Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #6991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louperez4 View Post
wondering who makes screws for this truck now sense tlr
does not make the titanium screws Kit*!
http://www.losipartshouse.com/TLR4003-p/tlr4003.htm
Qualifiers are just organized practice...
DoogieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #6992
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter

Hoping Dakotah/dunford/casper could clarify the rear droop for Dakotah's latest setup.

I haven't seen 3-center used in the rear before.

Thx!

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...onals_2014.pdf
Old 07-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #6993
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Don't use your droop screws. I would assume this has the eyelets all the way screwed in and you are just shock limited on down travel.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:31 AM   #6994
Tech Rookie

I'm building the 2.0 kit and I'm having major issues with Diff's. The HD Diff housing goes together fine on front/center/rear. But, when the front/rear are installed into the 'front and rear gearbox set' (I call it diff case) the Pinion rubs against the plastic of the 'gearbox set'. I used a dremel to take just a small amount of plastic off to fix the front, but now its the same problem in the back! Anyone have any idea why this is? I'm very shocked that a Losi kit would be this way. The kit is awesome except for the Diff.

Also, Any other recommendations for this kit? The kit didn't come with "black grease" but rather a small pouch of brown grease. I bought a tube of Losi "great grease" to use instead of the brown grease.
DWalsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #6995
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalsberg View Post
I'm building the 2.0 kit and I'm having major issues with Diff's. The HD Diff housing goes together fine on front/center/rear. But, when the front/rear are installed into the 'front and rear gearbox set' (I call it diff case) the Pinion rubs against the plastic of the 'gearbox set'. I used a dremel to take just a small amount of plastic off to fix the front, but now its the same problem in the back! Anyone have any idea why this is? I'm very shocked that a Losi kit would be this way. The kit is awesome except for the Diff.

Also, Any other recommendations for this kit? The kit didn't come with "black grease" but rather a small pouch of brown grease. I bought a tube of Losi "great grease" to use instead of the brown grease.
The front diff case is known. Not everyone needs to modifiy it but it can happen. I have never heard of an issue with the rear diff case? That one is weird.

Losi great grease is probably not the best for the ring and pinion gears. The stuff that comes with the kit is not bad but is kind of odd stuff.

I would use some Losi black grease or better some Casper-RC extreme grease.

I would check to make sure the rear diff is shimmed properly and it might just be the gears need to break in slightly.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #6996
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The front diff case is known. Not everyone needs to modifiy it but it can happen. I have never heard of an issue with the rear diff case? That one is weird.

Losi great grease is probably not the best for the ring and pinion gears. The stuff that comes with the kit is not bad but is kind of odd stuff.

I would use some Losi black grease or better some Casper-RC extreme grease.

I would check to make sure the rear diff is shimmed properly and it might just be the gears need to break in slightly.

while your talking rear diff.
had trouble with mine the other night.
took off the rear drive sfaft.
and noticed a lot of in out play on the pinion rear diff input.
ive never been in there before and I don't have the manual.
is there anywhere I can go for the best info on rebuilding and shimming the diffs.
thanks
mike
68sportcoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:52 AM   #6997
Tech Addict

Anyone use the KHZ motor mount on their truck??

After reading this review on Amain's review page I'm not sure if to bother?

King Headz Motor Mount w/Dual Bearing
[KHZ-SCTE-036]

Eric M - Rating: Verified Owner Tuesday, May 06, 2014
Dislaimer: I am using this on an SCTE 2.0. First off, I had to grind some aluminum away from the lower right side of the motor mount, where it hits the plastic chassis plate guards. It does remove the slop from the center differential, but that could be mostly due to replacing the worn out bearings. We will see how long these hold up, but either way it should last much longer than the stock setup. My biggest beef is that the motor mount doesn't allow much adjustment for gear mesh. I'm using a Neucastle 3800 motor and am restricted to using 12t or larger pinions, even with some filing and grinding. This is why it only gets 3 stars from me. Amainhobbies says it fits the 2.0 kits, but not without some slight modification.

Spektrum DX4R Pro
.AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:58 AM   #6998
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AJ. View Post
Anyone use the KHZ motor mount on their truck??

After reading this review on Amain's review page I'm not sure if to bother?

King Headz Motor Mount w/Dual Bearing
[KHZ-SCTE-036]

Eric M - Rating: Verified Owner Tuesday, May 06, 2014
Dislaimer: I am using this on an SCTE 2.0. First off, I had to grind some aluminum away from the lower right side of the motor mount, where it hits the plastic chassis plate guards. It does remove the slop from the center differential, but that could be mostly due to replacing the worn out bearings. We will see how long these hold up, but either way it should last much longer than the stock setup. My biggest beef is that the motor mount doesn't allow much adjustment for gear mesh. I'm using a Neucastle 3800 motor and am restricted to using 12t or larger pinions, even with some filing and grinding. This is why it only gets 3 stars from me. Amainhobbies says it fits the 2.0 kits, but not without some slight modification.
Don't know what that guy is talking about, my KHZ motor mount fit perfectly without any modification. There's also plenty of room to adjust the gear mesh with my Tekin Pro4 HD.
CRF Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:22 AM   #6999
Tech Addict

Bet he had the side guards on the wrong sides

Spektrum DX4R Pro
Old 07-28-2014, 04:32 AM   #7000
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

KHZ motor mount is awesome. I second the side guards on probably on wrong.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:35 AM   #7001
Tech Addict

I had both the motor mount and the front mount on my 1.0 truck and loved them, I'm going to get them again for my new truck

Spektrum DX4R Pro
Old 07-28-2014, 06:03 AM   #7002

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

If you are trying to run anything smaller than a 12 tooth, the motor will slide into the bump for the bearing on the King Headz mount. I'd still buy them again. The slop removal has little to nothing to do with replacing worn out bearings. Its a sound design.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #7003
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF Pilot View Post
Don't know what that guy is talking about, my KHZ motor mount fit perfectly without any modification. There's also plenty of room to adjust the gear mesh with my Tekin Pro4 HD.

+1
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #7004
Tech Addict

Ordered along with the front mount and going to give MIP Pucks a go

Spektrum DX4R Pro
Old 07-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #7005
dtr
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalsberg View Post
Double-check that the little aluminum blocks fit flush in the side groves of the diff case, and also check the alignment of the cross-pins. I have seen both happen and cause the problem you described.
dtr is offline   Reply With Quote