R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #3721
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonR/C View Post
Just bought a 2.0. I run orion speedos in all my rides. I have a 160a r10pro I'd like to use. Anyone notice issues or does it run just fine. Also i use Trinity motors. So I've been recommended to a revtech 3800 4pole motor. Is that enough? Will that combo be good? Any suggestions are open minus tekin. Thanks in advance
Save yourself the cost of buying a new motor! If you must have this motor; I will sell you my Trinity revtech 3800kv motor for half the price! It only has like 6 packs threw it...Personally, I think it sucks; and so does Trinity!.....But seriously, let me know.
arrtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #3722
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian C. View Post
Hey any who used to have a 1.0 and now has a 2.0 do you think the 2.0 was worth it, because I have every upgrade on my 1.0 and just want to know if you guys thought it was worth it?
I would say stick with your 1.0 with the hopups. I've got both and didnt notice that much of a difference. Maybe a little smoother because it was new.With the 1.0 the attebury tray makes the biggest difference . It's all about relocating the weight to the rear.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #3723
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrtay View Post
Save yourself the cost of buying a new motor! If you must have this motor; I will sell you my Trinity revtech 3800kv motor for half the price! It only has like 6 packs threw it...Personally, I think it sucks; and so does Trinity!.....But seriously, let me know.
I run that motor in my losi and it is fast. It might be your speedo settings. My truck is as fast as some of the ebuggys with that motor. What gear are you running?
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #3724
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1 View Post
I run that motor in my losi and it is fast. It might be your speedo settings. My truck is as fast as some of the ebuggys with that motor. What gear are you running?
I tried many gears, but I settled on a 16t. I run an rx-8 speedo. I boosted the timing up. It diden't produce much more power, just more heat. I have since taken it out. I tried contacting trinity multiple times over the last month. They WILL NOT get back to me. I personally did not find it powerful @ all! Smooth yes, but not powerful. I swapped it out to a HW xerun 4000kv...There is no comparison!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #3725
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Quote:
Just bought a 2.0. I run orion speedos in all my rides. I have a 160a r10pro I'd like to use. Anyone notice issues or does it run just fine. Also i use Trinity motors. So I've been recommended to a revtech 3800 4pole motor. Is that enough? Will that combo be good? Any suggestions are open minus tekin. Thanks in advance
The orion is perfect and great and is really smooth.
Rcdudes3475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #3726
Tech Master

Quote:
I tried many gears, but I settled on a 16t. I run an rx-8 speedo. I boosted the timing up. It diden't produce much more power, just more heat. I have since taken it out. I tried contacting trinity multiple times over the last month. They WILL NOT get back to me. I personally did not find it powerful @ all! Smooth yes, but not powerful. I swapped it out to a HW xerun 4000kv...There is no comparison!
I run that motor with no timing and a 17t pinion. What battery are you running?
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #3727
Tech Adept

Quote:
I run that motor with no timing and a 17t pinion. What battery are you running?
Venom 60c 5000mah
Old 05-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #3728
Tech Master

Quote:
Venom 60c 5000mah
That might be most of your problem. I run a sting pack
Old 05-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #3729
Tech Adept

Quote:
That might be most of your problem. I run a sting pack
Yeah, I actually don't think so. Lol. I swapped motors, and did very well @ last weekends race. My batteries are working just fine.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #3730
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
I have a 160a r10pro I'd like to use. Anyone notice issues or does it run just fine. Also i use Trinity motors. So I've been recommended to a revtech 3800 4pole motor. Is that enough? Will that combo be good? Any suggestions are open minus tekin. Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcdudes3475 View Post
The orion is perfect and great and is really smooth.
Hacker said the only thing you need to do is IF running a 4pole motor is to update the software as the software isnt setup for 4 pole if i remember correctly
Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #3731
Tech Master

Quote:
Yeah, I actually don't think so. Lol. I swapped motors, and did very well @ last weekends race. My batteries are working just fine.
Ok well that's good to hear. I guess keep on racing and winning!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #3732
Tech Adept

Quote:
Ok well that's good to hear. I guess keep on racing and winning!
Hey thanks man! You too. Just wished the motor worked for me, as good as everyone has talked it up; i'm sure something is wrong with it. It's just really messed up that a company like Trinity thinks their product is so good as to not need to offer any customer service, and to charge what they do for a motor is pretty f-ed up in my opinon. I could have wasted $150 bucks in alot more entertaining ways.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #3733
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Motor sensor wire...

My motor sensor wire isn't quite long enough to reach the speed control where Losi says to put it. Is there an aftermarket sensor motor wire that is slightly longer ? I have lrp ix8 and tekin pro4 4300 motor.
gocoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #3734
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocoogs View Post
My motor sensor wire isn't quite long enough to reach the speed control where Losi says to put it. Is there an aftermarket sensor motor wire that is slightly longer ? I have lrp ix8 and tekin pro4 4300 motor.
Viper makes a 280mm sensor wire.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #3735
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

Quote:
Hey thanks man! You too. Just wished the motor worked for me, as good as everyone has talked it up; i'm sure something is wrong with it. It's just really messed up that a company like Trinity thinks their product is so good as to not need to offer any customer service, and to charge what they do for a motor is pretty f-ed up in my opinon. I could have wasted $150 bucks in alot more entertaining ways.
where do you race?
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote