support your local tracks- Beachline Raceway-386-Full Throttle Raceway
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #6347
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
rear springs , go softer
Was that for my nose dive question? If so, thank you. I'll try that!
superty.org
LosiRacer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #6348
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

JR's smac trac setup isn't posted anywhere, is it?
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #6349
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Ken, this play is normal and actually for most people will make the truck easier to drive. It is that way by design.

I am not sure exactly where to start with all of this but I am sorry for your frustrations. This truck has evolved a long way from its RTR roots and thus some things are still evolving on it. It does however provide you with the best 4WD SC out of any box you can buy today.

1. We are still looking into this to see if this can be resolved properly. The bearings were initially too loose on the diff and so we tightened up the tolerances and so they got a bit tight. Most go on with a tiny bit of work but it is still work.

2. I use a powered driver and MIP tips and have yet to strip one of these screws. I run them straight in with no grease and no tapping. For those using hand tools, I always recommend grease and tapping these as these holes were also tightened up so as not to strip. I do not take being called a a-hole lightly but realize you are venting so I will just assume that is what it is. HH CS would be happy to send you new ones if you so desire.

3. I have never had an issue with the diff in the housing, in either the front or rear. If you feel there is an issue, you can surely contact HH customer service and they will get you a new one. It is possible that the bearings may not be fully seated on the diff and this could possibly cause this. When you place the screws into this system and screw it together, it aligns everything.

4. I have not heard such remarks on the instructions. As for as metric versus standard, this vehicle includes metric screws where they engineering wise were needed. I do hear you on this and this is an issue coming from when this vehicle was originated and something that we want to address in time.

As far as your AE wants...sorry to hear you feel this way. I am incredibly familiar with AE and their quality and I can say our quality is very good.
Hacker: thanks for the responses. I ended up just using the HPI Z449 screws and everything worked out great. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to come onto a website and stand up for your company.
On a side note, you really think if I call CS they will send me out a new ring gear and screws? Thanks in advance
ridered4life250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #6350
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconway View Post
I agree. this is the worse kit I have ever built, and my first Losi as well. Myself and two other guys had a similar binding issue with the front diff.. What we come to find out is that the issue is tied to your first issue, the bearings. After pressing the daylights out of them, that just gets them flush to the edge. After tapping them beyond flush the binding went away. Possibly they are not 100% true until taped further.
I dunno man. They are on there pretty far. They are small bearing and I don't want to mess them up. How far did down did your seat? You got a pic by chance?
ridered4life250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #6351
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Horizon CS is top notch. They have had great reviews for those that have had to contact them. You might be suprised. I can't say what they will or will not do but contacting only costs a little bit of time.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #6352
Tech Regular

Default 5-7-5

Who's using the diff oil combination of 5-7-5, how is it working?
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #6353
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roken View Post
Who's using the diff oil combination of 5-7-5, how is it working?
I run 5-7-3 myself, but I run on a really high traction track.
Errokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #6354
Tech Regular

Good thanks. My track can be sticky at times too. I'll try that at least I'll only have to change one diff if 5-7-5 is off.
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:18 AM   #6355
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

I was getting frustrated with a few things on this truck but after driving it a few times it has been worth it

The diff screws have to be changed to a bigger Allen like the Hpi one
Tapping it would work but I think the screws are just weak and would strip on the rebuild
Get those dremels ready. I missed a series race for not getting the Hpi screws on time

The diff bearings are right but just hand press them and after running a while it does get smoother. The same thing for one of my diffs that was gritty at first. Since I had stripped screws on them I couldn't open it up so just ran it and now is very smooth all over

I have tried all sc trucks that are available, even bought an mip bec of my frustrations with the 2.0 build but the 2.0 still feels more stable and faster than the mip

It is a well engineered car just a few details have to be fixed by losi like metric screws
Just my 2 cents
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #6356
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Saw Maddog running that thunderpower 550 4.5 two pole last night in Columbus. HE ROCKED THEM ALL!!! CRAZY FAST! Plus he's an very good driver.The SCTE 2.0 rocked.
Guch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #6357
Tech Apprentice

I've just tried the diffs as I ran them on my old rango on carpet, since 5k/7k/3k just doesn't work well for me on carpet.
A change to 10k/20k/10k made a huge difference for me:
The proportion of 10k front 10k rear makes the car really turn well, 20k mid delivers more power to all wheels and 10k rear (together with 20k mid) pushes the SC harder and more level over jumps... no more nose down jumps. The onpower steering is also increased.

For anybody racing on carpet, I suggest trying it if you haven't yet.

What shall I say... I love the SCTE 2.0 - Lets see how well it works in the race tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #6358
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered4life250 View Post
Losi goes between metric and SAE measurements and bolt sizes like every other freaking page. What is going on here guys!?!?

I hate to say it but this will most likely be my last Losi kit. I have owned upwards of 35 Associated kits and never bought losi. I am now sad that I ever strayed from Associated.
Yeah, I thought Losi would have gone all metric on the 2.0 maybe the 3.0

LOL, you think wrenching on this is frustrating, try the Associated SC10 4x. You'd throw it out the window

Just thought I'd stop in and see what the Losi peeps were doing and couldn't help commenting on this
fq06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #6359
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guch View Post
Saw Maddog running that thunderpower 550 4.5 two pole last night in Columbus. HE ROCKED THEM ALL!!! CRAZY FAST! Plus he's an very good driver.The SCTE 2.0 rocked.
Thanks! Running the latest dunford setup with middle thickness rear sway bar and panther clay rattlers.
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #6360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered4life250 View Post
Hacker: thanks for the responses. I ended up just using the HPI Z449 screws and everything worked out great. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to come onto a website and stand up for your company.
On a side note, you really think if I call CS they will send me out a new ring gear and screws? Thanks in advance
Yes, we sure will.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote