TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjderstine
hey guys, just picked up an SCTE in the forsale section to start getting into some outdoor racing. i have a tekin pro4 3000KV that i slapped in it. what kinda gearing should i go for to start? i see most guys are using 4000kv in theirs with a 15-16 pinion. should i drop to a 18t pinion for the lower KV motor?

thanks guys.
I would start with a 20 and check temps. 18 will be too slow especially outdoors.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got a couple questions, first I got a used truck off my brother he got in on a trade, it had a MIP chassis on it and had a new in box TLR tuning kit with it and several Alum. up grades. the tuning kit was #TLR0901 is this for a 1.0 or a 2.0 if it is intended for the 1.0 what is the major difference, the reason I am asking is because I got a new 2.0 chassis for it trying to match my brothers 2.0. The differences I see are in the shock towers where the camber links mount both front and rear, as well as I have the rear alum. hub carriers from the kit. will any of this make a difference in handling over a true 2.0 because I believe this started life as a 1.0 The second question is in regards to the arm geometry if this was a 1.0 did the arms change any to the 2.0? I like how I got it handling now, and I am still learning to drive it so I know it will only get better, my concerns is that if it was a 1.0 with 2.0 upgrades on it and I break or replace something like an arm if there will be a lot of handling effects, changing where I have it now.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Braxamus
I got a couple questions, first I got a used truck off my brother he got in on a trade, it had a MIP chassis on it and had a new in box TLR tuning kit with it and several Alum. up grades. the tuning kit was #TLR0901 is this for a 1.0 or a 2.0 if it is intended for the 1.0 what is the major difference, the reason I am asking is because I got a new 2.0 chassis for it trying to match my brothers 2.0. The differences I see are in the shock towers where the camber links mount both front and rear, as well as I have the rear alum. hub carriers from the kit. will any of this make a difference in handling over a true 2.0 because I believe this started life as a 1.0 The second question is in regards to the arm geometry if this was a 1.0 did the arms change any to the 2.0? I like how I got it handling now, and I am still learning to drive it so I know it will only get better, my concerns is that if it was a 1.0 with 2.0 upgrades on it and I break or replace something like an arm if there will be a lot of handling effects, changing where I have it now.
No difference in arms or shock geometry between 1.0 and 2.0. The 2.0 towers have additional camber link holes, and the front 2.0 tower has an outer shock mount position that the 1.0 doesn't. I've never used it and haven't seen any online setups that have. Just take the 1.0 and 2.0 towers and align them together with 5-40 screws and nuts and drill the extra camber link holes in the 1.0 tower. It's easy to do with a hand drill or dremel. The extra camber holes are nice to have for tuning. As far as the alum rear hubs go I've seen most of the team drivers use them. They are obviously more durable than the stock hubs, but I haven't used them so idk what they do for handling.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjderstine
just on 2s for now.
I would start with 18/40 and go from there, may need more as Rcgod said but 18 is a good place to start and check temps and see what it does. If your going to race you really need more KV for 2s than 3000, should be smooth though I bet, good luck.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:53 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys my brother in law brought this off ebay and he wanted to know what motor will best suit this scte it's has the follow upgrades and it's version 1.0 scte
LOSI TEN SCTE 7075 T6 CNC MACHINED LIGHTWEIGHT CHASSIS
•LOSI TEN SCTE LIGHT WEIGHT ALUMINUM WHEEL HEX HUBS
•LOSI TEN SCTE CARBON FIBER CENTER STEERING DRAG LINK
•Losi SCTE Ten & 2.0 Carbon Fiber Front Shock Tower
•Losi SCTE Ten & 2.0 Carbon Fiber Rear Shock Tower
•STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Steering Rack
•STRC CNC Machined HD Aluminum Front Chassis Brace
brand new RPM A-Arms all around. Also has RPM front bumper
and rear bumper with RPM mudflaps.
And will this keep up with the new 2.0 scte
His all ready got a tekin rx8 esc
Should he run hobbywing in it or tekin motor and one more thing would be better if it's a 540 or 550 can he wants smooth and power
Old 12-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan.J
I would start with 18/40 and go from there, may need more as Rcgod said but 18 is a good place to start and check temps and see what it does. If your going to race you really need more KV for 2s than 3000, should be smooth though I bet, good luck.
Hopefully he already has an 18 pinion otherwise he'll be wasting $. That gearing will get him about 25 mph and the motor might run hot since it will be spinning too fast. Ive seen guys run an 18 on a 4k kv motor on a large track. But whatever it will be a good learning experience for him.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TheMuffinman
Hey guys my brother in law brought this off ebay and he wanted to know what motor will best suit this scte it's has the follow upgrades and it's version 1.0 scte
LOSI TEN SCTE 7075 T6 CNC MACHINED LIGHTWEIGHT CHASSIS
•LOSI TEN SCTE LIGHT WEIGHT ALUMINUM WHEEL HEX HUBS
•LOSI TEN SCTE CARBON FIBER CENTER STEERING DRAG LINK
•Losi SCTE Ten & 2.0 Carbon Fiber Front Shock Tower
•Losi SCTE Ten & 2.0 Carbon Fiber Rear Shock Tower
•STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Steering Rack
•STRC CNC Machined HD Aluminum Front Chassis Brace
brand new RPM A-Arms all around. Also has RPM front bumper
and rear bumper with RPM mudflaps.
And will this keep up with the new 2.0 scte
His all ready got a tekin rx8 esc
Should he run hobbywing in it or tekin motor and one more thing would be better if it's a 540 or 550 can he wants smooth and power
That setup will keep up with the 2.0 for most drivers. Takes a little different driving style when jumping because of the more forward weight bias. I would make the following changes based on my experience:

Get rid of the aluminum chassis braces and use the stock plastic ones. The aluminum are too stiff and will hurt traction.

Cut the ears off of the rear bumper. They will tear up the body faster.

Put the stock arms on, at least the rear arms. The rpm arms have the shock mounts in the center of the arm. Stock has offset mounts. You will lose too much down travel with rpm and will affect landing jumps and steering into a corner.

Pro4 4600 is very smooth and plenty fast but runs hotter because it's a 540 can. Pro4 hd 4300 is a great motor but really punchy and hard to drive for some. It can be tamed by backing down the current limiter in the rx8. Hobbywing 4700 is my personal favorite plenty smooth and good top end. I tried the 4000 for a while and it was punchier but didn't have the top end I was looking for. You can add timing in the esc to get some top end back. A lot of guys love that motor. And the HW motors are a lot less $ than tekin.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
That setup will keep up with the 2.0 for most drivers. Takes a little different driving style when jumping because of the more forward weight bias. I would make the following changes based on my experience:

Get rid of the aluminum chassis braces and use the stock plastic ones. The aluminum are too stiff and will hurt traction.

Cut the ears off of the rear bumper. They will tear up the body faster.

Put the stock arms on, at least the rear arms. The rpm arms have the shock mounts in the center of the arm. Stock has offset mounts. You will lose too much down travel with rpm and will affect landing jumps and steering into a corner.

Pro4 4600 is very smooth and plenty fast but runs hotter because it's a 540 can. Pro4 hd 4300 is a great motor but really punchy and hard to drive for some. It can be tamed by backing down the current limiter in the rx8. Hobbywing 4700 is my personal favorite plenty smooth and good top end. I tried the 4000 for a while and it was punchier but didn't have the top end I was looking for. You can add timing in the esc to get some top end back. A lot of guys love that motor. And the HW motors are a lot less $ than tekin.
The only thing I would add about Tekin v Hobbywing might be the help you can get on and off the track. Many people at many tracks and hobby shops can help with the Tekin equipment and off the track, you cannot beat their customer service. Issues happen. Especially when we are trying to make our SC's as fast as 8th scales on 2s, lol. With the Tekin, if something happens, help is close and fast.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
The only thing I would add about Tekin v Hobbywing might be the help you can get on and off the track. Many people at many tracks and hobby shops can help with the Tekin equipment and off the track, you cannot beat their customer service. Issues happen. Especially when we are trying to make our SC's as fast as 8th scales on 2s, lol. With the Tekin, if something happens, help is close and fast.
Definitely true. Something to keep in mind for sure!

When running the alum rear hubs, how do they change the handling? Just ordered some trying them for the first time.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcgod
Definitely true. Something to keep in mind for sure!

When running the alum rear hubs, how do they change the handling? Just ordered some trying them for the first time.
The rear end will feel a bit more precise which to some feels like less traction. for me, it is peace of mind and bearings seem to last longer. We are going to work on the rear hubs soon to beef up the plastic again and then I will go back and forth to try them out. The existing ones are strong but I feel they should be stronger still.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default Availability of the SCTE 2.0 kits?

Are the SCTE 2.0 kits not available right now?
Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think they are out stock
Old 12-30-2014, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bcadman
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Losi-TLR03000-...-/301081454615
Old 12-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bcadman
You can find them around if you spend a few minutes looking. We are working hard to get them back in stock as soon as we can.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys I just built my new SCTE 2.0...love the truck but I have a few questions. I noticed that my off power steering is weak...any recomendations on a good setup to run? Also does anyone know what temperature the RX8 gen 2 fan kicks on at? I didnt have time to mess with the modes/settings yet on the RX8, just plugged in the fan and ran it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.