R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 02-25-2015, 06:02 AM   #7756
Tech Addict

Hi guys, if any of you is insterested i have a good Losi SCTE package for sale at ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fully-Upgrad...item2c979013ef
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #7757
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
anyone run that carbon fiber ackerman with ball bearings? is the company that made them out of business? one of my bearings crapped out.
I just bought another one, had to get it off eBay, couldn't find the website.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/visionrc/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from=
jmcelroy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #7758
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
If you got the 3mm ends then use 3mm screws. You don't need to drill the balls out. They fit fine and take all the slop out of the truck. I think mip uses the 4-40 ends but then you have to use 4-40 hardware which is sloppier in the hubs.
we have alum steering racks on most these scte trucks,The bolts thread right into them with no nut on bottom. Used the 4-40 monster balls and the stock bolts would not go through the brass balls,plus the little stand offs were really hard to get into the steering racks. what is mip using from dubro that has the silver balls with the larger holes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171287044066...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #7759
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.J View Post
He has a Facebook page, I just checked it and he said he was working on a new website.
http://visionracing.net/
Well actually I have been running these a long time now. No problems with them but if you don't address the slop every where else it is hard to notice the improvement.
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #7760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post
we have alum steering racks on most these scte trucks,The bolts thread right into them with no nut on bottom. Used the 4-40 monster balls and the stock bolts would not go through the brass balls,plus the little stand offs were really hard to get into the steering racks. what is mip using from dubro that has the silver balls with the larger holes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171287044066...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Mip doesn't use the stock bolts. Stock are 5-40 which is slightly bigger than 3mm. Mip includes the 4-40 screws with the kit because they use 4-40 ends. If you use 4-40 ends use 4-40 hardware. The 4-40 screws into your alum steering rack because the thread pitch is the same as stock 5-40. But they're too small in diameter and will strip out without a nut on the bottom.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #7761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Howdy Gents, for those of you that have back orders of the kit with HH, I just checked them today and they are good so they should ship tomorrow at the latest.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #7762
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Mip doesn't use the stock bolts. Stock are 5-40 which is slightly bigger than 3mm. Mip includes the 4-40 screws with the kit because they use 4-40 ends. If you use 4-40 ends use 4-40 hardware. The 4-40 screws into your alum steering rack because the thread pitch is the same as stock 5-40. But they're too small in diameter and will strip out without a nut on the bottom.
I see what you mean,well thats certainly more easy than drilling out the balls and standoffs,that was a pain. Do you know if the brass or silver balls last longer that dubro uses in their steering ends. Kinda surprised dubro doesnt make a 5-40 end,that would be much better as a direct swap.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #7763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
I see what you mean,well thats certainly more easy than drilling out the balls and standoffs,that was a pain. Do you know if the brass or silver balls last longer that dubro uses in their steering ends. Kinda surprised dubro doesnt make a 5-40 end,that would be much better as a direct swap.
When we ran the regular dubro ends years ago the plastic would wear before the steel balls would. And that was after a year or so they got a little sloppy. The monster ends should last longer since they have more plastic material.

5-40 is a really odd size not used much. They wouldn't sell many of them except to scte owners. Lol.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #7764
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Howdy Gents, for those of you that have back orders of the kit with HH, I just checked them today and they are good so they should ship tomorrow at the latest.
Good, I bet there were many ready to swim and get those kits!
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #7765
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I put the stock bolts on with a slightly bigger bearing and i'm back in business for the ackerman. thanks guys.

Now is anyone running the carbon fiber chassis? I know it costs some coin but is it worth it? a lighter truck that twists more will have more grip right?

casper?
check out the new 12th scale GT class! https://www.facebook.com/groups/148391312353349/
support your local tracks- Beachline Raceway-386-Full Throttle Raceway
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #7766
Tech Regular

wow a yr before the dubros wear out and get slop,we are getting maybe 20 packs at most and the losi are shot and have slop.I suppose high speed and torq servos and rough tracks with some crashing here and there on a 6lb truck with small rod ends is more than they can handle. Losi would be doing themselves justice to replace those ends and the ackerman bushings,Such cheap parts to make better and cure 90% of the loose losi issue
Old 02-27-2015, 05:06 AM   #7767
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
wow a yr before the dubros wear out and get slop,we are getting maybe 20 packs at most and the losi are shot and have slop.I suppose high speed and torq servos and rough tracks with some crashing here and there on a 6lb truck with small rod ends is more than they can handle. Losi would be doing themselves justice to replace those ends and the ackerman bushings,Such cheap parts to make better and cure 90% of the loose losi issue
When the original ball ends wore out in my 1.0 truck I noticed that Losi 8ight 2.0 buggy balls would fit exactly in 8 of the 12 positions and could be modified to fit the other 4 (outer camber link rod ends). I've been running the same ones for over 2 years now (though I don't race the SCTE in the winter) and they are still tight. I don't know why they should be any different that the ones that come with the SCTE 2.0 but they have lasted a long time and show no wear or signs of needing replacement.

NOTE:If you do this, do not use the 8ight 2.0 plastic rod ends - brand new, they are loose on the balls. Use the 8ight 2.0 balls with the SCTE plastic ends. 8ight 2.0 balls are different from 8ight 1.0 and 8ight 3.0 balls.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #7768
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
When the original ball ends wore out in my 1.0 truck I noticed that Losi 8ight 2.0 buggy balls would fit exactly in 8 of the 12 positions and could be modified to fit the other 4 (outer camber link rod ends). I've been running the same ones for over 2 years now (though I don't race the SCTE in the winter) and they are still tight. I don't know why they should be any different that the ones that come with the SCTE 2.0 but they have lasted a long time and show no wear or signs of needing replacement.

NOTE:If you do this, do not use the 8ight 2.0 plastic rod ends - brand new, they are loose on the balls. Use the 8ight 2.0 balls with the SCTE plastic ends. 8ight 2.0 balls are different from 8ight 1.0 and 8ight 3.0 balls.
. What's diff about the 2.0 balls in the eight. We all have the hard anodized balls in the scte they hold up ok but the plastic wears. Sounds like your saying the plastic only compresses so far then gets tougher with larger balls ?
Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #7769
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
It amazes me how much this comes up. Now I am not checking who is posting it and maybe many times it is the same person.

The updated kits are all new plastic, and the balls are and have been great. So far, they have been good.

I can tell you that the steering links slop out faster because the ends crash upon up travel pretty good. This stretches the plastic out. This being said, I still run them and even with the little slop they have, have never found I couldn't control my car wherever I wanted to. This will however be one of the suggestions I push forward for if/when there would be a version 3.0, not that I will be doing that, it will be another rep.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #7770
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
I put the stock bolts on with a slightly bigger bearing and i'm back in business for the ackerman. thanks guys.

Now is anyone running the carbon fiber chassis? I know it costs some coin but is it worth it? a lighter truck that twists more will have more grip right?

casper?
Never tried a CF chassis and really am not sure I have talked to anyone that has tried one so I don't have anything to share on this. Taking weight from the bottom of the truck raises the CG. Also flex is important to how the truck will work and a CF chassis will change that as well. For better or worse not sure.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote