R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #466
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston TX (formally Sou CA)
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Been mentioned a few times but some folks cant read ++++Receiver box????
Use a balloon and cover it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or use a condem, maybe magnums?
__________________
"Tinkering with Toy Cars that go around in circles"
OCRC | Club R/C | Mike's Gulf Coast | Kyosho RB6 ZX6 MP9E
Kuya_Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #467
Tech Apprentice
 
Conti027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Been mentioned a few times but some folks cant read ++++Receiver box????
Use a balloon and cover it!!!!!!!!!!!!Simple, cheap and people been doing it for years...And some folks still complaining about what was and what was not included on the 2.0, and acting like they are soo Pissed Look Ryan does not own TLR and some heavy pocketed big wigs who know nothing about lap times has to give the thumbs up before any of this happened.I am quite stoked that this truck is available at all,much less the ver -1 when it showed up.
If You Have a spare Million laying around go build and market Your truck and we will see How many times it hits the podium If You don't like the 2.0 nobody here really caresThe fact that a small company put out a truck of comparable quality(some may say better) Is a huge accomplishment and I think they and that truck are and will do well!!!Competition is why I do this !!If The 2.0 left off or did not change what You wanted Maybe the other truck is for You!!!!!Either way We have some good choices to go racing with !!!!
Yeah I've used balloon to cover rx/s. I'm sure hoping your not talking about me when you mean complaining and being pissed.
All I have done is praise the 2.0 but also voiced what I thought was missing and/or didn't like.
I'm excited about the 2.0
Conti027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #468
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,811
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo View Post
Or use a condem, maybe magnums?
He is not lying kids ,these are multi use!!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conti027 View Post
Yeah I've used balloon to cover rx/s. I'm sure hoping your not talking about me when you mean complaining and being pissed.
All I have done is praise the 2.0 but also voiced what I thought was missing and/or didn't like.
I'm excited about the 2.0
Oh no, not You , just some that crack me up is all..It was very cool for the Tekno Rep to come on here and say something.
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #469
Tech Elite
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,164
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
As ryan stated they do not offer alum towers with the updated holes but you can always run the CNC alum towers from the 1.0 if alum towers are that important to you. Most people run the carbon towers with this truck.



Nothing special about the tekin motors we run. The one in my truck was first batch and still running it. Love that motor.



The HD motor he was running was no the 4300 but a test motor of lower KV. Ran great. Can't wait for the HD motors to come out
Listen you guys keep running those 4600s, using the hw 4k is the only advantage guys like me have to help stay on your same lap lol opinion from owning both..
__________________
Tekno ET48, EB48.2
Durango Fleet - Dex410 v3, Dex210, Desc410, Desc210
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #470
Tech Elite
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Listen you guys keep running those 4600s, using the hw 4k is the only advantage guys like me have to help stay on your same lap lol opinion from owning both..
I went ahead and caved and bought one. Your posts about how good it is are killin me!
__________________
TLR 8ight-E 3.0 ---tekin 1900---hobbywing sct pro
Traxxas 1/16 rally (for giggles)
TLR 8ight TE 2.0-----hobbywing 2250Kv-------hobbywing sct-pro

---------"Blessed are those who get to race year round"---------
Rockthecatbox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #471
Tech Elite
 
weavty1's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ATL.GA.USA
Posts: 2,121
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

You know, I was building up new TLR option shocks this weekend for my SCTE (which are the exact same as what come with the 2.0 kit) and I was sorely disappointed at the quality of the pistons, o-rings, and shock bottoms... After three go-arounds with just one shock and constant leaking from the bottom, I gave up.

Now I've built and rebuilt probably hundreds of shocks over the years.. This was the worst experience I ever had.

Upon closer inspection, the pistons I wanted to use (#3 and #4's) were all warped which caused the piston to hang in some spots travelling up and down inside the shock body. But what caused the leaking was that the o-rings that come with the rebuild kits, are about 0.5mm larger in ID than the shock shaft-itself (Shock shaft outside diameter is approximately 3.5mm and o-ring inside diameter is 4.0mm).

I ended up going with TLR22 #54 pistons and TLR22 low-friction shock o-rings, instead. Problem solved.... until I realized that one of the four shock bottoms, had a larger hole with an inside diameter of nearly 5.0mm, which was more than 0.5mm larger than the other shock bottoms. That one shock almost drained completely of oil after a little over 2 hours of sitting in my shock stand. Now I've got to order a complete extra Shock Plastics set, just for one that was manufactured properly.....

It's not that difficult, guys.. But what a disappointing weekend I had, with that problem. Ridiculous.


Just a little heads-up for everyone.
__________________
Tylor "with an O" I can levitate birds. No one cares.

TLR 22 2.0 RM / TLR 22 2.0 MM / TLR 22-4 / TLR 22T / TLR 22 SCT / TLR SCTE 2.0 / TLR 8IGHT-E 3.0 / Team Losi XX-4 WE / Team Losi XXX-4 G+
weavty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #472
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
Just a little heads-up for everyone.
Very surprising. I've had nothing but perfect results with these shocks - either the original blue ones or the full option HD & TiNi + Bleeder caps. They hav always built very easily and have not leaked at all for me. And they hardly f'd dirty either - I always feel bad dumping out clear shock fluid when I rebuild the shocks.

The only complaint I've had has been that you can't buy the i rings separately and hav to buy two rebuild kits to get the o rings for 4 shocks.
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #473
Tech Elite
 
weavty1's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ATL.GA.USA
Posts: 2,121
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Very surprising. I've had nothing but perfect results with these shocks - either the original blue ones or the full option HD & TiNi + Bleeder caps. They hav always built very easily and have not leaked at all for me. And they hardly f'd dirty either - I always feel bad dumping out clear shock fluid when I rebuild the shocks.

The only complaint I've had has been that you can't buy the i rings separately and hav to buy two rebuild kits to get the o rings for 4 shocks.
Same here! I've only had Losi cars, with the exception of a couple AE's when I was younger, two Traxxas', a Serpent now, and a few CRC 1/12's...

Every Losi I ever owned, the shocks went together like BUTTER... From the original building of the kit, to about the 100th time rebuilding the shocks, after nearly 16 years of ownership now - My Double-X4 World's Car, for instance.. lol

Which is why I'm so frustrated by this instance!!

__________________
Tylor "with an O" I can levitate birds. No one cares.

TLR 22 2.0 RM / TLR 22 2.0 MM / TLR 22-4 / TLR 22T / TLR 22 SCT / TLR SCTE 2.0 / TLR 8IGHT-E 3.0 / Team Losi XX-4 WE / Team Losi XXX-4 G+
weavty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #474
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,659
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Listen you guys keep running those 4600s, using the hw 4k is the only advantage guys like me have to help stay on your same lap lol opinion from owning both..
What is the advantage of the HW 4K motor? There are not many cars out there that run my straightaway speed. I guess I don't understand your comment but am all ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
You know, I was building up new TLR option shocks this weekend for my SCTE (which are the exact same as what come with the 2.0 kit) and I was sorely disappointed at the quality of the pistons, o-rings, and shock bottoms... After three go-arounds with just one shock and constant leaking from the bottom, I gave up.

Now I've built and rebuilt probably hundreds of shocks over the years.. This was the worst experience I ever had.

Upon closer inspection, the pistons I wanted to use (#3 and #4's) were all warped which caused the piston to hang in some spots travelling up and down inside the shock body. But what caused the leaking was that the o-rings that come with the rebuild kits, are about 0.5mm larger in ID than the shock shaft-itself (Shock shaft outside diameter is approximately 3.5mm and o-ring inside diameter is 4.0mm).

I ended up going with TLR22 #54 pistons and TLR22 low-friction shock o-rings, instead. Problem solved.... until I realized that one of the four shock bottoms, had a larger hole with an inside diameter of nearly 5.0mm, which was more than 0.5mm larger than the other shock bottoms. That one shock almost drained completely of oil after a little over 2 hours of sitting in my shock stand. Now I've got to order a complete extra Shock Plastics set, just for one that was manufactured properly.....

It's not that difficult, guys.. But what a disappointing weekend I had, with that problem. Ridiculous.


Just a little heads-up for everyone.
These shocks have been insanely reliable. I have yes to blow a shock seal and they have NEVER leaked. I don't run boots or anything and as Grand has stated the shocks don't even suck dirt. This is the first I have heard of anyone have this many problems with the Ten shocks. Some complain they might have a little too much resistance and some have tried 22 o-rings but I love the longevity and no maintiance of the stock setup.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #475
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,523
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
You know, I was building up new TLR option shocks this weekend for my SCTE (which are the exact same as what come with the 2.0 kit) and I was sorely disappointed at the quality of the pistons, o-rings, and shock bottoms... After three go-arounds with just one shock and constant leaking from the bottom, I gave up.

Now I've built and rebuilt probably hundreds of shocks over the years.. This was the worst experience I ever had.

Upon closer inspection, the pistons I wanted to use (#3 and #4's) were all warped which caused the piston to hang in some spots travelling up and down inside the shock body. But what caused the leaking was that the o-rings that come with the rebuild kits, are about 0.5mm larger in ID than the shock shaft-itself (Shock shaft outside diameter is approximately 3.5mm and o-ring inside diameter is 4.0mm).

I ended up going with TLR22 #54 pistons and TLR22 low-friction shock o-rings, instead. Problem solved.... until I realized that one of the four shock bottoms, had a larger hole with an inside diameter of nearly 5.0mm, which was more than 0.5mm larger than the other shock bottoms. That one shock almost drained completely of oil after a little over 2 hours of sitting in my shock stand. Now I've got to order a complete extra Shock Plastics set, just for one that was manufactured properly.....

It's not that difficult, guys.. But what a disappointing weekend I had, with that problem. Ridiculous.


Just a little heads-up for everyone.
As mentioned earlier on the older thread...there was a batch of rebuild kits that had the DIFF O-RINGS in them instead of the x-ring type shock o-rings in them. They look completely different. It sounds as though you got those. Give CS a call and they will get you taken care of. I apologize for this.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #476
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,928
Default

what the build time on this kit like a few days lol
__________________
the happy racer
drango 410 v 4
am dyslexic
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #477
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,659
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
what the build time on this kit like a few days lol
If you know the car already probably about 5 hours or so. I can do a 22SCT in about 3 hours (no electronics). The 4wd takes a little longer with three diffs and such. Not too bad though.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #478
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Does the kit come with shock and diff fluid?
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #479
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,659
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Does the kit come with shock and diff fluid?
Yes
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #480
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Nice! I wish I could by liter sized bottles of 27.5 and 5000K!

Hope I can get the kit in time to run the SC showdown in March at RCE
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net