R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #5551
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanny632 View Post
Omg almost pooped my pants at the previous post I just sent one of these to paint. Thanks for saving the day lol. I was wondering about the strength thanks

Any pics of one mounted? What holes r u guys using for flow?
In the back of the front hood scoop, just put a few holes with a body reamer (do NOT cut it out as this GREATLY compromises the body's integrity). On the back, I cut out the top two vents only (the lower vent is too close to the mounting holes and could compromise the integrity of this area).

I also put a bit of shoo goo around the mounting holes to spread out the surface area (just a relatively thin layer spread out to about the size of a half-dollar). This GREATLY increases the durability of the body. I also put some duct tape inside the body in certain areas to protect the paint (like on the sides next to where the nerf bars are, and maybe above where the front wheels may potentially rub).

I have no issues whatsover with tears or breakage. This is the most durable body I've run and I have had 10 bodies thus far this year (the others simply didn't last).
Old 10-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #5552
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironzgti35 View Post
I run that JC body with great success. I used the rear body holes on the template but the front was a little off. Cut out 1 set then test the other to make sure it lines up.
I run the TLR Hi-Flow Bodies (TLR8061 with holes & TLR8060 without holes). I just put Shoe Goo around the body post holes and heat shield tape on the sides like I do on my nitro cars and the bodies last quite a while!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #5553
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITROALM View Post
Thank you Casper for your very nice words.. Its always a Premium coming from Team Losi++

Team BCE Brian Henns Losi 2.0 Southern Nats TQ/ 1st place winner

Haha Bill, The 2nd pic of the body off is not mine! LOL Thanks for the props though.

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #5554
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Posted a new in box kit in the for sale forum. Will save you a few bucks on a NIB kit and help me pay an unexpected expense. PM me for details.
jhhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #5555
Tech Addict

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
Haha Bill, The 2nd pic of the body off is not mine! LOL Thanks for the props though.
Hey Brian I dont know what happened ? Thought I had the Pics in order

Go ahead and send over your latest ones, for our file
we are going to get the new site pics up, and I want
to make sure I have all of yours ..(correct ones)

Thank you Great Job Anyway...

Last edited by NITROALM; 10-29-2013 at 09:51 PM.
NITROALM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #5556
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Another thing that would be nice is if the body mounts gave the option of using the body clips front to back instead of side to side. I use the dubro clip tethers and they don't fit very good in the front because of the cowl on the hood. If the posts could be turned 90* life would be much easier
87MagnumII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #5557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MagnumII View Post
Another thing that would be nice is if the body mounts gave the option of using the body clips front to back instead of side to side. I use the dubro clip tethers and they don't fit very good in the front because of the cowl on the hood. If the posts could be turned 90* life would be much easier
Bend your body clips...
Old 10-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #5558
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to zuki250

Hey guys i have a few questions...just got my truck...it came with 2 sets of wheels/tires...i think the tires are 1.71 or something like that...i have wheels/tires from my sc10 and the with is 1.80 i think...is it ok to use the wider ones..or will it effect the handling of the truck? Also i need to wire my motor....is 10 gauge overkill...it's what i have here....i can grab some 12 gauge if i really need to...

Thanks
zuki250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #5559
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuki250 View Post
Hey guys i have a few questions...just got my truck...it came with 2 sets of wheels/tires...i think the tires are 1.71 or something like that...i have wheels/tires from my sc10 and the with is 1.80 i think...is it ok to use the wider ones..or will it effect the handling of the truck? Also i need to wire my motor....is 10 gauge overkill...it's what i have here....i can grab some 12 gauge if i really need to...

Thanks
The tyres should be standard short course tyres, with slight variations in width which is fine. It will be the offset of the wheels that make the difference to the overall width of the car. If you are racing, then you will need to fit within the box that is used for scrutineering, so you'd better use the SCTE specific wheels. Otherwise if just for bashing then the wider track can give you more stability (but the downside is that if you want to use the setup sheets then it won't be exactly the same result). The SC10 wheels will make your truck have a wider track.

10G wire is fine - there's nothing wrong with overkill.
Airtronics/Sanwa MT-4 | Flysky GT3B - Custom firmware
eddomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #5560
Tech Apprentice

Anyone know what's up with the MIP bypass kit for the SCTE? It's gone from A Main and out of stock on RC Planet. Are they dropping it or just that popular and out of inventory?
ctuinstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #5561
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rifraf Send a message via Skype™ to rifraf

Hello peeps..I got out of 4x4 SC a year or so ago. I missed it so much I just completed my build on another SCTE 2.0.thought i'd share a pic.. I cannot remember some improved upgrades I used before if you would help me out..I do remember King Heads F/R center diff mounts, but that's all I remember..LOL

Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-dscn0615.jpg  
rifraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #5562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
Hello peeps..I got out of 4x4 SC a year or so ago. I missed it so much I just completed my build on another SCTE 2.0.thought i'd share a pic.. I cannot remember some improved upgrades I used before if you would help me out..I do remember King Heads F/R center diff mounts, but that's all I remember..LOL

Looks good. Welcome back. KH mount helped on the v1 truck, but the new diff housings are better so you don't really need them. The truck has all the hop ups already, so maybe option springs and run it.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #5563
Tech Rookie

Cool Thanks!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #5564
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hay guys I'm selling my Losi scte 2.0 with a Tekin RX8 and Tekin Pro4 4600. I am going to post it in the For Sale section but just wanted to let you all know. Going to start racing Nitro and can't afford to run three classes. If interest or want more details just PM me.
Thanks
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #5565
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rifraf Send a message via Skype™ to rifraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Looks good. Welcome back. KH mount helped on the v1 truck, but the new diff housings are better so you don't really need them. The truck has all the hop ups already, so maybe option springs and run it.

Thanks.. first time out with my SCTE 2.0 was a A-main win...
and the Tek__ were just in my DUST...
rifraf is offline   Reply With Quote