R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 02-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #691
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXblitzXx View Post
Attachment 1032915 The first scte 2.0 buggy coversion? haha
Nice, it would be interesting to see how a lightweight setup like that would fair against a regular weight 4 cell 1/8 ebuggy. It might stand a chance on a smaller/tighter track.

btw if looks like the wires are not insulated on the deans plug that is attatched to the esc! That would be an awefully fast way to discharge a lipo if it shorted on something!

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #692
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Attachment 1032915 The first scte 2.0 buggy coversion? haha
Im surprised you still have the rear shock bottoms still inside the arms and not moved them to the back of the arm for a more up and down smoother flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by drepus View Post
btw if looks like the wires are not insulated on the deans plug that is attatched to the esc! That would be an awefully fast way to discharge a lipo if it shorted on something!
+1...
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #693
Tech Adept

Quote:
Nice, it would be interesting to see how a lightweight setup like that would fair against a regular weight 4 cell 1/8 ebuggy. It might stand a chance on a smaller/tighter track.

Ive been racing it locally on a large indoor track. The only thing ive broken was part of the steering rack when i spun out on the straight and took a losi 8e at full speed to the side. Thanks for reminding me about the esc. by the way this is actually a 4s setup and i can pull away from some of the other buggys on the straight and when i take it off the track the motor and esc are at about 90 or so degrees.
xXblitzXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #694
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Im surprised you still have the rear shock bottoms still inside the arms and not moved them to the back of the arm for a more up and down smoother flow.
what do you mean? move the shock bottoms so they are outside the arm?
xXblitzXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #695
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:

Quote:
what do you mean? move the shock bottoms so they are outside the arm?
yes, on the outside(rear of the arm)...u could put a spacer in the existing opening if you want to stop it from pushing in but you will need a longer screw to do this either way

As for the 4s battery...oh ya its gonna run cool, your not even working the system with a 7lb truck. Even 3s would be stupid fast and still run cool
Old 02-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #696
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Proline ION SC are a awesome indoor clay/carpet tire also
I run these on my 1.0 and they are awesome! Much better then the barcodes.
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #697
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Im surprised you still have the rear shock bottoms still inside the arms and not moved them to the back of the arm for a more up and down smoother flow
I don't understand? With the anti-squat, the shocks on the inside in their original mounting positions follow the path of the arm.

Seems like if you mounted them on the outside there'd be no real gain, and could cause the arms to tweak somewhat (IE: from a physics standpoint, the arms should be as close the center of the arm as possible).
Old 02-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #698
Tech Addict

Any chance of getting these for the SCTE ?

Quote:
‎8IGHT 3.0 Feature Spotlight:
The Team Losi Racing 8IGHT 3.0 includes ball bearing steering with each kit. Both the short and long Ackerman links now have 4 x 8mm flanged bearings which create ultra smooth steering. Now the shoulder screw can be fully tightened down into the steering bell cranks without worry of binding the steering.

LOSI Ten SCTE [ Build : http://bit.ly/VsAulx ]
Pygmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #699
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
I run these on my 1.0 and they are awesome! Much better then the barcodes.
I used to run BK Bars or HB Beams or Wishbones on indoor clay. Are the Ions better than those as well?

Also what are most people running on compounds? Super soft or the clay compounds on indoor clay tracks? I know I would automatically think use a clay compound but last year I saw several running softs and super softs instead of a clay specific tire even though we were on a blue groove clay track....?
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #700
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
Any chance of getting these for the SCTE ?
+1

I'm surprised they hadn't been released by TLR long before now for the original 8ights and scte trucks. As good as the new scte 2.0 looks I think I'm going to pick one up just to compare to my Tekno trucks. If nothing else I will let a buddy drive one while I drive the other.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #701
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I used to run BK Bars or HB Beams or Wishbones on indoor clay. Are the Ions better than those as well?

Also what are most people running on compounds? Super soft or the clay compounds on indoor clay tracks? I know I would automatically think use a clay compound but last year I saw several running softs and super softs instead of a clay specific tire even though we were on a blue groove clay track....?
I am using super soft. My track is a indoor hard packed tight track. I can only comment on super soft gridirons and bar codes. on my track there are two humps to drive over and with the other tires I would drive through them or around the first one then over the second one. If I tried to drive over both I would slide off. With the ions I can go over both the whole heat and never once slide off. I also like them because they dont pick up dirt along the out side of the tire like the bar codes.
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #702
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
I am using super soft. My track is a indoor hard packed tight track. I can only comment on super soft gridirons and bar codes. on my track there are two humps to drive over and with the other tires I would drive through them or around the first one then over the second one. If I tried to drive over both I would slide off. With the ions I can go over both the whole heat and never once slide off. I also like them because they dont pick up dirt along the out side of the tire like the bar codes.
Sounds good. Looks like I will be picking up a set for my scts and my buggies.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #703
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Should only be a couple of weeks now. Some of the team drivers are slowly getting them as we can put one together for them and are giving great feedback so far. We will be posting a setup guide specific to this vehicle as well as build tips shortly.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #704
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Should only be a couple of weeks now. Some of the team drivers are slowly getting them as we can put one together for them and are giving great feedback so far. We will be posting a setup guide specific to this vehicle as well as build tips shortly.
You're the man, Ryan!

I haven't gotten my team roller, yet?? Wait a minute?!

TLR 22 2.0 RM / TLR 22 2.0 MM / TLR 22-4 / TLR 22T / TLR 22 SCT / TLR SCTE 2.0 / TLR 8IGHT-E 3.0 / Team Losi XX-4 WE / Team Losi XXX-4 G+
weavty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #705
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Sounds good Ryan. Glad to see the new kit being released. Looks like my Tekno might have some fierce competition with the scte 2.0 coming. The new losi looks really good and it's awesome that ya'll took what the customers wanted in a new truck and made it happen...