Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gumleguf
Any suggestions for clever ways to securely install a Tekin RX8 and a receiver box in the SCTE 2.0?
As others have said, drill the chassis and countersink it.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sanny632
Not real sure I used servo tape for rx8 and no Rx box is that crazy
Originally Posted by braderb
Casper

Your link does not work for:
Rear Motor Setup for TLR 22 1.0

Im running on a small, tight, high bit clay track and looking for a setup

Thanks
I will fix it when I get home but here.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se..._OCRC20121224/

Raise the rear hub ball stud to 3mm (sheet says 2mm) If you need more rear traction try dropping the rear oil by 2.5wt and maybe try the LF yellow or white rear spring.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Show me another 10th scale race car that has a box for the receiver? No 2wd buggy, 2wd truck or 4wd buggy has one that I am aware of. Why they need to add the weight to the 4X4? (sure there are lots of electric 8th scales, and the SC10 4X4 but we will argue if that is a "race" truck or not! I only see receiver boxes important in nitro to protect from fuel but that is my opinion. Most of the time when you see a box it is carried over from a nitro car and this was the case with the 1.0. With the 2.0 they looked at taking a much weight out of the truck as reasonable and this was one place were they saved some weight and made a better attachment for the servo as the old box and mount were a little compliant. The new setup gives better servo input and saves weight with very little risk to the receiver. If water proofness is required spektrum makes some water proof receivers! I have seen a few people make some cheap lexan covers as well.

Yes a quality servo tape holds the RX8 in just fine. I like MIP servo tape or I have been using some 5lb 3M tape I got at home depot that is working just fine. I would recommend putting two layers on to extra protection on hard flat landings.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Show me another 10th scale race car that has a box for the receiver? No 2wd buggy, 2wd truck or 4wd buggy has one that I am aware of. Why they need to add the weight to the 4X4? (sure there are lots of electric 8th scales, and the SC10 4X4 but we will argue if that is a "race" truck or not! I only see receiver boxes important in nitro to protect from fuel but that is my opinion. Most of the time when you see a box it is carried over from a nitro car and this was the case with the 1.0. With the 2.0 they looked at taking a much weight out of the truck as reasonable and this was one place were they saved some weight and made a better attachment for the servo as the old box and mount were a little compliant. The new setup gives better servo input and saves weight with very little risk to the receiver. If water proofness is required spektrum makes some water proof receivers! I have seen a few people make some cheap lexan covers as well.

Yes a quality servo tape holds the RX8 in just fine. I like MIP servo tape or I have been using some 5lb 3M tape I got at home depot that is working just fine. I would recommend putting two layers on to extra protection on hard flat landings.

That's what I'm talking about... Hey Casper I was thinking about running the mip turnbuckles.... Just haven't been able to accept spending 80.00 on turnbuckles. I guess the reason I ask that this is a 1/10 vehicle and do you think they need the 1/8 turnbuckles.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Prophet

That's what I'm talking about... Hey Casper I was thinking about running the mip turnbuckles.... Just haven't been able to accept spending 80.00 on turnbuckles. I guess the reason I ask that this is a 1/10 vehicle and do you think they need the 1/8 turnbuckles.
It is just hardware that was carried over from the 10-T which was not really meant to become the SCTE but it did. You can run smaller steering links no problem. If you upgrade to titanium 8ight 2.0 turnbuckles the weight is not so bad. Only issue I have with the MIP stuff is it uses 4-40 hardware where the SCTE was designed around 5-40 hardware so not sure how they took up the slop in the hardware holes but maybe it is not that bad. with that being said I have broke and/or bent 4-40 tie rod but never even thought I could with the stock Ten tie rods. Overkill sure, piece of mind I will take knowing I never have to replace one and the minor weight penalty.

Last edited by Casper; 11-11-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
Someone has already posted about using the 8-E-3.0 RX box for the receiver.

For the ESC, I mounted a Tekno ESC tray to my chassis (drilled and countersunk the chassis) and then you can screw the RX-8 to the tray and put a plastic wire tie around it for additional insurance.
Your welcome. For the RX8, I made a little CF plate, Drilled and countersunk the chassis in a mirror effect of the servo mount. Added some Fuel tubing to give the plate a little flex and haven't had an issue yet

Ive personally seen FAR too many "Servo taped" RX8's come loose and start FLOPPING around, Tugging on wires and Messing up sensor wires. I DO NOT Suggest Servo tape or Kyosho Gel or anything that has the possibility of letting go during a race.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Ive personally seen FAR too many "Servo taped" RX8's come loose and start FLOPPING around, Tugging on wires and Messing up sensor wires. I DO NOT Suggest Servo tape or Kyosho Gel or anything that has the possibility of letting go during a race.
I shoo goo my ESC down in my SCTE. It's the only way to be sure - especially if you're running on 1/8 style tracks. Indoor 1/10 tracks usually won't have the jumps or tumbles big outdoor tracks will.

My Activ8 has been shoe goo'd down since the truck came out feb/mar and I haven't had any issues. Definitely the way to go.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I shoo goo my ESC down in my SCTE. It's the only way to be sure - especially if you're running on 1/8 style tracks. Indoor 1/10 tracks usually won't have the jumps or tumbles big outdoor tracks will.

My Activ8 has been shoe goo'd down since the truck came out feb/mar and I haven't had any issues. Definitely the way to go.
Shoe goo is great stuff but dries quite hard. It does have the benefit of sticking well can coming off fairly easy. If you have clean dry surfaces servo tape should work well. A quite wipe with some alcohol on both surfaces and servo tape should work great. I have had my cars go over many a VERY large jump and servo tape works great.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-1-...5#.UoEI-_m9lik

It all comes down generally to proper surface prep. (aka clean!)
Old 11-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

And preventive maintenance. A lot of guys don't check their car before it hits the track. Loose servo tape, shock screws, wheel nuts etc.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Good servo tape and a clean surface go a long way. Personally I scrub the area I'm going to use servo tape on with a clean paper towel and plenty of alcohol.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Shoe goo is great stuff but dries quite hard. It does have the benefit of sticking well can coming off fairly easy. If you have clean dry surfaces servo tape should work well. A quite wipe with some alcohol on both surfaces and servo tape should work great. I have had my cars go over many a VERY large jump and servo tape works great.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-1-...5#.UoEI-_m9lik

It all comes down generally to proper surface prep. (aka clean!)
Also there is something called Zap Goo that I get at my local hobby store. I servo tape the esc and the use the Zap goo around it. It dries hard but when you go to peel it it comes off very easy and clean.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...FU8V7AodJBkAJw
Old 11-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by egobrkr
Also there is something called Zap Goo that I get at my local hobby store. I servo tape the esc and the use the Zap goo around it. It dries hard but when you go to peel it it comes off very easy and clean.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...FU8V7AodJBkAJw
Yeah I have seen that stuff. It is the same as shoe goo from what I have seen.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I've also heard of guys using rtv. Don't know how well it would stick but does give some cushion compared to most methods.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i see on the team driver set up sheets they are using #3 and #4 shock pistons, ive looked around and cant find these or any info on them, does anyone know what part number these are or any info on them, like hole size for each and are they machined ECT. does anyone have a good piston chart with what pistons are what? like what is a #55 vs # 54 piston. ive seen the piston kit listed on horizon, but it dosent say what they are.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

LOSB2909
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB2909
The link shows you the hole sizes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.