R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 03-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #7816
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have been doing alot of dremel work to front end of the 2.0 to get slop out and hold the wheels tight on both wheels at full steering lock,depending on the amount of toe being run,sometimes the ackerman needs to be grinded where the sevro ball joint touches,the serv saver side of the diff cover cover where the steering ball touches it,both sides of the carriers where the spindles touch them at full lock.With the servo saver completely tightened,most trucks still have a push in right side steering. I have not run into this with the 1.0. What is the diff in the front end of the 2.0,chassis angle,carrier,spindle angle? Many tracks have low speed hairpins,180 deg turns and no matter the traction still seem to push hard,what are some solutions to this you guys use? Little dremel work on the 1.0 and it turns harder than you need it to at 100% SR settings.
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #7817
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Is there just a new rtr kit? Or is there a new 3.0 kit being released?
CarFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:26 PM   #7818
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
Is there just a new rtr kit? Or is there a new 3.0 kit being released?
No 3.0, just an updated 2.0 with reworked materials. Read back a few pages it's been discussed at length.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #7819
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
They were great especially on bumpy terrain. Its not gimmecky at all, developed by Engineers. The rebound makes the truck smooth n stable over bumps n jumps. Its not much tuning at all, set it n forget it. Probably a good reason why Matt Olsen wins alot in Pro 4.
I can't be sure if it was Drake or not, but when I had a XXX-NT years back, I remember reading about a pro using RPM two stage pistons, so I tried them out. I really liked them, as the rebound speed increase was obvious when compared to the standard pistons with some home made testing I did.
Now don't get me wrong... I like MIP and I believe in their products, but I got to be honest... I don't see where the new design is realistically anything past a go-around way to prevent patent conflicts from similar designs.
I believe they did their homework and I believe there was some great engineering and testing efforts made to get the data and indifference needed to be sellable. But honestly I cannot see where theirs are anymore tuneable than the RPM styled ones, seeing how the oil weight can be changed and mixed around to get the same noticeable effect variance as changing out plates. Just my opinion.

I actually have been working on a system that I wish I could tell everyone about, but I just can't until I have a better backer strategy and patents in place.
Just imagine a system that would completely eliminate the use of fluid variance yet remain completely tunable on the fly without much user input needed, no matter the terrain or reasonable weight indifference.
Its going to be that good and the end of shocks as we know them at the present time.

Last edited by Josh L; 03-09-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #7820
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I'm ready for that shock design. If you can make that shock and keep weight about the same as stock shocks you are on the right track. I hope you can pull it off. Many have tried, so do your research. let us know how it turns out.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #7821
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post
...We really dont mind using the much better techno axles,cvds,driveshafts.mip spur gear Xray diff washers,or mip diff rebuilds.kghdz front dual bearing support. But its surprising how many guys dont know these critical mods at other tracks ive been to and these scte sound and look like a rolling disaster...
That's funny, I have had this truck for a long time and never needed any of those "critical mods". Well, other than the Khz support. Every time I have raced it I've done pretty darn well. One man's "critical mod" is another's optional mod.
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #7822
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I agree Blade, not everything people do to these is a "critical mod" most of the time it is a "want to have mod". The duel bearing support for the center diff. is nice and I can see it helping but is it really necessary. and in most other places with Alum. upgrades to me I don't really see an advantage. Like all of these new and improved setups from team drivers and such, they may be better than the box setup, but will still need changed for my track and driving style. Just my opinion but I see nothing on this truck as a "critical mod" And I am not saying all mods are not a good or better upgrade, just not a must have.

Last edited by Braxamus; 03-10-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #7823
Tech Regular

It is funny huh. you say this as if I am using another brand and down talking the losi. We all know and enjoy this sc well. I guess rather or not you see it as a critical mod or not just comes down to how often you want to be fixing something that is broken,or racing at less than 100% or dont mind breaking in a race. The motor support is just the first thing that shows itself as a issue with the out drives floppin and center diff wearing out and leaking. If you have not noticed massive slop in your axles and and drive shafts,you either havent ran enough packs in the scte or you already have tekno gear in it. We are just pleased to hear the revised kit has some things made better. It does help to heat treat all the steel parts in oil,but it would be nice to not have to do that.the motor support does not need to be alum at all,A plastic part recast with dual bearing support would save people 80 bucks on on the kghdz a/m mod

keep in mind we are talking about running MANY packs at the track with plenty of large jumps through these,not just casual use.
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzheat.jpg  
Old 03-10-2015, 01:40 PM   #7824
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I don't know why you are re Heat Treating axles? Axles and outdrives last forever on my trucks. I only really wear drive shaft pins.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #7825
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't know why you are re Heat Treating axles? Axles and outdrives last forever on my trucks. I only really wear drive shaft pins.
Snap; crackle and pop.....

like a few others Ive not done "the Criticals". Raced the dog snot out of mine and not had big issues. Sure there is slop. Loose is fast. never breakage except for bodies and a rear bumper with those protrusion that hold the mud flaps.

Hell Ive got the V1.0 ARR. with the right tuning and driving I think Ive done well with my junk. Now I did do the MIP chassis kit minus shocks to lose some weight and try to get some more on power steering. That was accomplished. Could there be more? Im sure there is. Can a good driver with Tekno 's out handle this on the infield? Yes but not all time.

Im just saying Ive been very happy with my rig. I bought it new at $200 and just a few spares and careful running. its ready to run again. Now if I could just keep my battery terminals from not destroying themselves or soldering the bullets inside the battery. Then I be really good to go.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #7826
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Rightd on, I have not had to replace any of the drive shafts etc. out of necessity they are still going like the energy bunny.
bladeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #7827
Tech Regular

Quote:
Really define forever. We have tons of worn out axles cvds and driveshafts laying around pit boxes not counting most that broke and were thrown away
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #7828
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

some people like to be "RC Tinkerers" and it seems there is one above.
Mullet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #7829
Tech Regular

Close up of how much slop developed. I hear people at track say they are fine also untill they either break them in race or hold the outdrive and spin the wheel half way around till the outdrive or driveshaft engages. Not sure why some seem to take this personal. But the steel and some other basic plastics have a lot of room for improvements. If Tekno and mip can make them this nice for a losi kit. Why can't losi for their own kit
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #7830
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post
Close up of how much slop developed. I hear people at track say they are fine also untill they either break them in race or hold the outdrive and spin the wheel half way around till the outdrive or driveshaft engages. Not sure why some seem to take this personal. But the steel and some other basic plastics have a lot of room for improvements. If Tekno and mip can make them this nice for a losi kit. Why can't losi for their own kit
I am curious as to what plastics you feel need improvement
also it does help to run more toe out on tracks with 180 slow hair pin turns..cheers!