R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 05-17-2013, 05:05 AM   #3826
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
the spacers are used to clearance the shock, otherwise they rub the body mounts. You can just put the spacers on the other side of the tower and run the 1.0 locations on your body if you want, but then will not be able to adjust your shock mounting positions as easily.
Thank you. I removed the spacers and the clearances are all OK. Nothing rubs. The RTR body fits.

I wonder why TLR have included these spacers in the kit?
poolebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #3827
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolebay View Post
Thank you. I removed the spacers and the clearances are all OK. Nothing rubs. The RTR body fits.

I wonder why TLR have included these spacers in the kit?
Without the spacers you cannot access certain shock mounting positions as the shock top hits the body mount.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #3828
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Without the spacers you cannot access certain shock mounting positions as the shock top hits the body mount.
Thank you. It looks like I need to re-install them and do the same on the RTR so that I can mix and match bodies down the line.
poolebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #3829
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Go with the Hobby Wing 120a SCT Pro esc. They are much better than the Orion, and even better than the RX8 IMHO. I have switched over to using it in all of my SCT and 1/8 buggy / truggy.
I already have the Orion, no need for another esc, I have the bec now, will give it a try.

Thanks..
Old 05-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #3830
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket3 View Post
Make sure when you are putting the cvd on the pinion gear that you push the gear in as far as you can ( from inside the diff case) and push the outdrive onto the output shaft as far as you can then tighten the set screw. If you have alot of play you are changing the gear mesh as you drive the truck.

If the trk is already assembled and you don't want to disassemble, then use gravity. example. loosen the rear cvd set screw, stand the trk straight up and down facing down..might want to lightly tap on the back of the trk to be sure the pinion gear is as far forward as possible, then gently push the cvd on and tighten set screw.

As for the sloppy center diff out drives. The king heads dual bearing center suports (front and rear) fix this issue ( same as the 1.0 guys had to do).

Mike
My front and center diff out drives have some play. I think its in the acceptable range. One of the rears is horrible sloppy. Bad enough that it is making gear grinding noises when hard braking. Oddly enough it makes no noise while accelerating. Probably just gonna hafta tear it down and see what's going on...
Old 05-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #3831
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofcool999 View Post
My front and center diff out drives have some play. I think its in the acceptable range. One of the rears is horrible sloppy. Bad enough that it is making gear grinding noises when hard braking. Oddly enough it makes no noise while accelerating. Probably just gonna hafta tear it down and see what's going on...
It might be that you are running dry on the diff it seems like a few of us are having that problem i notice that , i was leaking when i saw the diff case was wet right where it joins to house the diff , i took the diff apart sure enough the case was full of fluid , diff was empty , how you solve that you ask ? clean all the diff parts and reassemble the diff , but this time around put a bead of black grease on the gasket on both side of the gasket doesn`t need much , since i done that no more leaking diff , whats weird only my front and rear leaked but my center diff is fine as of now so im not going to mess with it Hope that helps .
mavdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #3832
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
It might be that you are running dry on the diff it seems like a few of us are having that problem i notice that , i was leaking when i saw the diff case was wet right where it joins to house the diff , i took the diff apart sure enough the case was full of fluid , diff was empty , how you solve that you ask ? clean all the diff parts and reassemble the diff , but this time around put a bead of black grease on the gasket on both side of the gasket doesn`t need much , since i done that no more leaking diff , whats weird only my front and rear leaked but my center diff is fine as of now so im not going to mess with it Hope that helps .
What seems to be happening is that the diffs seem to leak at first cuz the screws may not be to full depth,any one running a truck that has not done a 2nd rebuild and wondering why the truck feels weird it has lost the diff fluid.The 2nd time the diffs are built they seem to seal up a lot better!!Also at the 2nd rebuild sand down the diff cup at the thread holes ,the plastic can be pushing up.If no stone or sand paper you can do it on the concrete as well!! Hope this helps some of You!! Cheers!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #3833
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
What seems to be happening is that the diffs seem to leak at first cuz the screws may not be to full depth,any one running a truck that has not done a 2nd rebuild and wondering why the truck feels weird it has lost the diff fluid.The 2nd time the diffs are built they seem to seal up a lot better!!Also at the 2nd rebuild sand down the diff cup at the thread holes ,the plastic can be pushing up.If no stone or sand paper you can do it on the concrete as well!! Hope this helps some of You!! Cheers!!!
Thats another way good call Bmainstar , but to be safe add some grease as it acts as a sealent on the gasket .
mavdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #3834
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi

Question and I will probably post in the Tekin Pro 4 HD forum also, but...

I just install my pro 4 hd and when i hook it up sensored and set the MMP to Sensored moder and all that i lose reverse and there isnt enough power to move the wheels.

Unplug the sensor wire and the motor runs fine....???
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #3835
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Any of you own both the tekno and the scte 2.0 trucks? I love my tekno and I love my other losis so I was thinking of picking up a new scte 2.0 and alternate between that and the tekno at different races. Just curious how differently they handle from each other?
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #3836
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Any of you own both the tekno and the scte 2.0 trucks? I love my tekno and I love my other losis so I was thinking of picking up a new scte 2.0 and alternate between that and the tekno at different races. Just curious how differently they handle from each other?
I was thinking about doing the same thing I already have a 2.0 that is dialed. But want to try the tekno see how it fits my driving style.
hkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #3837
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have both and I like the losi a bit more for my driving style, both really good trucks tho!
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #3838
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
Question and I will probably post in the Tekin Pro 4 HD forum also, but...

I just install my pro 4 hd and when i hook it up sensored and set the MMP to Sensored moder and all that i lose reverse and there isnt enough power to move the wheels.

Unplug the sensor wire and the motor runs fine....???
Sounds like you motor wires might be backwards.
Cackswayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #3839
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Don't own the tekno but have driven it. Very similar feel when driving one then the other. Where I do notice an advantage for my 2.0, I can gain at the end of straights into sweepers. The tekno rear end doesn't seem as planted off power under braking. Don't know if I'm gaining because of lighter weight, better balance, or tire foam combos, but it is noticeable. All other areas seem very comparable.
Jedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #3840
Tech Initiate

Casper or Ryan .... I talked to you guys when you where at Sdrc. Can you tell me whats a good setup for SDRC? Track seems kinda inconsistent and truck it very loose under acceleration. .... thanks
FUELRC is offline   Reply With Quote