R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #5326
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Some guys have done it. It throws off chassis balance a little. Also for me personally I take out in the realm of 3300mah in a typical club race. You are getting close to many shortie pack ratings. For longer mains you are putting a lot of strain on the battery as it gets down toward the end with the high amp draw we have it could cause some damage but if you have a good battery it should be able to handle it.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #5327
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderb View Post
Anyone try RCSHOX

V2 losi SC 2 stage shock pistons, 4 pistons and 4 washers?

For 2.0?
I haven't tried the RCSHOX, but I have tried the RPM dual stage pistons (on SC10), but I am currently experimenting with the MIP Bypass pistons on my 2.0. Bottom line is they can be made to work and work well, but it takes a lot of testing to find the best setup for your track/driving style/etc.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #5328

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the MIP pucks front/rear drive shafts? My front drive shaft is showing some significant wear and needs to be replaced. Love the concept but an aluminum driveshaft and $75 makes me a bit nervous.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:01 AM   #5329
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

One of my local MIP sponsored racers had them on. It looks nice, i guess you have to change the pucks every 6 races.
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #5330
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
Has anyone tried the MIP pucks front/rear drive shafts? My front drive shaft is showing some significant wear and needs to be replaced. Love the concept but an aluminum driveshaft and $75 makes me a bit nervous.
YES, I was privledged with testing these and with no dust boots racing twice a week in sand and very fine top soil dusty conditions (also some HI bite indoor clay) they held up extremely well. They help make the truck accelerate at a visually noticeable difference and the feel in the air is much more responsive.
By flipping the puck to the other side (lift center diff an spin puck 180*) you can easily double the life of the pucks.

They remove 23 grams of weight off the drivetrain.

Don't forget the SUPER DIFF KIT as it is every SCTE owners dream by increasing the service interval and reliability of yer diffs
MIP http://miponline.com/store/index.html
AKA http://www.raceaka.com
CRCDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #5331
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I understand the rotating mass of steel vs aluminum drive shafts. I don't know how much of a difference it will make though. I don't understand the mip super diff kit, how does it last 5 times longer?
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #5332
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobed409 View Post
I understand the rotating mass of steel vs aluminum drive shafts. I don't know how much of a difference it will make though. I don't understand the mip super diff kit, how does it last 5 times longer?

Marketing buddy. some will fall for it, Some wont.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #5333
Tech Rookie

Hi i would like to know if i can buy those pin alone without hex.

Losb3493 come with hex screw and pin.

thx
neo456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #5334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo456 View Post
Hi i would like to know if i can buy those pin alone without hex.

Losb3493 come with hex screw and pin.

thx
Losb3495
Old 10-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #5335
Tech Regular

Default Roll Center

Scratching my head...

Looking at the two tuning guides (JQproducts and HUDY). I found a discrepancy in description roll center adjustment, which makes me question which guide to rely on.

In HUDY: Front - Lower hole on shock tower - decreases steering into corner
In JQ: Front - Lowering the front link on the tower will increase steering into the corner.

Not sure what to make of it. What is the correct answer; which is the more accurate setup guide?

Thanks.
rcus3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #5336
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcus3r View Post
Scratching my head...

Looking at the two tuning guides (JQproducts and HUDY). I found a discrepancy in description roll center adjustment, which makes me question which guide to rely on.

In HUDY: Front - Lower hole on shock tower - decreases steering into corner
In JQ: Front - Lowering the front link on the tower will increase steering into the corner.

Not sure what to make of it. What is the correct answer; which is the more accurate setup guide?

Thanks.
Every car reacts different to some changes. There is a guide for this truck specifically on the TLracing site. But even then, depending on the track conditions and other things you have going on with your truck, it is something you may have to try for yourself.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...uning_Tips.pdf
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #5337

I'm going to dare an opinion on the roll center adjustment: Hudy is wrong and JQ is right. Lowering the inside mounting point in the front will raise the roll center and increase roll resistance. The outside front tire will load up quicker and give you more traction at the start of the turn. As the turn continues, the chassis will not be allowed to roll as far over and transfer as much weight onto that outside tire. With a higher mounted inside link, the roll center is lowered and the chassis is allowed to roll further. Overall it will allow more weight to transfer over to the outside tire but it might take more time to do it. In addition, the spring then has a much bigger impact on how much force is actually applied to the outside tire that way as well. If you are running too soft a spring it can bottom out the suspension completely. So long story short, Hacker is still right. If you go from one setting to another but don't have the right spring/weight balance to support the change it might not do what you think it should. As a rule though, JQ is right. Their guide is the most accurate I have found to this point, although I haven't used the Losi one much yet.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #5338

Oh nice, the Losi guide mentions the camber gain as well. Link length and link mounting height both affect the roll center and for that matter both impact camber gain.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #5339
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Gens Ace 5300mah x 30C?

Hi,

I am about to receive some GensAce 5300mah 30C's, and was wondering if the C rating might be a bit low for SCTE with my combo of HW3656SD 4000KV. Anyone got any experience with these particular packs? Would they be OK with the SCTE RTR motor (mate's truck).

Thanks!
Airtronics/Sanwa MT-4 | Flysky GT3B - Custom firmware
eddomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #5340
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddomak View Post
Hi,

I am about to receive some GensAce 5300mah 30C's, and was wondering if the C rating might be a bit low for SCTE with my combo of HW3656SD 4000KV. Anyone got any experience with these particular packs? Would they be OK with the SCTE RTR motor (mate's truck).

Thanks!
They will work. However you would be much happier with something with a higher C rating. Give the SMC 6500mah 70C batteries a try. They cost $45 and are a great battery at a great price!!!
ctuinstra is offline   Reply With Quote