Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
It sounds like his truck is pushing. Too much rear traction and too little up front.
That is how I would describe it, pushing, when I expect it to turn really fast.
Pushing down on it while turning the wheels, digs dirt up.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcgod
Maybe the servo saver is loose. Also servos can turn fine when in the air but under a load they may bog down. Try sitting the truck on carpet or slightly pushing down on the chassis and turning the wheels and see if they move quickly. Are you running the stock setup?
I checked that and it is not loose. They do move quickly if I put the truck on the ground. I am running the ryan dunford 5/22 setup
Old 09-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Frank L
Is this a new issue or has it been there since a setup change?
This has been there a while, I think it is more obvious now, as I am driving the truck faster and faster.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BiggieFries
Have you tried driving Eric's truck yet? I didn't like it at all. Seems like he is just driving it much harder, which is also why he crashes faster too hahaha.
I haven't, I think I need to drive his truck and see. It could be all in my head, but his truck appears to turn VERY fast.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob4448585
This has been there a while, I think it is more obvious now, as I am driving the truck faster and faster.
I'm not sure what setup you have but here's what I would try and not in any order. Try them one at a time they will all add more steering but may have a negative effect that is not wanted.
  • Softer front spring and or swaybar
  • Stiffer rear spring and or swaybar
  • Short Ackerman plate
  • Shorter front link and or move it down on the tower
  • Shorter rear link
  • Move the rear hubs more towards the front
  • Move the battery all the way forward
  • Lower the front ride height 1-2mm
Old 09-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default HELP with carpet setup SCTE 2.0

Tried carpet yesterday. Unless I really slowed down into turns, it rolled. At times my steering was wide and easy to pass(I since locked servo saver and installed 2.0 sway bar).

My Durango friend was killing me. It pissed me off and he knew it.

If possible, can anyone post their setup sheet that works for carpet.

Really appreciate,

Brad
Old 09-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by braderb
Tried carpet yesterday. Unless I really slowed down into turns, it rolled. At times my steering was wide and easy to pass(I since locked servo saver and installed 2.0 sway bar).

Really appreciate,

Brad
I don't race my SCTE on carpet, but here droop is your friend.

I remember having the same sort of issues when I first got into racing TC on carpet. The track owner came over, adjusted my droop setting and my car was money all of a sudden.

Lower your ride height, limit your droop, and do all your braking BEFORE you enter the turn. If your on power at any point of the turn with that much traction, you will push like crazy. Stay off power until your head starts to point in the direction you want and then roll on the throttle instead of stabbing it. Carpet has so much traction that all your weight will shift aft and your front wheels will lose much of its ability to turn the car. If you set up your car loose in the rear, you will be able to slide the rear around (oversteer) with your throttle. Really you will just have to play with your camber links (length) and adjust your roll center (high or low) until you find a setup that fits your driving style.

Have fun!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob4448585
Let me reiterate,

The wheels turn freely, exceptionally fast, but the truck doesn't turn fast? if that makes sense?

I turn the wheel, it turns, but I am waiting for the truck to actually turn? like the truck is understeering?
What is your setup? Most specifically what diff fluids are you running?
Old 09-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JK47
I don't race my SCTE on carpet, but here droop is your friend.

I remember having the same sort of issues when I first got into racing TC on carpet. The track owner came over, adjusted my droop setting and my car was money all of a sudden.

Lower your ride height, limit your droop, and do all your braking BEFORE you enter the turn. If your on power at any point of the turn with that much traction, you will push like crazy. Stay off power until your head starts to point in the direction you want and then roll on the throttle instead of stabbing it. Carpet has so much traction that all your weight will shift aft and your front wheels will lose much of its ability to turn the car. If you set up your car loose in the rear, you will be able to slide the rear around (oversteer) with your throttle. Really you will just have to play with your camber links (length) and adjust your roll center (high or low) until you find a setup that fits your driving style.

Have fun!
Quickest fix before changing too much of your car. Dial out a lot of steering on your radio.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default carpet setup

My first attempt at carpet
shock position is 1-outside front and rear
height=18
front camber=1
rear camber=2b
diffs
f=5
c=10
r=3
shocks oil
f=35
r=25
springs
f=purple
r=front silver

might try
black front, silver rear springs
heavier shock oil?
front dif 7?

Any suggestions?
Old 09-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braderb

Really appreciate,

Brad
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...tro_Carpet.pdf
Old 09-22-2013, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does any one have any input on the bce chassis for the 2.0 ?
Old 09-22-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I only had a couple races on my SCTE 2.0 when I put the BCE 2.0 chassis on it but for me it made a big difference in the way the truck handles. Not to mention if you race outdoors that the stock chassis dents very easy and is cheaply made. I do recommend using the short rear brace from the SCTE 1.0 over using the 2.0 rod.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Question I know this is not a scte ? But I don't see a thread for it. The ? is do the watts on a charger decrease the time it takes to charge a lipo want a new charger but trying to find one that doesn't take an hour to charge my maxamps 6500mah I was always under the impression to only charge at 1 amp per 1000mah is this correct I see 10 and 12 amp chargers and 1000watt charges can some one explain was looking at hitec 2x 200 or hypertron duo 180x2
Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RiceP
Question I know this is not a scte ? But I don't see a thread for it. The ? is do the watts on a charger decrease the time it takes to charge a lipo want a new charger but trying to find one that doesn't take an hour to charge my maxamps 6500mah I was always under the impression to only charge at 1 amp per 1000mah is this correct I see 10 and 12 amp chargers and 1000watt charges can some one explain was looking at hitec 2x 200 or hypertron duo 180x2
You should post this question in the radio/electronics section. And sorry, I'm going to be an ass here... Use some punctuation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.