TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
nice, is the Pro-4 a better motor than the longer SC 4x that tekin makes?
For the SCTE yes, but they are both great motors.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I wonder how much interest there would be for me to order and sell a few of these kits on the forum. I could prob get them shipped out for less than what amain is offering...
Old 02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

nice, is the Pro-4 a better motor than the longer SC 4x that tekin makes?
The Pro-4 will have a little more bottom end and be lighter. the SC4X will have a little more top end and add some more weight. The Pro-4's are a little more popular these days from what I can see.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Horizon shows a "fast" delivery for 3/1 ... but man is even the cost price steep.

So I'm not gonna lie, i did not ready through all the pages... but from the gist of it this would be a better purchase than getting a roller 1.0 and doing some mods / TLR upgrades?

I would be coming from a hopped up Jammin scrt10 so i should have all the electronics and what not... I am just getting frustrated with some of hte weak spots of the jammin ...
A hopped up jammin? How did you hop up the front end? I would pull in to the parking lot of the Race Track and You could hear the front little camber links just start crying .When I did the double traxxas link mod, the front arms would just Cry all the way to the track Knowing One of them was not coming Home!!Maybe Both!!
Is it March yet?Any way gonna have a fresh truck here very soon (1.0) to run against the T trucks and the 2.0 I mean fresh as in every thing but the screws will be new!!Motor,chassis etc.

Ryan ..how long after the kit release will the chassis be available by it self ??Thanx for all your help over the last two years as well, You and Doug, Thanx again.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
A hopped up jammin? How did you hop up the front end? I would pull in to the parking lot of the Race Track and You could hear the front little camber links just start crying .When I did the double traxxas link mod, the front arms would just Cry all the way to the track Knowing One of them was not coming Home!!Maybe Both!!
Is it March yet?Any way gonna have a fresh truck here very soon (1.0) to run against the T trucks and the 2.0 I mean fresh as in every thing but the screws will be new!!Motor,chassis etc.

Ryan ..how long after the kit release will the chassis be available by it self ??Thanx for all your help over the last two years as well, You and Doug, Thanx again.
Parts and kits are on the same boat. The parts should ship right after/with the kits.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sounds like it all will be available at the same time, Kit and parts...
Old 02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation Im on the List

Originally Posted by Casper
Parts and kits are on the same boat. The parts should ship right after/with the kits.
HH..... I'm Ready For my Upgrades to the 2.0. ( Paid in Full)
Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Waiting for this also I hope my LHS or any hobby shop within a decent distance from me has one I got cash waiting for it
Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to the forum

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and have an SCTE version 1 with upgrades on it like the TLR kit and such and I'm looking for the cheapest way to upgrade it to the new 2.0 layout. I was just at my first Motorama event in the intermediate class and needless to say I didn't do very well but I saw this guy Matt Olsen with the MIP kit and was wondering if it was worth it? He ended up winning the entire event and beating a TLR sponsored driver Anthony Masarra with the new 2.0. The layouts looks alot alike.

Would it be worth it to just get the MIP kit from Nitro house for 164?

I was looking through the forum and it says it'll cost me 250+ for the 2.0 conversion but if the MIP kit does the same thing for less would that be a better route? What advantages does the 2.0 have over the MIP kit?

Thanks for any advice just looking for the best.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOTORAMA
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and have an SCTE version 1 with upgrades on it like the TLR kit and such and I'm looking for the cheapest way to upgrade it to the new 2.0 layout. I was just at my first Motorama event in the intermediate class and needless to say I didn't do very well but I saw this guy Matt Olsen with the MIP kit and was wondering if it was worth it? He ended up winning the entire event and beating a TLR sponsored driver Anthony Masarra with the new 2.0. The layouts looks alot alike.

Would it be worth it to just get the MIP kit from Nitro house for 164?

I was looking through the forum and it says it'll cost me 250+ for the 2.0 conversion but if the MIP kit does the same thing for less would that be a better route? What advantages does the 2.0 have over the MIP kit?

Thanks for any advice just looking for the best.
No, its all driver...Keep in mind that Matt has been driving the MIP laced truck for some time now and Anthony just got his 2.0 and its not like you just get a truck and nail driving it the very first time. You can have the fastest truck in town but if you cant drive its not gonna do chit for you
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Thanx.!!!. gonna Just go with a chassis 1st to compare times to the 1.0 Can hardly wait for the great 2.0 chassis debates.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
No, its all driver...Keep in mind that Matt has been driving the MIP laced truck for some time now and Anthony just got his 2.0 and its not like you just get a truck and nail driving it the very first time. You can have the fastest truck in town but if you cant drive its not gonna do chit for you
Oh understandable. But what is the advantage of one over the other when comparing apples to apples to justify spending the extra 90 bucks. What does the 2.0 chassis upgrades do that the MIP kit doesn't. Do you get more parts in the kit for the MIP I saw a pic on Nitro house and it looks like it has springs, pistons, turnbuckles ect as well as everything for the chasse for the new weight distribution.

Where are the kits made? Does one of the companies make their products in America?

Again thank you for all the help and information.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
And Matt's been whipping everyone for the last year. Kid is fast.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

...after some members' suggestions and doing some reading, I've decided to get the HobbyWing Xerun SCT Pro C2 3656SD 4000kv Sensored Brushless Combo. So, now I need to know what is the lowest C rating LiPo battery can I use safely? Is a 25C 2S LiPo too low of a C rating for that SCT Pro esc and 3656SD 4000kv motor combo? I prefer to get advice from those who have actually ran that particular combo. But, I don't mind hearing what others have to say about it.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.