Like Tree4Likes

Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #5356
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderb View Post
SCTE 2.0 on carpet

I'm learning carpet.

I had lots of roll issues when I started. Almost needed training wheels!

So far, shocks all in on towers, all out on arms. 30F/27.5R oil. Black front, silver rear. Still rolled.

Then I focused on sway bar. I'm at 2.4 front. Still not tight enough. Once I went 2.0 back it felt really good.

Diffs are 5/15/3. Might try 7 in the front.

Droop is critical. Work on this all by itself. Test, adjust and test some more. Really amazing its effects and often overlooked. I tried all in to all out. For me, I went all in and then turned them back 3 threads. Just spending time on this allowed speed into turns without rolling (after the above was done).

Curious what other people think of this or what else I could try that works for you
I think your diffs are too high for carpet. I ran my 2.0 on carpet and had the same issues you described. Depending on the track, when our layout didn't have corners that were high speed, I took off the sway bars and the truck handled great. The layout changed and a couple fast 's' sections forced me to put them back on. For diffs, I ran 5-7-3 without complaints. Also, 4wd likes to roll in a turn if your off power. On carpet it took a little practice to make sure your on the power a little so it doesn't hook and flip
ironzgti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #5357
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofcool999 View Post
Suspension articulates freely and the shocks are limiting down travel.

I don't use drag brake. Keeping throttle on during flight didn't seem to do much. I did try adjusting ride height, but I think I was sprung too lightly.
I would have tried a stiffer front spring, but I left them at home...
This was one of the most frustrating things I have dealt with with a sc truck. Our track layout had a double that you hit going full throttle , and close to top speed. This was the only time my truck really jumped nose down. I spent days trying everything I could think of . Handed the truck to a local "winner" , and he spent two packs working on it . Never got it to fly good over that double. I was using a 4000 kv tekin. Went to a higher kv motor and never had a problem again. I couldnt make enough power , at that speed ,to correct the flight of the truck.

If the track is not well maintained , and you are not the only person having issues , it could be the face of the jump itself. Especially if the track runs 1/8 buggies and they are digging up the faces of the jumps with their noses.

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #5358
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I freed up the suspension on a buddy's 2.0 over the weekend. The rear outter camber link was binding on the hub carrier. A little trim with a xacto and it was free again. It was causing the rear to break loose. After the trim all was better.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #5359
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofcool999 View Post
Battery - Mid Position
Shock Oil - 30wt
Shock Pistons - MIP #7 bypass w/white valve (compression softer than rebound)
Springs - Kit
Ride height - approx 3/4-1"
My suggestion is to go back to the stock pistons and oil. I tried the MIP pistons and for me they didn't have nearly enough pack unless I raised my shock oil to 50wt or more. And get a ride height Gage and set your ride height to 27mm f/r. There is a big difference between 3/4" and 1". Even at 1" you are at the low end of ride height typically run on high bite tracks. Between the low ride height and not enough pack you are probably slapping the rear of the chassis on the jump face and it's kicking your truck nose down.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #5360
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyname View Post
This was one of the most frustrating things I have dealt with with a sc truck. Our track layout had a double that you hit going full throttle , and close to top speed. This was the only time my truck really jumped nose down. I spent days trying everything I could think of . Handed the truck to a local "winner" , and he spent two packs working on it . Never got it to fly good over that double. I was using a 4000 kv tekin. Went to a higher kv motor and never had a problem again. I couldnt make enough power , at that speed ,to correct the flight of the truck.

If the track is not well maintained , and you are not the only person having issues , it could be the face of the jump itself. Especially if the track runs 1/8 buggies and they are digging up the faces of the jumps with their noses.
It was a high speed double causing my problems too. The Tekno trucks were clearing it fine.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #5361
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
My suggestion is to go back to the stock pistons and oil. I tried the MIP pistons and for me they didn't have nearly enough pack unless I raised my shock oil to 50wt or more. And get a ride height Gage and set your ride height to 27mm f/r. There is a big difference between 3/4" and 1". Even at 1" you are at the low end of ride height typically run on high bite tracks. Between the low ride height and not enough pack you are probably slapping the rear of the chassis on the jump face and it's kicking your truck nose down.
Unfortunately, I don't know exactly where my ride height was. Probably closer to the 3/4" mark. The more I think about it, the more I think I needed more pack or stiffer front springs. Chassis slap... Didn't really find any physical evidence of that. Track was smooth.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #5362
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just got done putting a completely new setup on my truck. We have been racing at the new track in our town recntly(small and tight, track is 64x40) and a couple of my buddies have been handing it to me lately with mip converted 1.0 trucks and teknos. Fast guys are turning 15 to 16 second laps. I'm rolling in the low 17's. I've been struggling in some of the tight corners where they seem to have plenty of steering I end up against the pipe. Truck was stock build with short camber links on all four corners. This time I changed the diffs to a 3-3-1 setup, shortened the wheel base, and increased the front kick up. Just need to try something new and was curious if you guys have any idea how it will "theoretically" handle now.

Forgot to mention that I also tightened the servo saver all the way up
87MagnumII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #5363
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MagnumII View Post
Just got done putting a completely new setup on my truck. We have been racing at the new track in our town recntly(small and tight, track is 64x40) and a couple of my buddies have been handing it to me lately with mip converted 1.0 trucks and teknos. Fast guys are turning 15 to 16 second laps. I'm rolling in the low 17's. I've been struggling in some of the tight corners where they seem to have plenty of steering I end up against the pipe. Truck was stock build with short camber links on all four corners. This time I changed the diffs to a 3-3-1 setup, shortened the wheel base, and increased the front kick up. Just need to try something new and was curious if you guys have any idea how it will "theoretically" handle now.

It will have more off power steering but might have a push on power. Might try a smaller front sway bar or taking it off completely. As a last resort try the short Ackerman link. It will make the truck turn very aggressively.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #5364
Tech Elite

Double post

Last edited by rcgod; 10-08-2013 at 08:15 AM.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #5365
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
... increased the front kick up. Just need to try something new and was curious if you guys have any idea how it will "theoretically" handle now.
Pretty sure you want less kickup for more steering. Definetly want the short ackerman for indoor. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Hardware-Ten-T
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #5366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

The servo saver being all the way tight and threadlocked is a huge change and an important one. The latest setup on Casper-rc.com is very good that we have for having plenty of steering. I always get told how much steering my truck has
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #5367
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rifraf Send a message via Skype™ to rifraf

Casper,could you give me a link on the current set up you are using on the losi scte 2.0?

Thanks,
rifraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #5368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
Casper,could you give me a link on the current set up you are using on the losi scte 2.0?

Thanks,
http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_..._13_reduce.pdf
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #5369
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

TQ and Win in Pro4 at the Southern Nationals...
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-pro4-sc-southern-nats.jpg  

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #5370
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Congrats!
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote