R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #7576
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
Hey guys I just built my new SCTE 2.0...love the truck but I have a few questions. I noticed that my off power steering is weak...any recomendations on a good setup to run? Also does anyone know what temperature the RX8 gen 2 fan kicks on at? I didnt have time to mess with the modes/settings yet on the RX8, just plugged in the fan and ran it.
go here http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...uning_Tips.pdf and you can read what to adjust for the varied effect on handling you want.
__________________
TLR 22T 2.0
Dirtraycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #7577
Tech Master
 
Lowe's48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,006
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
Hey guys I just built my new SCTE 2.0...love the truck but I have a few questions. I noticed that my off power steering is weak...any recomendations on a good setup to run? Also does anyone know what temperature the RX8 gen 2 fan kicks on at? I didnt have time to mess with the modes/settings yet on the RX8, just plugged in the fan and ran it.
Try 1) more rear droop 2)dial in a little drag brake
__________________
Tekno Sct410.3-VRP,HW120 SCT-PRO,Pro4-4300kv,Hitec,LRP 8000/2s
Tekno SL.3-VRP,HW120 SCT-PRO,T8i-1950,Hitec,LRP 5000 4s
Weapon of choice : Airtronics M12
Home track : Coyote Hobbies,Ca
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #7578
Tech Adept
 
Grigz's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is in need of a nice clean roller shoot me a PM, selling my SCTE 2.0
Grigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #7579
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SE MI
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe's48 View Post
Try 1) more rear droop 2)dial in a little drag brake
ok I got this car handling pretty decent but rear end is a tad loose coming out of the corners. I went to 5-5-3 diff fluid, and stock front and rear springs. I was thinking about going black springs up front, and silvers in the rear, with 5 pistons in rear.

Im loving this truck so far, so glad I bought it...only thing I am not liking is that all 3 of my diffs seem to be leaking and I cant understand why. Im going to change all the fluids tonight to see how low they are again. They have 3 solid days of practice on them now.
__________________
TLR 22 SCT2.0 TLR 8ight T 3.0 AE B5M blinky Durango DEST210r 7.5 VST2
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #7580
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,328
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
ok I got this car handling pretty decent but rear end is a tad loose coming out of the corners. I went to 5-5-3 diff fluid, and stock front and rear springs. I was thinking about going black springs up front, and silvers in the rear, with 5 pistons in rear.

Im loving this truck so far, so glad I bought it...only thing I am not liking is that all 3 of my diffs seem to be leaking and I cant understand why. Im going to change all the fluids tonight to see how low they are again. They have 3 solid days of practice on them now.
Since you are close on setup a thinner rear sway bar might be all you need. Maybe a softer compound tire in rear and medium up front. It's all a fine balance that changes a little each run.

If Diffs leak in seam where the screws hold the two halves together check those screws and the gasket first. On new builds I suggest running the screws in and out a couple of times before final assembly. The screws might not be fully seated.

If the diffs leak at the out drives that would be the O-rings. The updated 2.0 diff cases should not have that problem.

Follow these steps to fix most diff issues. How to Build SCTE bulletproof Diffs
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #7581
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 279
Default Replacement chassis options

I noticed my chassis is bent. Mostly in the back. Are there any good replacement options other than the stock chassis. I saw an aluminum/carbon fiber one but have not seen anyone using it.
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #7582
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

What size drill bit do you use to ream the arms?

Can you buy replacement pills for the adjustable hing pin holders or do I have to pay $37 for the plastic pieces?
__________________
Tekno SCT 410.3 rx8gen2/pro 4 4300HD 1267 savox servo
Tekno EB 48.3 rx8gen2/t8 1900kv 1267 savox servo
Tekno NB 48.3 Novarossi 5PXLT 1267 savox servos
all controlled with spektrum dX4R

Last edited by skyler hays; 01-04-2015 at 05:02 PM.
skyler hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #7583
Tech Adept
 
cttech455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ct
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
What size drill bit do you use to ream the arms?

Can you buy replacement pills for the adjustable hing pin holders or do I have to pay $37 for the plastic pieces?
Use a 3.5mm reamer. I have a hudy one. Yes the inserts are available separately the part number is losb4114
cttech455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #7584
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttech455 View Post
Use a 3.5mm reamer. I have a hudy one. Yes the inserts are available separately the part number is losb4114
Thanks
__________________
Tekno SCT 410.3 rx8gen2/pro 4 4300HD 1267 savox servo
Tekno EB 48.3 rx8gen2/t8 1900kv 1267 savox servo
Tekno NB 48.3 Novarossi 5PXLT 1267 savox servos
all controlled with spektrum dX4R
skyler hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:24 AM   #7585
Tech Regular
 
Braxamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 454
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I was looking thru some pictures of this 2.0 and seen were someone had moved the battery forward and the ESC behind it on the chassis would there be any real advantages to doing this? I kind of liked how it looked and I only race mine no bashing. I know it would require new holes for the batter mounts which is no biggie to do, just wasn't sure of a reason, or advantages as it has been only one I seen like that.
__________________
Team Raw Speed
Associated SC5M / B6 Club Racer
Hobbywing 120A ESC / 8.5T Motor / SMC 4400 shorty Batteries
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:37 AM   #7586
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
I was looking thru some pictures of this 2.0 and seen were someone had moved the battery forward and the ESC behind it on the chassis would there be any real advantages to doing this? I kind of liked how it looked and I only race mine no bashing. I know it would require new holes for the batter mounts which is no biggie to do, just wasn't sure of a reason, or advantages as it has been only one I seen like that.
On the 8-e 3.0 we did it to get more steering. I wouldn't do it on truck. I think the truck is fine the way it is.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #7587
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 296
Default

Rumor has it that the new truck is going to be called the
TLR SCTE 2.0 hacker07 Farewell Edition. That's what I heard anyway.
Whitey_Wangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:37 AM   #7588
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 296
Default

Better yet the TLR SCTE 2.0 Dunford Edition.
Whitey_Wangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:52 AM   #7589
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New owner

Picked up one of these from another forum member. Can't wait to get this dialed and on the track.

It's been a long time since i've dabbled with cars. As a kid i raced the original Losi JRX2.
towertsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #7590
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Since i've been out of the game for a minute (more like 25 years). I have a lot to learn, but for starters what things should i inspect on my used truck? Thanks guys!
towertsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net