R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 04-09-2014, 04:09 AM   #6511
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roken View Post
I'm using the latest Losi guys set up except 5-5-3 and all is great put push and can't turn out off corners. What can I do, I may be diving into deep.
Try the latest Dunford setup (7/1/13) on Casper-RC.com. Also try running no front sway bar. You'll have to experiment to find what works for you. The setup I mention is used by several VERY FAST hotdogs and a local TLR pro. This will very likely accommodate your needs unless your driving style is bizarre!

http://www.casper-rc.com/TLR_Ten-SCTE.htm
http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_..._13_reduce.pdf
Old 04-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #6512
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuki250 View Post
Casper if i just swap the diff fluids to 5, 5, 3 instead of the 5, 7,5 would that slow the rear end from coming around...I love the way the truck is handling other than that
See link below. I guess it depends on how it is coming around. Is it on power or loose going into the corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roken View Post
I'm using the latest Losi guys set up except 5-5-3 and all is great put push and can't turn out off corners. What can I do, I may be diving into deep.
So you need on power steering. That is a little odd for a 4wd car but going up in Center diff oil might help with this. See link below.

The diff setup goes with the rest of the setup we have on the latest Dunford setup and if anything people complain that has a little too much steering on a low traction track. For high bite we numb out the car by taking droop out and lowering the car to reduce traction rolling from too much steering.

Great reading on tuning the SCTE.
http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...uning_Tips.pdf

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #6513
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to zuki250

Thanks Casper...it's on power...it's just a tad to much...indoor on the clay the truck was money...that was the latest dunford on clay...I can drive it fine, but it does want to rotate on longer turns...i looped out a few times...Otherwise the truck is great...i really don't want to change it if i dont have to...well change everything that is!!
zuki250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #6514
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuki250 View Post
Thanks Casper...it's on power...it's just a tad to much...indoor on the clay the truck was money...that was the latest dunford on clay...I can drive it fine, but it does want to rotate on longer turns...i looped out a few times...Otherwise the truck is great...i really don't want to change it if i dont have to...well change everything that is!!
Try this. Curious if it will help. Move the hubs a spacer forward. Should be a fairly small change.

I have not played with hubs a lot of this car but based on other cars I am curious if this might give you want you may be looking for for the track change.

The lower rear diff (3K) should help with mid corner steering but typically lower speed. The 5K we found helped lock in the rear end on power a little more. Did not have the step out feel.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #6515
dtr
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by drepus View Post
If you don't find it in one of the other bags I have a few solutions to help you get out on track.
1 Check with your local shop if they can get the replacement sent to you from TLR.
2 If your local shop carries TLR they might have either a 5-40x7/8 screw you could cut the head off. Or if they stock TLR 1/8 parts you could use LOSA6045 which is the same size steering link and set screw from the 8ight series of vehicles.
3 I just checked and you could find a 3x22 set screw or cut down a 3mm bolt to 22mm long. I just tried installing a 3x8 screw into a new tie rod and could not pull it out with pliers so you should be fine using a 3mm screw. I would use some tire glue on the 3mm screw when you thread it into the tie rod.

Have fun with your new truck!
Thanks for the tips Dave, one of them will surely work!
Come to think of it, I have probably put a LOSA6045 set in the old scte when the balls wore out.
dtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #6516
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Steering EPA left vs right

Just curious how much your steering EPA varies from left to right. I am like 120% left 80% right. I went back and made sure my steering links were the same and the length per the manual. I got it to 110% left and 95% right. I am OCD. Are yours any closer than that?

Do you use the thrust washer behind the retaining pin in the diff? Just read that some leave it out in their 8ight 3.0s
all controlled with spektrum dX4R

Last edited by skyler hays; 04-09-2014 at 08:27 PM.
skyler hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #6517
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Shock pistons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSCFlash View Post
Try the latest Dunford setup (7/1/13) on Casper-RC.com. Also try running no front sway bar. You'll have to experiment to find what works for you. The setup I mention is used by several VERY FAST hotdogs and a local TLR pro. This will very likely accommodate your needs unless your driving style is bizarre!

http://www.casper-rc.com/TLR_Ten-SCTE.htm
http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_..._13_reduce.pdf

I was reviewing this setup and noticed it uses "3" pistons.

What is the hole size?

2 or 3 hole?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #6518
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw60 View Post
I was reviewing this setup and noticed it uses "3" pistons.

What is the hole size?

2 or 3 hole?

Any help is appreciated.
Std SCTE pistons. The are 4 hole and have a #3 on them. I think they are 1.05mm holes

Old 04-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #6519
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Pistons

Thanks Casper!!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #6520
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
Just curious how much your steering EPA varies from left to right. I am like 120% left 80% right. I went back and made sure my steering links were the same and the length per the manual. I got it to 110% left and 95% right. I am OCD. Are yours any closer than that?
have you reset the arm on the servo at center? get everything zeroed out and then hook it all up. it sounds like that may help.
superty.org
LosiRacer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #6521
Tech Adept

I've referenced this thread a few times, while asking myself questions about the Losi SCTE, but I am wondering if anyone here could help answer this question. On my freshly built SCTE, I'm about to wire up the ESC and motor. I went with a Tekin RX8 and a Tekin Pro 4 HD motor. Problem is my sensor harness is not nearly long enough to reach the backside of the motor. What are you guys using for longer sensor harnesses? I can't seem to find any longer ones offered by Tekin. Looks like I need about a 250-270mm long cable. Any recommendations?

Last edited by Espeefan; 04-12-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Espeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #6522
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post

Do you use the thrust washer behind the retaining pin in the diff? Just read that some leave it out in their 8ight 3.0s
It sounds like the steering link, coming off your servo arm and going to the servo saver bell crank, needs some adjustment. If it's too short (or too long), you'll need more servo throw in one direction than the other. EPA will correct for this, as you know, and it will be just fine, however if you want to be OCD about it (and I understand, being a little OCD myself) you'll have to play with the length of this steering link.

Mechanically get the servo arm and servo saver bell crank parallel to each other. Adjust the steering servo's neutral point with your radio's programming, under sub-trim, if the servo arm splines do not allow you to put the servo arm on the output shaft at 90 degrees to the servo. Once the arm is at 90 degrees, than you have to adjust the linkage so that servo saver bell crank is parallel to the servo arm. After all that, your EPA adjustments should be very close, but they might still not be perfect. I wouldn't worry about it to much.

As for the shims, I did not use any inside the differentials of my truck. They felt good to me. I just built the diffs per the instruction manual.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #6523
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
I've referenced this thread a few times, while asking myself questions about the Losi SCTE, but I am wondering if anyone here could help answer this question. On my freshly built SCTE, I'm about to wire up the ESC and motor. I went with a Tekin RX8 and a Tekin Pro 4 HD motor. Problem is my sensor harness is not nearly long enough to reach the backside of the motor. What are you guys using for longer sensor harnesses? I can't seem to find any longer ones offered by Tekin. Looks like I need about a 250-270mm long cable. Any recommendations?
Your sensor wire does not have to be a Tekin, some companies offer longer or ribbon flat style ones, but I believe 270mm was the right size
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #6524
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
Your sensor wire does not have to be a Tekin, some companies offer longer or ribbon flat style ones, but I believe 270mm was the right size
Thanks. Can you recommend any particular brand as being better than another?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #6525
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Thanks. Can you recommend any particular brand as being better than another?
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...or-Cable-275mm