R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2015, 07:23 PM   #7681
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
True, and thank you, and maddog for the explanations, I just don't like just doing something because someone says without understanding why. Both will be coming off before the next race. Also I know it's here somewhere but could not find it, is there a set of sway bars I can buy without modifications to set it up like the new Dunford setup.
The 2.2 rear sway bar is largest rear scte sway bar. The front 2.3 bar is off of the tlr 8ight with maybe 1/4" taken off each side. If you have a cut off wheel its easy modification. The 2.3 bar fits with no problem.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #7682
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
The 2.2 rear sway bar is largest rear scte sway bar. The front 2.3 bar is off of the tlr 8ight with maybe 1/4" taken off each side. If you have a cut off wheel its easy modification. The 2.3 bar fits with no problem.
We are working on these as well as other goodies still. I am hoping we should see these by the end of the month or beginning of next.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #7683
Tech Regular
 
Braxamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 459
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Took off the Rpm front bumper and rear skid plate, went back to stock bumper. going to go thru the shocks and check out what pistons are in them, if I need to purchase the ones you suggested what is the part number for them? Also my shock towers are different from the ones on my brothers stock 2.0, I believe that are out of the TLR tuning kit for the 1.0 is there enough difference between the 2 to spen the $$ to get true 2.0 towers?
__________________
Team Raw Speed
Associated SC5M / B6 Club Racer
Hobbywing 120A ESC / 8.5T Motor / SMC 4400 shorty Batteries
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #7684
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
Took off the Rpm front bumper and rear skid plate, went back to stock bumper. going to go thru the shocks and check out what pistons are in them, if I need to purchase the ones you suggested what is the part number for them? Also my shock towers are different from the ones on my brothers stock 2.0, I believe that are out of the TLR tuning kit for the 1.0 is there enough difference between the 2 to spen the $$ to get true 2.0 towers?
Borrow your brother's towers and bolt them together. Drill the new camber link holes using his as a template. Don't worry about the outer front shock location it's almost never used. It's nice to have the extra link holes for tuning and will save you $ drilling them.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #7685
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

The pistons are LOSB2909
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:58 PM   #7686
Tech Regular
 
HulkNT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I am looking to buy the SCT but I was woundering does anyone know if they will come out with a update SCT than the 2.0??
HulkNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #7687
Tech Master
 
DoogieLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Posts: 1,361
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Some say theres a 3.0
Some say theres just updated parts coming...

Hard to say, the huge backorder delay really fueled the speculation of a 3.0
__________________
Kevin 'Doogie' Lee
--------------------------
\m/ SCTE 3.0*XB8e\m/
Qualifiers are just organized practice...
DoogieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #7688
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieLee View Post
Some say theres a 3.0
Some say theres just updated parts coming...

Hard to say, the huge backorder delay really fueled the speculation of a 3.0
I have stated a few times now that there is NOT a 3.0 on the way. There is however an updated/reworked 2.0 coming. What I mean is that the 2.0 kit has been gone through and we have worked through most any issues we have found over time with the vehicle. Fit and finish is much better, ring and pinions are much better, metal quality is better, plastics are better. It includes the new TiCN shock shafts and hinge pins.

Now, none of this is to say there is anything wrong with the truck as it is. The parts are great and the truck is great. But I had a chance before I vacated the line to have at it and fix and re-work a number of parts, so I did.

We of course have some hop ups as always and some of those work for some and some of those do not work for some, but that is why they are option parts of course.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #7689
Tech Regular
 
HulkNT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I have stated a few times now that there is NOT a 3.0 on the way. There is however an updated/reworked 2.0 coming. What I mean is that the 2.0 kit has been gone through and we have worked through most any issues we have found over time with the vehicle. Fit and finish is much better, ring and pinions are much better, metal quality is better, plastics are better. It includes the new TiCN shock shafts and hinge pins.

Now, none of this is to say there is anything wrong with the truck as it is. The parts are great and the truck is great. But I had a chance before I vacated the line to have at it and fix and re-work a number of parts, so I did.

We of course have some hop ups as always and some of those work for some and some of those do not work for some, but that is why they are option parts of course.

When is the reworks of 2.0 coming out???
HulkNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #7690
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 234
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How will it be labeled to tell the difference in the new one and old one?
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #7691
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up

There are ZERO SCTE 2.0 available... so when you see one. It will be NEW! Should be end of the Month or right there after!
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobed409 View Post
How will it be labeled to tell the difference in the new one and old one?
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:00 PM   #7692
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 471
Default

I am saving my cash for the new truck!!!!!! And my 7yr will run my old \ new scte2.0 after the new one is on the bench!!!
But have any of you guys used the 39 tooth MIP spur on short tracks for a little more bottom end??
I don't run tekin stuff I got speed passion and I am looking for just a little more (balls\ guts ) on the bottom end.
S.TRIPP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:22 PM   #7693
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobed409 View Post
How will it be labeled to tell the difference in the new one and old one?
IMHO
New box art with 3.0 in description
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:04 AM   #7694
Tech Regular
 
Braxamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 459
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Like Ryan said it's not a new truck just improved on some of the parts quality, and very minor modifications to an already sweet platform. Why would they go to all the trouble for that to make new box art or call it a 3.0...... Hell just throw a sticker on the box or the wrapper and say with improved parts or something.
__________________
Team Raw Speed
Associated SC5M / B6 Club Racer
Hobbywing 120A ESC / 8.5T Motor / SMC 4400 shorty Batteries
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:06 AM   #7695
Tech Master
 
jmcelroy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.TRIPP77 View Post
I am saving my cash for the new truck!!!!!! And my 7yr will run my old \ new scte2.0 after the new one is on the bench!!!
But have any of you guys used the 39 tooth MIP spur on short tracks for a little more bottom end??
I don't run tekin stuff I got speed passion and I am looking for just a little more (balls\ guts ) on the bottom end.
39T will give you more top end, not bottom. Try the 41T if you are looking for more bottom.
__________________
EB48.4 - TEKIN RX8 & SMC 2100
EB410 - TEKIN RSX & ORCA 5.5
RC10B6 - HW Justock & 24K 17.5
jmcelroy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net