R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #5671
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,231
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rifraf Send a message via Skype™ to rifraf
Default

Upgrades really are not needed,however I did get a king heads duel bearing center diff mounts and the center drive pin holders/rubber boots. also the TLR front top steering plate.

Welcome to the REALLY FAST side of 4x4 SC racing............
rifraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #5672
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 370
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
Ok guys been running a tekno and just sold it ,and new 2.0 be in we'd. Any common spares or weak links, or upgrades to do right off
Get the tekno center drive shafts. The Losi ones snap the pin in the Cvd.
87MagnumII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #5673
Tech Initiate
 
muggy427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: taylor mi
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
Ok guys been running a tekno and just sold it ,and new 2.0 be in we'd. Any common spares or weak links, or upgrades to do right off
I would recommend the turnbuckles for the torque rods common break For me also drive pins
muggy427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #5674
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,231
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rifraf Send a message via Skype™ to rifraf
Default

Though i'd share a pic..
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-dscn0615.jpg  
rifraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #5675
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Just finished a new build. First time with an SC. 2.0. The build went real well. The only hick up is with the diff cases. The bearings almost had to be pressed on. I'm pretty sure when a bearing goes bad I will have to replace cases and bearings...?
__________________
A Special Thanks to Arno and Rigor for there support...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/664682-ae-factory-team-b44-2-thread.html
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb44/B44.2_BuildAdvice/
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #5676
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,231
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rifraf Send a message via Skype™ to rifraf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
Just finished a new build. First time with an SC. 2.0. The build went real well. The only hick up is with the diff cases. The bearings almost had to be pressed on. I'm pretty sure when a bearing goes bad I will have to replace cases and bearings...?
No sir..you can take a small flat blade screwdriver and work it around the bearing and it will slowly come off..
rifraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #5677
Tech Regular
 
urluzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 457
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
Ok guys been running a tekno and just sold it ,and new 2.0 be in we'd. Any common spares or weak links, or upgrades to do right off
MIP puck system and center gear IMO is a must. Super smooth drivetrain.
__________________
Team Associated~ Reedy~ Proline~ EZcustoms~ FDJ
urluzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #5678
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The MIP pucks drive lines are nice but added maintenance. You have to replace the pucks every other session with the car or that's what I have to do at least. The only parts I've had break was a ball cup kept pulling off a turnbuckle and the left rear drive shaft broke.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #5679
Tech Master
 
carbons2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)
Default

Does anyone know what the stock degree of caster is in the front? I was away this weekend and noticed that when I took caster out of my 4wd buggy (kyosho zx5) the car seemed to steer better. I went from 10* to 7& of caster... I was wondering if this concept would work with the SCTE as well. Any help?
__________________
Tom Licata
*JConcepts*Devil Spit*
carbons2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #5680
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbons2k View Post
Does anyone know what the stock degree of caster is in the front? I was away this weekend and noticed that when I took caster out of my 4wd buggy (kyosho zx5) the car seemed to steer better. I went from 10* to 7& of caster... I was wondering if this concept would work with the SCTE as well. Any help?
I believe stock caster is 10 degrees but not adjustable. Kick up is, and makes a noticeable difference in how much steering and where in the corner the steering is. I change it quite a lot depending on traction and track conditions.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #5681
Tech Master
 
carbons2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
I believe stock caster is 10 degrees but not adjustable. Kick up is, and makes a noticeable difference in how much steering and where in the corner the steering is. I change it quite a lot depending on traction and track conditions.
ok so If I wanted more steering, How would go about changing my kickup? Would I want more or less?
__________________
Tom Licata
*JConcepts*Devil Spit*
carbons2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #5682
Tech Fanatic
 
skrichter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter
Default

Any plans for TiCn shock shafts for the SCTE?
__________________
LiveRC.com | Dirt Heaven Hobby & Raceway
skrichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #5683
Tech Initiate
 
thebalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 23
Default Drive shafts

Hey Guys,

I'm going to upgrade my drive shafts and outdrives. Anyone used the new MIP Pucks Drive System? I was also looking at the Tekno RC M6 Driveshaft & Lightened Outdrive Set. What do you guys recommend? Thanks.
thebalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #5684
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbons2k View Post
ok so If I wanted more steering, How would go about changing my kickup? Would I want more or less?
Usually for more steering you want more kickup, but I've run into situations where I needed more initial steering and less kickup did it on a high bite track.

What setup are you running now?
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #5685
Tech Regular
 
urluzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 457
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalance View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm going to upgrade my drive shafts and outdrives. Anyone used the new MIP Pucks Drive System? I was also looking at the Tekno RC M6 Driveshaft & Lightened Outdrive Set. What do you guys recommend? Thanks.
I've been using the puck system for a bit now and love it! It's super smooth. The pucks do wear like anything else being part of the drivetrain but is well worth the performance. I know some that has stated excessive wear to pucks but honestly mine have been in for a awhile however I haven't been running big power like some do.
__________________
Team Associated~ Reedy~ Proline~ EZcustoms~ FDJ
urluzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net