R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 12-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #5791
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrewer View Post
Hello everyone I am fixing to start running the 2.0 rather than reading all 386 pages I thought I would just ask what are the most common things everyone's doing. you can pm me if you would like I would appreciate ant help
The truck is solid out of the box. Get the option springs and run the Dunford setup on Casper rc and it's dialed.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #5792
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
The truck is solid out of the box. Get the option springs and run the Dunford setup on Casper rc and it's dialed.
Awesome Thank You
Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #5793
Tech Adept

Default scte setup

Quote:

I spent the day enjoying Ryan's exact setup. Just notice my rear is a little too loose. Next week I'll just modifying my diffs to 5-5-2. Track is indoor clay, medium grip tight track with sharp corners.

I only have 5% drag break but my truck nose dives really fast. Cant give it much gas because of turn right after.

??????
braderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #5794
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderb View Post
I spent the day enjoying Ryan's exact setup. Just notice my rear is a little too loose. Next week I'll just modifying my diffs to 5-5-2. Track is indoor clay, medium grip tight track with sharp corners.

I only have 5% drag break but my truck nose dives really fast. Cant give it much gas because of turn right after.

??????
On Ryan's setup he has the battery forward. You could try running it in the middle or rear position if your rear end is loose and your nose heavy.
hkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #5795
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can buy the MIP replacement pucks besides MIP directly? The pucks don't last very long and paying list price is going to add up fast.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #5796
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobed409 View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy the MIP replacement pucks besides MIP directly? The pucks don't last very long and paying list price is going to add up fast.
How long do the pucks last? $6 for 8 doesn't seem bad unless you have to replace them every race day.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #5797
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I couldn't get my kit to feel like it was in the dirt so I added 40g to the front and 65 to the rear. It really helped. Before it was skating and loose. Now I can put the power down. More testing this week with more motor and hoping to get it even faster.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #5798
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
I couldn't get my kit to feel like it was in the dirt so I added 40g to the front and 65 to the rear. It really helped. Before it was skating and loose. Now I can put the power down. More testing this week with more motor and hoping to get it even faster.
Why add weight instead of going to softer springs or softer inserts in the tires?
Old 12-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #5799
Tech Rookie

Default Tekin 4300 w/ Mamba Max Pro

Beginner here looking for some advice. I purchased a Ten SCTE RTR. The stock ESC on it burnt out after 3mo. of use and I purchased a MMP to replace it. The stock motor is good but I now realize that it too needs to be replaced as well to stay competitive although, I did have success racing the truck right out of the box. I'm considering buying the Tekin 4300 motor and would like to know if this would be a good replacement to run w/ the MMP? Anybody got this set-up with some knowledge to offer me some advice?
Banjoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #5800
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
Beginner here looking for some advice. I purchased a Ten SCTE RTR. The stock ESC on it burnt out after 3mo. of use and I purchased a MMP to replace it. The stock motor is good but I now realize that it too needs to be replaced as well to stay competitive although, I did have success racing the truck right out of the box. I'm considering buying the Tekin 4300 motor and would like to know if this would be a good replacement to run w/ the MMP? Anybody got this set-up with some knowledge to offer me some advice?
It doesn't have to be replaced to be competitive.

In the A-main of the inaugural race of a new track near me the track owner, running a SCTE with an RX-8 and a Pro4 4600, was beat by another driver running an out of the box stock SCTE 1.0 RTR with no changes other than going up 1 tooth on the pinion and mounting up a set of Holeshots. He was given that RTR SCTE by the owner the week before as partial payment for his work in building the driver stand for the new track. For the whole race, the track owner and the other driver were not more than about 10-20 feet apart. The RTR won by 0.6 seconds. The RTR also TQed.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #5801
Tech Master

Have not been racing lately but did get the chance yesterday,and to my disappointment had two dnf `s in one night.1st qual lost the rear drive shaft, it blew up and lost the bearing as well.2nd qual did ok, Main event, sittin 2nd on the grid get one lap in and the right front drive shaft blew I
Don't run indoor much but the Truck was hooked up and it felt great!!
Oh well, that`s why they call it Racing and not Fishing.....
Old 12-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #5802
Tech Adept

Quote:
How long do the pucks last? $6 for 8 doesn't seem bad unless you have to replace them every race day.
I'm changing them around 10-12 packs. The rear pucks last longer but the fronts wear out fairly quickly. I'm assuming it's because of the offset.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #5803
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofcool999 View Post
Why add weight instead of going to softer springs or softer inserts in the tires?
Our track is black top soil hard packed. When the top dries out its like driving on baby power at times. I have tried about every thing possible but even on a high bite night its like the kit is just to light. Adding the weight really made the kit feel more planted and a lot more consistent as well.. Its looking like no one has done this yet? I will post again once I mount a motor with more spunk. The 4600 is good but just a little soft on the bottom end. The softer insert wont help much on a hard pack. I'm have the best result so far with aka reds and rebar soft and super soft tires. The gridirons are working as well.

I'm heading over to the Tekin Hd thread. Any input on the 4300 vs the 4000 would be great. Our track is a medium size and just looking to get a motor with a strong bottom end snap. I have a 4300 HD to test with tues. But no 4000 HD to borrow on hand.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #5804
Tech Rookie

Currently building some diffs and while having difficulty getting some as smooth as I would like I have found a huge range on the gasket thicknesses supplied with my kit. I had varying sizes from .018" to .033". Is there a part #s for the various thicknesses?
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #5805
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
Currently building some diffs and while having difficulty getting some as smooth as I would like I have found a huge range on the gasket thicknesses supplied with my kit. I had varying sizes from .018" to .033". Is there a part #s for the various thicknesses?
I'm a guppy with this kit but I was told by one of the racers familiar with the kit that the thick ones are for the heavy duty diff. Not sure of the measurements.?