Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Diff Day
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-img_4987-002.jpg  
Old 04-13-2014, 07:17 AM   #6527
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a question about the "Dunford setup":

As far as I could find out here in this thread, the springs (black front, silver rear) are from the spring sets LOSB2959 (="Front Racing Spring Set: TEN") and LOSB2963 (="Rear Racing Spring Set: TEN").

Does anybody know if the sets LOSB2960 (="Fr/R Spring Set (4), Silver (Soft)") and LOSB2961 (="Fr/R Spring Set (4), Black (Medium)") contain the same springs?

Since the latter ones are only $6.99, while the other ones ar $16.99... I'd prefer to spend no more than necessary.

And what about TLR spring sets TLR5177 (="Front Shock Spring, 4.1 Rate, Black") and TLR5171 (="Rear Shock Spring, 3.4 Rate, Silver"), both for $4.99 each? Even cheaper, but are they the same?

It gets a little confusing with so many different(?) springs, when all are just referred to as "black" or "silver".

Ryan? Casper? Some "official" info maybe?
DirkW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #6528
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
I have a question about the "Dunford setup":

As far as I could find out here in this thread, the springs (black front, silver rear) are from the spring sets LOSB2959 (="Front Racing Spring Set: TEN") and LOSB2963 (="Rear Racing Spring Set: TEN").

Does anybody know if the sets LOSB2960 (="Fr/R Spring Set (4), Silver (Soft)") and LOSB2961 (="Fr/R Spring Set (4), Black (Medium)") contain the same springs?

Since the latter ones are only $6.99, while the other ones ar $16.99... I'd prefer to spend no more than necessary.

And what about TLR spring sets TLR5177 (="Front Shock Spring, 4.1 Rate, Black") and TLR5171 (="Rear Shock Spring, 3.4 Rate, Silver"), both for $4.99 each? Even cheaper, but are they the same?

It gets a little confusing with so many different(?) springs, when all are just referred to as "black" or "silver".

Ryan? Casper? Some "official" info maybe?
The springs are from the racing spring sets.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB2959
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB2963

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it they only come in the full sets. These springs a a little different then the old 1.0 springs that are sold in pairs but handle better in racing conditions and suppport the truck better.

The 2.0 comes with these racing springs but in blue and orange one spring lighter all around from what we went to with the latest setup.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #6529
Tech Apprentice

A fun day on a new astro track with the SCTE 2.0 http://youtu.be/kPlI4_Z9p30
I had a nice comparison with a Durango that is also racing in the same championship this year

Love my SCTE 2.0, did I already mention that?
Old 04-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #6530
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The springs are from the racing spring sets.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB2959
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB2963

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it they only come in the full sets. These springs a a little different then the old 1.0 springs that are sold in pairs but handle better in racing conditions and suppport the truck better.

The 2.0 comes with these racing springs but in blue and orange one spring lighter all around from what we went to with the latest setup.
Thank you for the clarification. So... more money to spend *sigh*
Old 04-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #6531
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. So... more money to spend *sigh*
Hey look at it like you get all the springs so a one time purchase!

Old 04-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #6532
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Hey look at it like you get all the springs so a one time purchase!
Yes, I'll have to try to see it that way... not easy though. Hope this thing will be more fun to drive than to build and prepare... so far it's been more frustration than fun.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #6533
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Yes, I'll have to try to see it that way... not easy though. Hope this thing will be more fun to drive than to build and prepare... so far it's been more frustration than fun.
It is worth it. These trucks are super fun to drive and very durable!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #6534
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

New to the forums and about 3 weeks in with my 2.0 kit Dunford setup (he was my turn martial the other day,lol...) Running it with a Schuur speed 4300 4-pole and Hobbywing ESC, 70c 2s lipos.

King Haedz center diff & motor mount, worth the money?
Kyosho RT6 mid...
SoCalMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #6535
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to zuki250

Center diff mount...Def would do
zuki250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #6536
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX View Post
New to the forums and about 3 weeks in with my 2.0 kit Dunford setup (he was my turn martial the other day,lol...) Running it with a Schuur speed 4300 4-pole and Hobbywing ESC, 70c 2s lipos.

King Haedz center diff & motor mount, worth the money?
I don't feel it is needed but guys that can't stand any play like it. I have never had an issue with center diff play. Yes it can have some but it had yet to affect performance or cause a problem.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #6537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default TLR334017

Hey everyone...just wanted to let you all know about our aluminum front spindle carriers for the SCTE that are ready to ship. They now have 15 degrees of caster to allow for more weight transfer to the rear. We also raised up the spindle itself to adjust bone plunge and also added more steering throw.

Some words of wisdom so to speak, lol...you will need to unscrew your front shock ends 2 more turns from wherever you are to make up for the raised spindle.

You may see some additional rubbing with the extra steering throw and will want to dremel accordingly.

We tried to give you some of what we learned form the 22-4 and 8ight series updates with one carrier set.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR334017
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #6538
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Take mah moneez...Can we get a discounted group buy going?
Kyosho RT6 mid...
SoCalMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #6539
Tech Apprentice

Hey Casper. First of all, thank you for spending time on this forum and answering our questions. Same goes for the rest of the TLR team.

So on to my question… have you ever used droop as a tuning tool? I race on outdoor, hard packed tracks which blue grooves and sometimes end up with a fine layer of dust depending on the humidity (east coast). I find my SCTE runs better with less droop. In order to get everyone on the same page, when I say 'less droop' I mean that I limit the downward travel of the arm to LESS than what it is stock (or without adjustments). I find that I am still able to get the steering required to rotate around turns and the truck just 'feels' better and more responsive. With full droop (arms all the way down) I feel the truck has too much body roll and takes longer to react to inputs and I also tend to overdrive the truck, meaning it turns TOO much if that makes any sense.

The reason I ask this question is that in all the setup sheets available for the SCTE, almost no one mentions droop settings or if they do, state they UNSCREW the shock bottom eyelet 2 turns which INCREASES droop => increase body roll => slow down the truck's reaction further. Is this really how you guys drive?

When I see vids of your trucks (TLR team guys), they seem VERY reactive and have VERY limited body roll around the turns. The inside radius of the truck barely lifts up if at all and it looks like there is not a whole lot of weight transfer going on. Especially on some of the higher grip tracks on the west coast, your trucks almost look like carpet TC's lol. This just does not compute in my head. I know you can get the same 'feel' by increasing oil weights and changing roll center, but the setup sheets online do not reflect this.

The only downside I've experienced due to limiting droop is that the truck feels less 'plush' when coming off big jumps. When i am able to cleanly downside the jump, I can accelerated MUCH quicker and its sooo smooth. When I over jump and land flat, it feels like it hits harder (which makes sense).

Could you provide some input to my observations? When I ask the local drivers about droop, they often don't understand what it does or don't touch it as a tuning option. Thanks in advance!
JK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #6540
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thinking about buying one of these kits, as well as an 8ight e 3.0.. Trying to get ready for the outdoor season. What is a good combo with this, esc/motor etc... Not sure if I want the 1/8th buggy or this first.