R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #4051
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Ryan suggests to double check your toe out in the front. Push the front tires in to take out steering slop when adjusting toe out on the front end. A little more toe out will make the truck more stable on exit. If your track is bumpy or loose 5K in the center would calm it down but take away a little of that forward bite you like. The other setup changes effect the forward drive as well so it should not be a dramatic change in foward bite.
I will double check my toe out as well as try 5K in the center at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Thanks or the feedback, still working on it a bit. I can tell you that when Casper changed to the 4 hole setup, it locked his truck in a bit better. It does not land as good as the 2 hole setup with the shocks though. We are still messing around to find a balance there.
Ya i definitely like how the 2 hole pistons land jumps.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #4052
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks or the feedback, still working on it a bit. I can tell you that when Casper changed to the 4 hole setup, it locked his truck in a bit better. It does not land as good as the 2 hole setup with the shocks though. We are still messing around to find a balance there.
Have you guys tried a 4 hole piston with 2 smaller holes and 2 bigger? Seems like it will might give more progression to the pack and give the best of both. Or maybe a 3 hole setup.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #4053
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Have you guys tried a 4 hole piston with 2 smaller holes and 2 bigger? Seems like it will might give more progression to the pack and give the best of both. Or maybe a 3 hole setup.
We have been talking about both actually and trying to figure out what to test.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #4054
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
We have been talking about both actually and trying to figure out what to test.
Cool. I just ordered the 4x 1.1/1.5 pistons from avid to try this weekend. I have a spare set of shocks and will try 3 hole. Any suggestions on what size holes I should try?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #4055
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
We have a few things we want to try and see how it works. It is just getting the track time to play with them right now. It will probbly be unitl later this month before we get enough time to gather the data on more testing but things along those lines will be tested.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #4056
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It cracks me up that you guys can't accuratly adjust front toe because of all the slop. I'm sure a tlr part will eventually take care of that.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #4057
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Cool. I just ordered the 4x 1.1/1.5 pistons from avid to try this weekend. I have a spare set of shocks and will try 3 hole. Any suggestions on what size holes I should try?
The issue is pistons and oil have to be worked out together so hard to tell what is going be best and how it will all play together. I would imagine the 1.1/1.5 will not be enough damping as the 1.5 2 holes are already much larger then what we are currently playing with in a 2 hole ~1.3. So plan to go up in oil a bit.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #4058
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
It cracks me up that you guys can't accuratly adjust front toe because of all the slop. I'm sure a tlr part will eventually take care of that.
We are running a bit of toe out and sometimes it looks like more than it really is. There is not that much slop in the system with the 2.0 and HA balls there as there is with any car there is play in the system.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #4059
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Most cars do. The SC10 2wd is notorious for front end slop. My T4.1 has the same thing.
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #4060
Tech Elite

like my truck setup but im setting it up to run in the ebuggy class. need to add weight so im thinking a 3 cell with a tekin hd motor. not sure on what kv to go with? 10 min mains, slick tracks. thinking the 2500 kv?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #4061
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
You're just pissed off that you were faster with your losi than you are with your tekno. The only thing you have to bitch about is the slop on the losi. How about the crappy stock setup on the tekno?
I'm sure the added weight of the tekno suits your driving style better since you like to punt guys from the rear.
When you're a factor at any track other than norcal then you can talk. Now you can go back to the tekno thread and swing on those nuts.
Homer723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #4062
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer723 View Post
You're just pissed off that you were faster with your losi than you are with your tekno. The only thing you have to bitch about is the slop on the losi. How about the crappy stock setup on the tekno?
Calm down. We don't need to start this all over again.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #4063
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer723 View Post
I'm sure the added weight of the tekno suits your driving style better since you like to punt guys from the rear.
When you're a factor at any track other than norcal then you can talk. Now you can go back to the tekno thread and swing on those nuts.
It is common for folks to go into other threads to see what the competition is doing and all. I don't see the necessity for making comments as he did but oh well, it happens. There is some slop in our steering, but there is some slop in most parts of any off road car. Not saying we don't work to make it better as we have with the 2.0, but slop or no slop, the 2.0 is the fastest 4wSC out there right now in many of the different conditions.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #4064
Tech Fanatic

Are any of the 4 hole 22 pistons the same as the #3's?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #4065
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT View Post
Are any of the 4 hole 22 pistons the same as the #3's?
3's are 1.05mm holes. A #58 would be the closest at 1.067mm and the smallest hole we make for the 22 is a 57 which is a 1.092mm which is closer to a #4.