R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2014, 07:28 AM   #6751
Tech Adept
 
SoCalMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sunny Southern Cal...
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Well I already broke one of the TLR aluminum caster blocks. No crashes out of the norm, truck started handling strange and upon inspection, sure enough it was snapped at its thinnest. Much disappoint after dropping some good coin. I did a search and cant find them, did they already pull them???
__________________
Losi 5ive-T monster
Kyosho RB6 mid...
Kyosho SC6 mid...
Kyosho RT6 mid...

Last edited by SoCalMX; 05-23-2014 at 07:45 AM.
SoCalMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #6752
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Cool SEND IT BACK

Here> http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...service-center




Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX View Post
Well I already broke one of the TLR aluminum caster blocks. No crashes out of the norm, truck started handling strange and upon inspection, sure enough it was snapped at its thinnest. Much disappoint after dropping some good coin. I did a search and cant find them, did they already pull them???
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #6753
Tech Adept
 
SoCalMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sunny Southern Cal...
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I will thanks. I have to ship some (new unopened) parts back to them for my 1/5 scale anyhow.

The blocks are no longer listed on the TLR site, my guess is they scratched the idea? Not sure why they didn't make them close to the same thickness of the stockers?
__________________
Losi 5ive-T monster
Kyosho RB6 mid...
Kyosho SC6 mid...
Kyosho RT6 mid...
SoCalMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #6754
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,660
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc-007 View Post
What's the minimum requirements for a servo in a scte? Would a hitec 965 be enough, or a Solar D770/D771/D772? Also, would a 2.0 really be necessary for someone just getting into 4x4 sct, or would a 1.0 be fine? I'm not entirely new to r/c, currently race 17.5 sc basically. Also my budget is going to be low...
I like my servo's .10sec or faster on speed and 150oz of torque or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX View Post
I will thanks. I have to ship some (new unopened) parts back to them for my 1/5 scale anyhow.

The blocks are no longer listed on the TLR site, my guess is they scratched the idea? Not sure why they didn't make them close to the same thickness of the stockers?
We talking abou these?

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR334017

No they are not scraping the idea. I can't say what CS will do but they are pretty good about replacing stuff and if it broke that fast I would guess there was a flaw in the material. We have had these on Ryan and my Trucks for a good 6-8 months and we bent original prototypes but never broke one. The part was stiffened to reduce the chance to bend them. I put my truck full speed in a wall and broke a spindle (first one EVER on this truck) and the caster block was fine. Contact Horizon Customer service and see what they will do for you.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #6755
Tech Adept
 
SoCalMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sunny Southern Cal...
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yes, I finally found them listed. I will give it a shot and see what they say!
__________________
Losi 5ive-T monster
Kyosho RB6 mid...
Kyosho SC6 mid...
Kyosho RT6 mid...
SoCalMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #6756
Tech Adept
 
SoCalMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sunny Southern Cal...
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

For the fun of it during practice runs I have been trying to downside a table clearing a double, when the better path and what every one else (typically me too) is doing is hitting the double than the table. Cased it several times (I did hit it clean a few times and it was pretty sweet) and cracked my chassis out back, FOCK!!! Already ordered a replacement chassis and will do a full rebuild including the diffs, MIP Puck drive and stainless screw set, gonna be a fun week!
__________________
Losi 5ive-T monster
Kyosho RB6 mid...
Kyosho SC6 mid...
Kyosho RT6 mid...
SoCalMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #6757
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We talking abou these?

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR334017

No they are not scraping the idea. I can't say what CS will do but they are pretty good about replacing stuff and if it broke that fast I would guess there was a flaw in the material. We have had these on Ryan and my Trucks for a good 6-8 months and we bent original prototypes but never broke one. The part was stiffened to reduce the chance to bend them. I put my truck full speed in a wall and broke a spindle (first one EVER on this truck) and the caster block was fine. Contact Horizon Customer service and see what they will do for you.
Do they make aluminum front spindles to go with them. I have broke 5-6 of them so far and for some reason it's always the right side (I believe). The steering arm breaks off the spindle.
ctuinstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #6758
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,660
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuinstra View Post
Do they make aluminum front spindles to go with them. I have broke 5-6 of them so far and for some reason it's always the right side (I believe). The steering arm breaks off the spindle.
No they don't. Are you breaking them in cold weather? I find it quite odd you are breaking spindles.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:54 AM   #6759
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No they don't. Are you breaking them in cold weather? I find it quite odd you are breaking spindles.
It was over the course of the winter on an indoor track. I don't usually break many other parts. I thought it was quite odd that I was breaking them and only on the one side until I had to donate another one to a fellow driver who also broke the same one.
ctuinstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #6760
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuinstra View Post
Do they make aluminum front spindles to go with them. I have broke 5-6 of them so far and for some reason it's always the right side (I believe). The steering arm breaks off the spindle.
I kept breaking mine also. Hot Racing makes aluminum spindles and I'm using those now. Someone posted a picture a few tabs back.
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #6761
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 51
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roken View Post
I kept breaking mine also. Hot Racing makes aluminum spindles and I'm using those now. Someone posted a picture a few tabs back.
Thanks, I found them. I'm going to give them a try.
ctuinstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #6762
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up Workinh good

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
Nice

__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #6763
Tech Elite
 
JEFFs SC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orlandooooo, Fl
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

hi guys,

need part nos for caster blocks, front tekno shafts and rear hex (0.5 mm)

need to mod my NEW 2.0
__________________
XRAY 2017 T4
CRC Gen X SE- 17.5 GT
Xray X12-17' GT12
support your local tracks- Beachline Raceway-386-Full Throttle Raceway
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #6764
Tech Rookie
 
bmitch282's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 13
Default

Hey guys, I run an SCTE 1.0 with the Mamba SCT Race Pro system (3800kv) and was wondering if the shroud fan for the motor is necessary? It's just bulky and saps some battery so I'm curious.. PS I live in Texas so it can get hot and run outdoors. Thanks
bmitch282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:58 AM   #6765
Tech Regular
 
rcus3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: any*cal
Posts: 348
Default

Breaking spindles - my experience.

I broke a couple when I used the STRC aluminum stearing rack. The aluminum servo saver side would bind and not give when needed to. You get a little dust in there, and those two aluminum halves don't slide over one another. Once I replaced with plastic, never broke a spindle again.
rcus3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net