R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 08-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #4801
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakenballs View Post
The shock shafts are 2 full days old which are newly rebuilt by billy & running indoors. So if your saying billy cant build shocks right then I'm lost here. The o-ring is the tlr low friction gray o-ring! Will be posting pics of shocks just to show! I don't use the boots but cant see this being the problem here......
If you don't use the stock parts then any problems you may have are up to you to solve. I know that sounds kind of harsh but the reality is the stock parts work and don't leak. As Ryan pointed out the 22 o-rings are not designed to work with the SCTE shock. Just because they have the same shaft diam does not mean the rest of the stack and o-ring compression are the same. I also in no way ever stated Billy or any of those other guys you listed don't know how to build a shock but if you are going to use other o-rings to try and free up your shocks from what little sticktion the stock o-rings have then leaking is a possiblity. That is a tradeoff you need to make. I for one love that my stock shocks don't leak at all and can live with what ever slight extra fiction may exist.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #4802
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I have been using these TLR SCTE 2.0 shocks for a while now on some of my other kit and I can assure you they are some of the best in the biz and never leaked. They may even out perform the 13mm Team Associated shocks that I use as well. However it is imperative that we follow the correct build steps using the suggested parts.
Sivaaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #4803
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Do they make a tool to screw in the plastic part that goes on the end of the shock body?
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #4804
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygun1 View Post
Do they make a tool to screw in the plastic part that goes on the end of the shock body?
No but if they are not going on easily then you need to contact Horizon CS and get replacements! The inital shipment had bad lower caps.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #4805
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Oh.....cool thanks. That was the only issue I had building the kit so it's nice to know they fixed it. I'll just get some from the lhs sometime.
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #4806
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Oh.....cool thanks. That was the only issue I had building the kit so it's nice to know they fixed it. I'll just get some from the lhs sometime.
The ones you buy may have the same issue if they have had their stock on the wall for a bit. Go ahead and call and use the callback function, they should get back to you quickly and get you set up.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #4807
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The ones you buy may have the same issue if they have had their stock on the wall for a bit. Go ahead and call and use the callback function, they should get back to you quickly and get you set up.
Thx for your time on this Ryan & Casper. I found that the o-ring I used was the wrong one in my 2nd pair of shocks & I do understand why the team guys are using the low fricton. So Ive gotten the right o-ring now & will be rebuilding them for use this weekend.
Kakenballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #4808
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Sway Bars

Why are the sway bars not right for this SC? I'm not the only one who have this issue either.

Putting Tyler's new 2.0 together and front sway doesn't go all the way into the links like they are supposed to. The bends are too narrow and rub the edges of the diff housing. The two mounts that bolt on actually bind the bar up too with the set screw out. Not sure if rear is same. I just got truck and started the build and run across this issue with the front bar. Everything else is good so far and really like the plastic quality.

TIA
Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #4809
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyJones View Post
Why are the sway bars not right for this SC? I'm not the only one who have this issue either.

Putting Tyler's new 2.0 together and front sway doesn't go all the way into the links like they are supposed to. The bends are too narrow and rub the edges of the diff housing. The two mounts that bolt on actually bind the bar up too with the set screw out. Not sure if rear is same. I just got truck and started the build and run across this issue with the front bar. Everything else is good so far and really like the plastic quality.

TIA
Silly question maybe, but any chance you have the front and rear bar switched?
kazuaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #4810
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hay Randy,
I asked about this also a while ago. The bar does not go all the way through the rod end. Set the truck at ride height like normal the make the link that connects the arm to the bar straight up and down. That's it. Front and rear are the same.

Tyler said you guys were going to get one. I talked to him at AMS. I was with all the JCP guys. Can't wait to see him wheel that thing. If you have any other questions just PM me or Tyler is friends with me on facebook. I've been on the thread since it started so I'm up to date on the changes and setup info on this truck.
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #4811
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ticn?

are the ticn shock shafts and hinge pins that are now standard material on the 3.0 and 22 2.0 going to be available for the scte 2.0?
ben1692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #4812
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket3 View Post
ok. took pic for u tonight.

That feels the best for me and i have tried everything on this trk.
Okay, where the heck did you get that ultra slick boot! That thing it very cool! No better way to keep out the dirt!
ctuinstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #4813
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Yes, mine came with the kit. It's one of the two black tools that came with the kit. It wasn't obvious at first, but there is a molded wrench in the tool.
ctuinstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #4814
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Truck is done except mounting ESC!! Only issue was front sway bar. Everything else went good!!

Nope, sway bars weren't switched. Rear fit awesome!

Purdue,
I figured that's what I would do with it.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #4815
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuinstra View Post
Yes, mine came with the kit. It's one of the two black tools that came with the kit. It wasn't obvious at first, but there is a molded wrench in the tool.

That tool is for the Shock Body.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote