R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #4756
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,523
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default TLR SCTE 2.0 ROAR NATIONAL CHAMPION

Congrats the Dakotah Phend and the TLR SCTE 2.0 for winning the ROAR National Championships this weekend!

Once again proving the SCTE is the best out there.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #4757
Tech Fanatic
 
skrichter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Congrats the Dakotah Phend and the TLR SCTE 2.0 for winning the ROAR National Championships this weekend!

Once again proving the SCTE is the best out there.
Congrats to Dakotah (fellow MidWesterner) and TLR.

I have one slight concern with the 2.0:

When steering to the left, I cannot seem to get full throw. The steering knuckle is about a few millimeters away from getting to the caster block.

When I turn up my EPA higher, it appears the steering tie rod (for the servo) bumps up against the drag link -- not allowing the full throw. Steering to the right does not cause this concern b/c the steering tie rod goes away from the drag link. I've even dremelled down the rod end a bit, but it still bumps up against the drag link.

Thx!
__________________
LiveRC.com | Dirt Heaven Hobby & Raceway
skrichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #4758
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,523
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
Congrats to Dakotah (fellow MidWesterner) and TLR.

I have one slight concern with the 2.0:

When steering to the left, I cannot seem to get full throw. The steering knuckle is about a few millimeters away from getting to the caster block.

When I turn up my EPA higher, it appears the steering tie rod (for the servo) bumps up against the drag link -- not allowing the full throw. Steering to the right does not cause this concern b/c the steering tie rod goes away from the drag link. I've even dremelled down the rod end a bit, but it still bumps up against the drag link.

Thx!
I haven't ever had issues getting full throw from this vehicle. I can tell you some tips, one being that they servo horn should be angled slightly towards the rear so you don't hit the servo case when it moves forward. Also, there will always be a more positive natural lock to the right due to the right side bellcrank being what is connected to the actual servo. The only time I have seen people have the issue you are describing is when their steering turnbuckles are not of equal length. Check to make sure those are the same length.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #4759
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,664
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
Congrats to Dakotah (fellow MidWesterner) and TLR.

I have one slight concern with the 2.0:

When steering to the left, I cannot seem to get full throw. The steering knuckle is about a few millimeters away from getting to the caster block.

When I turn up my EPA higher, it appears the steering tie rod (for the servo) bumps up against the drag link -- not allowing the full throw. Steering to the right does not cause this concern b/c the steering tie rod goes away from the drag link. I've even dremelled down the rod end a bit, but it still bumps up against the drag link.

Thx!
I would have to look at my truck to fully understand what you are saying but we do know that with some servo cases the servo arm can push the steering link into the servo case depending on the case design and the servo arm you are using. You can lengthen the servo link a little and move the arm back a "notch" on the servo spline and this can help resolve this issue we have seen a couple times if that makes sense. Sounds like you may have found another spot were things might make contact though?
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #4760
Tech Elite
 
Grasschopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,647
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygun1 View Post
For those running big, outdoor, low-traction, dusty, dirt tracks, where are you liking your droop set? Are you setting with the droop screws or shocks? thanks for any advice
I would hope they post it...get a copy of Dakota Phend's setup from the ROAR eNats, your description is exactly what I would have called the track they raced on on Sunday.
__________________
www.smc-racing.net for all of your Lipo needs
RC10B5, Caster S10B Pro, 22T
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #4761
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

yeah, his setup for that would be interesting. I loved the 4 wheel drifting action in the main.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #4762
Tech Fanatic
 
skrichter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I would have to look at my truck to fully understand what you are saying but we do know that with some servo cases the servo arm can push the steering link into the servo case depending on the case design and the servo arm you are using. You can lengthen the servo link a little and move the arm back a "notch" on the servo spline and this can help resolve this issue we have seen a couple times if that makes sense. Sounds like you may have found another spot were things might make contact though?

Appreciate the responses Casper/Ryan. I believe I have the servo arm one notch forward -- I'll move it back one notch and make sure the steering tierods are of equal length.

One more quick question. What size drill bit would you recommend to drill out the fr/rr arms (maybe even a touch bigger than the hinge pin).

Thx again!
__________________
LiveRC.com | Dirt Heaven Hobby & Raceway
skrichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #4763
Tech Addict
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
Appreciate the responses Casper/Ryan.


One more quick question. What size drill bit would you recommend to drill out the fr/rr arms (maybe even a touch bigger than the hinge pin).

Thx again!
Get a 3.5 mm reamer made just for that purpose.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rm-Reamer-35mm
__________________
CRG Road Rebel stock moto 125
Birel Q31 Briggs LO 206
mxgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #4764
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

#28 bit is what you want.


Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
Appreciate the responses Casper/Ryan. I believe I have the servo arm one notch forward -- I'll move it back one notch and make sure the steering tierods are of equal length.

One more quick question. What size drill bit would you recommend to drill out the fr/rr arms (maybe even a touch bigger than the hinge pin).

Thx again!
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #4765
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

Looking at mounting/wiring options for my RX8G2 and I'm thinking about wiring the servo lead under the ESC by making a gap with the DS tape wide enough for the wire and placing 2 additional strips perpendicular to it in the recessed area of the chassis. My only concern is heat, has anyone tried this?

Many Thanks!
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #4766
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,523
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Rick View Post
Looking at mounting/wiring options for my RX8G2 and I'm thinking about wiring the servo lead under the ESC by making a gap with the DS tape wide enough for the wire and placing 2 additional strips perpendicular to it in the recessed area of the chassis. My only concern is heat, has anyone tried this?

Many Thanks!
There shouldn't be any concern with heat in this instance. There is also room under the servo so you can go straight across with it.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #4767
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

That's exactly the route I'm considering. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
There shouldn't be any concern with heat in this instance. There is also room under the servo so you can go straight across with it.
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #4768
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Congrats the Dakotah Phend and the TLR SCTE 2.0 for winning the ROAR National Championships this weekend!

Once again proving the SCTE is the best out there.
+1 My boy gets to race with him from time to time its good for him to watch and learn from one of the best.
__________________
B-FAST R/C Performance|TLR 2.0|TLR 22 SCT|Schuurspeed
tekinACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #4769
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,811
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

.. Truck is on rails....
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #4770
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 102
Default ANOTHER 2.0 Victory

Who's this Doug Nielson fella.LOL Pro 4 ocrc pro 4 series champion.

Congrats "Casper"
__________________
B-FAST R/C Performance|TLR 2.0|TLR 22 SCT|Schuurspeed
tekinACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net