R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #4006
Tech Master
 
OfnaJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bristol Va
Posts: 1,570
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

OK guys, just got a SCTE V1 with the TLR flex tune stuff on it. It will be used on a tight indoor carpet track with 3-180 turns and some 45 turns and small to med jumps. Can you give me some advice on a setup? Also how bad is the flex from the chassis going to hurt me?
Thanks Joe
__________________
Mugen Seiki \\ Dialed RC \\ Tekin \\ SMC \\ AVID\\ AKA \\ Futaba
OfnaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #4007
Tech Master
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullpull View Post
Thanks for the info guys. To bad it's not related to my question but thanks for the tips
Well u said your on a budget...so yes, they do pertain to your question as these are GREAT motors and ive had both the 4000 and 4700kv motors from HW w/ 0 problems

From there if you opt to stick to the Tekin gear, ITS ALL YOU...the HD motors are larger and heavier with the Pro4 4600 being smaller and lighter 540 can and the 4300HD being larger and heavier 550 can so you will have to chose what works for your driving style and move the battery around according to what motor and how heavy it is
__________________
1/10 Traxxas Summit Blue
Axial AX10 Scorpion * Viper VSC 240/55t combo * Hitec HS-7954SH
TCCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #4008
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,659
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullpull View Post
4600 or the new HD 4300? Yes I know new is cooler with lill more torque. On a budget here. Just looking for some input from those that know.

I run large indoor trk, tacky,slippery 1.0 almost 2.0 scte.

Thanks for the help.
4300 is heavier with more bottom end torque. 4600 is lighter. I have not driven both personally but have seen both of them go. I don't think there is a wrong choice here as both are monsters of motors.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #4009
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up 4600 small light and fast

I love my 4600 Tekin.... Just saying.
14T Pinion
Orion R10 Pro combo....
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #4010
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Well u said your on a budget...so yes, they do pertain to your question as these are GREAT motors and ive had both the 4000 and 4700kv motors from HW w/ 0 problems

From there if you opt to stick to the Tekin gear, ITS ALL YOU...the HD motors are larger and heavier with the Pro4 4600 being smaller and lighter 540 can and the 4300HD being larger and heavier 550 can so you will have to chose what works for your driving style and move the battery around according to what motor and how heavy it is
My bad...I posted like a high school girl woundering if Billy likes me...lamo.

Thank you gentlemen for the info. I know the basic difference between the two and your right with my style and track selection being in Az. Racing mostly in door now,in fall outdoor med to large tracks the HD 550 4300 shall be the one I go with.

Thanks again.

Budget out the window

Last edited by fullpull; 06-03-2013 at 05:19 AM.
fullpull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #4011
Tech Elite
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,745
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
OK guys, just got a SCTE V1 with the TLR flex tune stuff on it. It will be used on a tight indoor carpet track with 3-180 turns and some 45 turns and small to med jumps. Can you give me some advice on a setup? Also how bad is the flex from the chassis going to hurt me?
Thanks Joe
This is the 2.0 thread, you may be better served researching to 1.0 thread:

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

There was a Dustin Evans' setup for the 1.0 on carpet, I'd suggest looking for that one.
__________________
--GO!
Come visit G's RC Raceway / Shippensburg, PA / www.GSRC.us
goehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #4012
Tech Master
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullpull View Post
My bad...I posted like a high school girl woundering if Billy likes me...lamo.

Thank you gentlemen for the info. I know the basic difference between the two and your right with my style and track selection being in Az. Racing mostly in door now,in fall outdoor med to large tracks the HD 550 4300 shall be the one I go with.

Thanks again.

Budget out the window
Well if your buying Tekin...budget isnt in your vocabulary, lmao!!!

But best of luck and let us kno how you like the 4300HD(even post vids )
__________________
1/10 Traxxas Summit Blue
Axial AX10 Scorpion * Viper VSC 240/55t combo * Hitec HS-7954SH
TCCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #4013
Tech Addict
 
LVBaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Richland, MI
Posts: 655
Default

Finally got my 2.0 outdoors for the King of Kings race this past weekend in Fremont, Indiana. Used the stock setup with a ProTek 100C 7000mAh lipo and a Tekin Pro4 4600 and AKA Supersoft Grid Irons to take TQ and the win. The truck was great!



__________________
Scott Rapoport; (916) 597-8502; scottrapoport73@gmail.com
TLR 8ight 4.0; TLR 8ight-T 4.0; TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0
amain.com; AKA; ProTek; OS Engines; Upgrade RC
LVBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #4014
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
OK guys, just got a SCTE V1 with the TLR flex tune stuff on it. It will be used on a tight indoor carpet track with 3-180 turns and some 45 turns and small to med jumps. Can you give me some advice on a setup? Also how bad is the flex from the chassis going to hurt me?
Thanks Joe



I would say the Arron Lane setup for Carpet its a good start however you need to make the ride height higher its way to low if you have big jumps.
__________________
Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Hitec 7954sh, mamba monster 2200kv, airtronics MX-3 X. Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Mugen MBX6 ECO .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #4015
Tech Master
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBaja View Post
Finally got my 2.0 outdoors for the King of Kings race this past weekend in Fremont, Indiana. Used the stock setup with a ProTek 100C 7000mAh lipo and a Tekin Pro4 4600 and AKA Supersoft Grid Irons to take TQ and the win. The truck was great!



Nice dood, i see Dakotah in the background there also peeping you on the podium...Congrats man, a guy at work said he went by there and it was insane on how many people were there so i figured it was a big race...I need to make it down there cuz that track looks fun
__________________
1/10 Traxxas Summit Blue
Axial AX10 Scorpion * Viper VSC 240/55t combo * Hitec HS-7954SH
TCCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #4016
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,659
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBaja View Post
Finally got my 2.0 outdoors for the King of Kings race this past weekend in Fremont, Indiana. Used the stock setup with a ProTek 100C 7000mAh lipo and a Tekin Pro4 4600 and AKA Supersoft Grid Irons to take TQ and the win. The truck was great!
Nice!
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #4017
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Nice dood, i see Dakotah in the background there also peeping you on the podium...Congrats man, a guy at work said he went by there and it was insane on how many people were there so i figured it was a big race...I need to make it down there cuz that track looks fun
Scott ran very well I think there were 3 2.0's in the top 5 Chace got 5th. TC you def need to come and check out stateline good people and good racing.
__________________
B-FAST R/C Performance|TLR 2.0|TLR 22 SCT|Schuurspeed
tekinACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #4018
Tech Master
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekinACE View Post
Scott ran very well I think there were 3 2.0's in the top 5 Chace got 5th. TC you def need to come and check out stateline good people and good racing.
I kno...im pissed i missed that this weekend! Ive been down there for a few smaller races but not any of the HUGE ones like this

I could have came down except for sunday cuz i put HIDs in Kurts Wifes new Chevy Captiva for him at his house sunday morning then a Open house for some friends son who graduated sunday evening. Im subsribed to their thread on here and didnt get anything about it...im gonna have to break down and get facebook just to keep up on all the races this summer
__________________
1/10 Traxxas Summit Blue
Axial AX10 Scorpion * Viper VSC 240/55t combo * Hitec HS-7954SH
TCCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #4019
Tech Addict
 
USMC STONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 583
Default

Anyone run Losi Diff oils and notice some inconsistencies? I have had 3 bottles now I'm positive are mis labeled. First noticed when filling diff the 5000 was like water compared to 3000. I run 7-5-3 so when comparing the 3 built diffs the middle with the 5000 felt more like 2k or even 1k. You could turn tube of 3000 and 5000 upside down and watch the 5 move faster. I have had same happen 2 other times in last few months.
__________________
G. Stone
USMC - XRAY - OS Engines - AKA Tires - Hitec Servos - Hudy Tools - RCPRO
USMC STONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #4020
Tech Master
 
picco007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: TX.
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007
Default

Hey guys, I wanted to ask how everyone is putting the bottom cap on the shock? Its not as easy as it was when I rebuilt my 1.0 shocks a while back. Is there some after market aluminum shock bottoms available?
__________________
EA Motorsports
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:13 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net