R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 08-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #5086
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I don't think there's a difference in the balls and ends. The ends are the same and the balls are the same as have been available from the 1.0

Edit - I meant the upgrade hard ano balls are the same

No?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I may be wrong as well but I don't believe the plastics were ever changed on the Ten series.
It is possible he got a set of the Losi 8 2.0 rod ends. They fit the same size tie rods and balls as the SCTE rod ends but are much looser on the balls. This is the difference between the old and new rod ends:

There was a running change and the old ones are no longer available under the LOSA6046 part number. The SCTE specific ones look like the old LOSA6046 but I don't know if they fit as tightly on the balls. Once I found out about the running change I bought as many of the old LOSA6046 as I could find.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #5087
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yes, all of the play in Tyler's new 2.0 is in the balls and links. The ackerman is actually very nice on fitment.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #5088
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey Randy, I switched to the MIP dubro setup and it takes care of all that ball end slop.
MBX7R. RC8B3
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #5089
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Hey Randy, I switched to the MIP dubro setup and it takes care of all that ball end slop.
I'll look into that!!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #5090
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyJones View Post
Yes, all of the play in Tyler's new 2.0 is in the balls and links. The ackerman is actually very nice on fitment.
We should hope and pray that Losi doesn't make (or hasn't already made) the same running change to the SCTE rod ends as they did to the Losi 8ight 4MM rod ends. Or we will all be stuck using the Dubro approach.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #5091
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
We should hope and pray that Losi doesn't make (or hasn't already made) the same running change to the SCTE rod ends as they did to the Losi 8ight 4MM rod ends. Or we will all be stuck using the Dubro approach.
Just looked and Tyler's has the old style as pictured above. May go the MIP route then. It's just too much play for even me with it being brand new. Tyler's nitro 3.0 has a ton of gallons thru it and is not that loose. I agree loose is fast but, there is too much toe change with the links for me.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #5092
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey guys, are Proline 2.0 inserts designed to only go in one direction? I have a couple tires that look wierd and wonder if I may have put the insert in wrong being in a hurry.
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #5093
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey Randy, Randy Cathcart runs them and says they last 2 to 3 times longer then the losi ball cups. The only down side is the ball uses a 4-40 screw but the hole can be drilled out to a 5-40. That is what Randy did. Give me a call and I will fill you in on it.
MBX7R. RC8B3
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #5094
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygun1 View Post
Hey guys, are Proline 2.0 inserts designed to only go in one direction? I have a couple tires that look wierd and wonder if I may have put the insert in wrong being in a hurry.

Yes Most of the SC foams now a days have 2 different lips, One side for the buggy side wall and One side for the SC side wall.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #5095
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
It's funny you bring that up. I was just changing the rodends on my truck just now. I used the old balls and just replaced the plastic (#LOSB4023 I think) and there is twice as much slop in it now than there was with the old ones.
Casper or Ryan, what part number do I need? These will not work. The ones that came with the truck were a lot better when first assembled. The balls are not bad because some are still ok in the old plastic rodends.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
I totally understand but the old hard anodized balls fit tighter in the old plastic rod ends then the new plastic rodends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
It is possible he got a set of the Losi 8 2.0 rod ends. They fit the same size tie rods and balls as the SCTE rod ends but are much looser on the balls. This is the difference between the old and new rod ends:

There was a running change and the old ones are no longer available under the LOSA6046 part number. The SCTE specific ones look like the old LOSA6046 but I don't know if they fit as tightly on the balls. Once I found out about the running change I bought as many of the old LOSA6046 as I could find.
Everyone, we have a TON of stock of the correct part number which is LOSB4023. They have not changed at all. LOSB2187 is the part for the hard anodized balls that come with the 2.0.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #5096
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Everyone, we have a TON of stock of the correct part number which is LOSB4023. They have not changed at all. LOSB2187 is the part for the hard anodized balls that come with the 2.0.

Oh they changed, Maybe not on the Ball diameter, but years back when they were changed I found the New "updated" ends to be the worst of all in regards to the dreaded "Camber changing/Stripping rod end issue"

I cant off the top of my head remember the exact #'s, But the new ends were a Fraction larger in diameter resulting in less "bite" on the turnbuckle threads resulting is the problem getting worse.

Quite a few other Mfg's turnbuckle's are VERY tight when new and can sometimes be a pain to adjust at first but when you assemble a new Losi setup they aren't exactly tight by any means.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #5097
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We have been running this setup at OCRC and WC.

http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_..._13_reduce.pdf
Are you using the silver springs because of the heavier motor?
bladeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #5098
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Exclamation He runs a 4600 it's light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeys View Post
He runs a 4600 its light compared to the HD. Think its to get the weight foward when off gass to help with steering. ( Silver )

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #5099
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeys View Post
I am running the Pro-4 and Dunford is running the Pro-4HD. We are both on silver springs. Only real difference in our cars is battery location due to him running the longer motor.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #5100
Tech Apprentice

Where is everyone mounting their MyLaps? I've seen the carbon fiber mounts that are used in place of the center diff tops, but I already have a carbon fiber motor fan mount there. I'd like to mount it in the front, but don't want to rig it up by drilling a bunch of holes or just gluing it there.
ctuinstra is offline   Reply With Quote