R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #6481
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68sportcoup View Post
hello guys ive got a used 2.0 am going through it and when I opened up the center diff
all looked good but then I realized there was no gasket between the spur and the case.
it was full of fluid and not leaking.
wouldn't the lack of the gasket force the planetarys closer together?
should I put the gasket in or not?
I am planning on starting out with 5-7-5.
thanks for any help.
thanks
mike
There is no gasket between gear and case, only case cover and case. You should be good to go. Indoor clay some run 5-5-3
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #6482
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to zuki250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roken View Post
There is no gasket between gear and case, only case cover and case. You should be good to go. Indoor clay some run 5-5-3
Doesnt the manual show a gasket....or is that just the cover
zuki250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #6483
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roken View Post
Thanks no gasket it is then.
I haven't gotten to the front or rear yet.
Hopefully finish it up this weekend
We race outside on packed loam med sized track
Thanks
Mike
68sportcoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #6484
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68sportcoup View Post
hello guys ive got a used 2.0 am going through it and when I opened up the center diff
all looked good but then I realized there was no gasket between the spur and the case.
it was full of fluid and not leaking.
wouldn't the lack of the gasket force the planetarys closer together?
should I put the gasket in or not?
I am planning on starting out with 5-7-5.
thanks for any help.
thanks
mike
Yeah a 2.0 should have a thicker gasket with HD diff cases. I would get a gasket for it.

I am not sure you can buy the HD gasket separate. This is the old one but will work just fine.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB3568

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #6485
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yeah a 2.0 should have a thicker gasket with HD diff cases. I would get a gasket for it.

I am not sure you can buy the HD gasket separate. This is the old one but will work just fine.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB3568
cool that's the gasket I have the truck came with 2 of those losi parts packs.
one the gasket was junk but the other was fine ill use that.
I also got a diff case with it its tlr332001hd diff housing integrated ten.
don't know if I need it but its there hopefully when I do the front and rear diffs the gaskets are reusable.
thanks again mike
68sportcoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #6486
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi guys

Just chasing some help with tyres. I'm loving the 2.0 but feeling my tyres are really letting me down at the local track. It's outdoors hard pack underneath (for the best part of it) but it's usually covered with a very loose top. There can be a heap of very small rocks that are almost like driving on ball bearings when the track dries out.

On my 1/8th I run aka ibeams in soft compound and they are fantastic on the track. On the aka chart they don't have anything they recommend for loamy tracks.

Yesterday I ran the aka cityblock 2 in soft and also the jconcepts goosebumps. While both were ok I'm hoping there maybe something better without wasting too much money finding the right one

Oh and please don't say talk to the LHS (they have no idea). Not trying to talk myself up but I am already the so called fast guy at the local track and have no one else to turn to. That's why I'm hear asking faster guys for your help

Cheers
Boothy

Last edited by Boothy82; 04-05-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Boothy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #6487

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Try a Caliber. That sounds a bit like my back yard track and the Calibers are the best.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #6488
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothy82 View Post
Hi guys

Just chasing some help with tyres. I'm loving the 2.0 but feeling my tyres are really letting me down at the local track. It's outdoors hard pack underneath (for the best part of it) but it's usually covered with a very loose top. There can be a heap of very small rocks that are almost like driving on ball bearings when the track dries out.

On my 1/8th I run aka ibeams in soft compound and they are fantastic on the track. On the aka chart they don't have anything they recommend for loamy tracks.

Yesterday I ran the aka cityblock 2 in soft and also the jconcepts goosebumps. While both were ok I'm hoping there maybe something better without wasting too much money finding the right one

Oh and please don't say talk to the LHS (they have no idea). Not trying to talk myself up but I am already the so called fast guy at the local track and have no one else to turn to. That's why I'm hear asking faster guys for your help

Cheers
Boothy
AKA Enduro for sure !

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #6489
dtr
Tech Master

Hi! I am having issues right at the beginning of building the kit. Step A-1 calls for a 7/8" set screw as a link between the servo and the steering assembly; but the bag contains a much shorter one. I think the 1.0 also had a short link, is it just an error in the manual?
edit: I have tried both the short link and the long link that goes in the torque rod and both fit, but i feel more confident with the longer one.

Last edited by dtr; 04-06-2014 at 02:05 PM.
dtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #6490
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr View Post
Hi! I am having issues right at the beginning of building the kit. Step A-1 calls for a 7/8" set screw as a link between the servo and the steering assembly; but the bag contains a much shorter one. I think the 1.0 also had a short link, is it just an error in the manual?
Yes a 5-40 x 7/8" set screw is the correct length and if I remember correctly was the same size used in the 1.0. The one in my 2.0 is black if that helps.
Is it perhaps in another bag by mistake?

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #6491

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I've replaced my ol' Bump chassis with a BCE Hybrid so I decided to try the Dunford setup to start with. Has anyone other than me found that there just isn't anywhere enough steering for a technical indoor medium bite clay track with lots of 180's? Since I moved to the Dunford setup, I've since removed the front sway bar altogether, lightened the front oil, decreased rear toe, and just now moved from 10 to 8 front kick up. Did I miss something here? Is there a different go to setup for tight indoor clay? Am I really that bad a driver (very well could be the case)?
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #6492
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
I've replaced my ol' Bump chassis with a BCE Hybrid so I decided to try the Dunford setup to start with. Has anyone other than me found that there just isn't anywhere enough steering for a technical indoor medium bite clay track with lots of 180's? Since I moved to the Dunford setup, I've since removed the front sway bar altogether, lightened the front oil, decreased rear toe, and just now moved from 10 to 8 front kick up. Did I miss something here? Is there a different go to setup for tight indoor clay? Am I really that bad a driver (very well could be the case)?
I used to struggle with setup. Found out it was me. Over driving corners and using too much brakes. Slow is fast. I was running 553 and I went to 575. I raced yesterday at a neighboring track. I couldn't tell a difference but thus weekend I can compare lap times on my 'home' track
all controlled with spektrum dX4R
skyler hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #6493
Tech Prophet

With as much power as we have in these things you need to be a little careful with how agressive you drive them that is for sure.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #6494
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
I used to struggle with setup. Found out it was me. Over driving corners and using too much brakes. Slow is fast. I was running 553 and I went to 575. I raced yesterday at a neighboring track. I couldn't tell a difference but thus weekend I can compare lap times on my 'home' track
I run the newer Dunford setup with no front sway bar and the 2-pole motor combination you see below. It has few performance upgrades like the Kingheadz stuff and MIP puck drivelines. In fact, I let the local TLR pro drive it Saturday and he was instantly 1.5 seconds faster than me. He said it was the best driving truck he's EVER driven.

The moral to the story is that I just need to learn to drive. An SCTE 2.0 with the Dunford setup is as good as it gets for equipment, if you know how to drive it!

And another good thing is the support we get from everyone on this forum and the local TLR pros who are VERY helpful. Ours is giving me driving lessons! I am 50 years old, but not too old to learn!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #6495
Tech Prophet

Best team in the industry!

Glad to hear you are getting help and figuring it out.