R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #421
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I do have a question for the team, have you tried it on a 1/8 track (large jumps, many bumps). How does it handle? Just curious because of the chassis braces being aluminum.

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #422
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is what I end up using even when a radio box is supplied.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...4-Receiver-Box

Like the AE option that was posted too.

Alpha-RC.com/RcRenew.com/TritonRC.com
VPProUSA.com/UpGrade-RC.com/KalGard.com
Green-Gorilla.com
KingdomRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #423
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default RX Box

RX Box Debate is to SCTE 2.0 as The Great Chassis Debate is to SCTE 1.0.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #424
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
This is what I end up using even when a radio box is supplied.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...4-Receiver-Box

Like the AE option that was posted too.
Traxxas waterproof boxes also work quite well for any worry warts out there.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #425
Tech Master

Actually the list could probably get quite long if we kept looking, lol.

Point being, it really is not something to gripe about.

Green-Gorilla.com
Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #426
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Whats the best chassis for the 2.0?
Feint Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #427
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Whats the best chassis for the 2.0?
The custom one out of carbon fiber I am going to make! LOL

Green-Gorilla.com
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #428
Tech Rookie

Love the updates! The 2.0 version should prove to be extremely competive in box form. Great updates from the V1! For those of you who wanted to see more changes or things addressed, you have to understand that the business case has to be there. Making any small changes adds costs to a project and those costs will impact everything down to the consumer price. Every decision a company makes needs to have the bottom line in mind, or else company's dissapear. How do you give the consumer the best product while maintaining profitability. As comsumers, we get to "vote" with our wallets so if you have a problem with the product, do not buy it. Its great to give a company feedback, but some of the comments/attitude directed to the TLR staff are getting annoying. I commend the fact that they are on a public board, reaching out to their customers promoting the products they sell. In todays business world, that type of support is rare. Just want to see the thread stay in a direction that adds value and not drama.
PureEvil95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #429
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveU View Post
Also any testing done with a smaller 3S or 4S combo?
Was considering a 4000mah 3S with a 3300kv or possibly a 2500mah 4S and 1900ish kv. This would be for club racing with flexible rules and/or just a 2nd practice only kit. These super high mah 2S batteries are doing more harm than good IMO.
I run the Castle 2400KV motor with a MMP on 3S LiPo. I've run it with a Racer's Edge 3400 mAHr Lipo but most of the time use a ProMatch 5000 3S LiPo. Yes, truck is heavy with that combo but it doesn't matter - everything still runs cool. I've run 15+ minutes with that setup and never hit LVC. I gear it to be the same speed as the hot 2S setups.

If you wanted to go light, maybe a 3300KV Pro4 motor and the SMC 4100 3S LiPo (supposed to be the same size as the standard 2S LiPos) would be nice.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am glad to hear some positive things going on. I am amazed at hearing any negativity as this is such an exciting time for this class. I expect it now from the Tekno boys as there is person after person that feels the need to come in this thread and talk bad about things. I hope no one does that to them...I am certainly not like that. I am happy for the competition and enjoy racing everyone and anyone.

I know I have put the best truck out on the market for the most competitive pricing I can. I am a bit put off by the whole receiver box thing as so many cut the old one off and most of us that ran for many years never ran one. But I know most will appreciate the servo being mounted with 4 screws now for much more precise steering.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am glad to hear some positive things going on. I am amazed at hearing any negativity as this is such an exciting time for this class. I expect it now from the Tekno boys as there is person after person that feels the need to come in this thread and talk bad about things. I hope no one does that to them...I am certainly not like that. I am happy for the competition and enjoy racing everyone and anyone.

I know I have put the best truck out on the market for the most competitive pricing I can. I am a bit put off by the whole receiver box thing as so many cut the old one off and most of us that ran for many years never ran one. But I know most will appreciate the servo being mounted with 4 screws now for much more precise steering.
Just felt I should make a small post here...

Congrats on the new truck. This class is really going places and there is so much potential for good racing and good fun. For the record, we don't condone or promote any badmouthing of any product. We know how much work, time, and money goes into these things and in a lot of cases the criticism and ranting is baseless. We've taken our fair share of jabs over the years and it's not something we enjoy, nor is it something we like to see our competitors endure.

We are two companies (and there are obviously others) that are doing our best to bring our visions to as many customers as possible. The competition in the class will only push it forward and we're excited to be a part of it. Good luck with the new vehicle and we'll see you on the track!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #432
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknorc View Post

Congrats on the new truck. This class is really going places and there is so much potential for good racing and good fun. For the record, we don't condone or promote any badmouthing of any product. We know how much work, time, and money goes into these things and in a lot of cases the criticism and ranting is baseless. We've taken our fair share of jabs over the years and it's not something we enjoy, nor is it something we like to see our competitors endure.

We are two companies (and there are obviously others) that are doing our best to bring our visions to as many customers as possible. The competition in the class will only push it forward and we're excited to be a part of it. Good luck with the new vehicle and we'll see you on the track!
*nods head in agreement*
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #433
Tech Elite

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknorc View Post

Stay classy, 4wd SC guys!

As for the reciever box - doesn't bother me. All the more reason to stay off the track right after they water it!!!

Seriously, we'll have to see how it goes and how well those mud guards deflect roost from the front tires - not as much a concern on 2wd. I know that area does get pretty caked up on my 1.0. With three of four ports in the RECIEVER plugged up by the servo, ESC and transponder - I'm not too worried. A fourth dummy plug will cover the last spot no problem. A bent piece of lexan will work as well.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #434
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Well said Ryan. I really don't see the issue with the reciever, it's no different then running a 2wd sc truck. No one complains in that class... I met you at the sc nationals, you were a super nice guy, and I for one can't wait to get one and race it with my reciever completely exposed lol.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #435
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcdudes3475 View Post
See Casper Im not the only one having the reciever issue and where are the transponders going to be placed.
Like I said receivers have been exposed to the elements in 2wd cars for YEARS and YEARS. any 2wd Stadium truck has had similar issues and again Ryan ran this old truck in this configuration with the receiver exposed to the elements for over a year. You can put it on the chassis if that makes you feel better there is plenty of room. Probably enough room for an old AE or RPM receiver box if this is really an issue. Ryan and I both currenly have the receiver and transponder both mounted on the side of the servo.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote