187

Yes stock ends.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Casper;11844971]Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.