R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #7021
Tech Master
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Nice looking rig looks like you got all the goodies ?;@)
__________________
SCTE, DESC 410, XRAY XB4, MBX6 ECO
I hate feeling bad about feeling good about that!
Hand D Flooring
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #7022
Tech Adept
 
RockinTheCasbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore , Ca
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Racing View Post
Guys,

I am running a proline (Product ID : 3355-17) flo-tek body on my SCTE 2.0. I like the body but the hood hangs almost an inch over the front bumper so on impact the body is taking a lot of impact and cracking the hood. I am on my second body already and was wondering if maybe you guys run a different model, brand etc that does not extend past the front bumper.

The TLR body would be perfect but it is paper thin in spots, I am using shoe goo to extend the life of it.

So does anyone have any recommendations for other brands/models? I searched online but finding dimensions and details about the fit are kind of tricky. It is almost like you have to test each one out and see how they fit.
Raise your rear mounts push the body back and re drill, use the middle marks in the front and drill holes through the ridge forward of the marked mounts in the rear, fits perfect.
RockinTheCasbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #7023
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: OC,CA
Posts: 74
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SCTE blown bearing: Diff case still usable?

As the title says. Was at the track going head to head with some 1:8 scale guys with my SCTE and ended up blowing a bearing in my front dif. I didn't realize it until the 5th jump I lost power just before take off.

Front case -


Rear of the case -


As you can see there is some chew on the inside of the case. Is this trash or salvagable? Again pictured is the inside of my front dif case on my Losi SCTE.

Appreciate the help!
Ck_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #7024
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck_32 View Post
As the title says. Was at the track going head to head with some 1:8 scale guys with my SCTE and ended up blowing a bearing in my front dif. I didn't realize it until the 5th jump I lost power just before take off.

Front case -


Rear of the case -


As you can see there is some chew on the inside of the case. Is this trash or salvagable? Again pictured is the inside of my front dif case on my Losi SCTE.

Appreciate the help!
Just replace the case. They're cheap. The case gets sloppy after a while anyways and will cause gear mesh problems.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #7025
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: OC,CA
Posts: 74
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I accidentally bought dif oil, that's not the same as dif grease correct? I need to degrease my dif.

Also anyone know of a good place to get a full bearing kit? I thought I had spare bearing for my diffs but I guess not. Think it's time to pick up a bearing set for this truck cause I'm sure if I keep toying with the 1:8 guys this won't be the last time I blow a few bearings.
Ck_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #7026
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,012
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck_32 View Post
I accidentally bought dif oil, that's not the same as dif grease correct? I need to degrease my dif.

Also anyone know of a good place to get a full bearing kit? I thought I had spare bearing for my diffs but I guess not. Think it's time to pick up a bearing set for this truck cause I'm sure if I keep toying with the 1:8 guys this won't be the last time I blow a few bearings.

www.http://avidrc.com/
MX304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #7027
Tech Addict
 
.AJ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 600
Default

Any feedback on the option alloy 15degree front spindle carriers??
__________________
Losi 5ive T - Bartolone G340 - Hitec 1000 & 845 - MIP Shocks & Brakes + loads more.
TLR 8ight E 4.0 - HW Xerun XR8 Plus - Xerun 2250kv G2 - Protek 170t - IP powered

Spektrum DX4R Pro
.AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #7028
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20
Default

Looking for a replacement to a tekin RX8 gene that will allow me to run a savox 1258TG servo without the need of an additional BEC. Any suggestions?
monsterfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #7029
Tech Addict
 
.AJ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 600
Default

Do you mean gen1? The gen2 has a 7a bec so it will run any Savox without any fuss
__________________
Losi 5ive T - Bartolone G340 - Hitec 1000 & 845 - MIP Shocks & Brakes + loads more.
TLR 8ight E 4.0 - HW Xerun XR8 Plus - Xerun 2250kv G2 - Protek 170t - IP powered

Spektrum DX4R Pro
.AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #7030
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20
Default

ok that's the answer I was hoping for.. would the 5amp BEC on the orion r8.1 be ample as well? all my other stuff is orion, so sticking with that brand would make things easier programming-wise at the track.
monsterfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #7031
Tech Addict
 
.AJ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 600
Default

Can't see why not, any 1/8 esc worth it's salt should handle a Savox with ease
__________________
Losi 5ive T - Bartolone G340 - Hitec 1000 & 845 - MIP Shocks & Brakes + loads more.
TLR 8ight E 4.0 - HW Xerun XR8 Plus - Xerun 2250kv G2 - Protek 170t - IP powered

Spektrum DX4R Pro
.AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #7032
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

$70 servo or $200 ESC. I would replace the servo if your having problems.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #7033
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ok so last time I had my truck out I couldn't take corners very fast at all . My rear would wash out almost everytime. I am currently running the latest dunford setup only difference is I have my rear links in the B-1 position ( lil bit longer ). so my question is if this happens again my next time out what are some things I can try ?? It seems to turn in fine but id say from the middle of the turn out is were I lose it . The track is Med to high bite indoor clay . I thought maybe it was my driving so I let another driver drive my truck and he drove it 1 lap handed me my radio back and said theres something wrong with that truck ...lol

Thanks in advance, Cory
__________________
TLR 22T 2.0
Dirtraycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #7034
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AJ. View Post
Any feedback on the option alloy 15degree front spindle carriers??
They are nice to have, but not a must have part. I have been using them on my Pro8 for a long time and they have held up great and allow tighter steering. You do need the Tekno bones to take full advantage of extra steering as the stock axles bind at sharp angles. I don't use them on my 2.0 but again, would be nice to have.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #7035
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtraycer View Post
Ok so last time I had my truck out I couldn't take corners very fast at all . My rear would wash out almost everytime. I am currently running the latest dunford setup only difference is I have my rear links in the B-1 position ( lil bit longer ). so my question is if this happens again my next time out what are some things I can try ?? It seems to turn in fine but id say from the middle of the turn out is were I lose it . The track is Med to high bite indoor clay . I thought maybe it was my driving so I let another driver drive my truck and he drove it 1 lap handed me my radio back and said theres something wrong with that truck ...lol

Thanks in advance, Cory
Try moving rear hub spacers so hub is in middle with spacers front and rear. take a turn out of shock spring adjuster on rear and add a turn on the front shocks. Only do one thing at a time. If it is better you are going the right direction. If not, go back and try something else. Good luck!
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net