R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcus3r View Post
I take it back. The hole adjustment is to move the tray front and back, since the top brace does not shrink or strech. Right?

Any chance of getting those dimensions?
140mm x 47mm.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #332
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I'll give 3 a try. I have it at 2 and hadn't seen any setup sheets with it at 3 so I left it. Thanks!
Just something we play around with here and there really.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #333
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
140mm x 47mm.
Awesome. 2.0 is back on the menu.
rcus3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #334
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
I'm sorry, but did you even bother looking at the manual any?? It's easy to download and view ya know.. Less than 5 clicks. lol

STANDARD.

awsome thanks for your help
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #335
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

Many upset 1.0 owners here

I like the new truck, looks tight with good upgrades
i dont like the esc placement though
to the Losi guys
Can I put the esc to the rear of the battery? will there be space? There is space at the back of the servo, will the esc fit here? is there any mounts for these spaces?
i just dont like the wire running across the chassis, doesnt look nice and more wires, more chance of getting cut
thanks
I will be getting one soon, but still happy with my tlr 1.0
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #336
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
Many upset 1.0 owners here

I like the new truck, looks tight with good upgrades
i dont like the esc placement though
to the Losi guys
Can I put the esc to the rear of the battery? will there be space? There is space at the back of the servo, will the esc fit here? is there any mounts for these spaces?
i just dont like the wire running across the chassis, doesnt look nice and more wires, more chance of getting cut
thanks
I will be getting one soon, but still happy with my tlr 1.0
The wire holder on the center diff brace keeps the wires neat and out of the way. Works well. The weight balance of placing the ESC in that location is part of the change for this chassis. Puting the ESC some place else would throw off the balance of the truck. There is space between servo and motor you might be able to squeeze something in but then you would over weight the right side of the car as well as take weight off the front. The placement of all this stuff was played with quite a lot in testing and this was the best location for parts.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #337
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The wire holder on the center diff brace keeps the wires neat and out of the way. Works well. The weight balance of placing the ESC in that location is part of the change for this chassis. Puting the ESC some place else would throw off the balance of the truck. There is space between servo and motor you might be able to squeeze something in but then you would over weight the right side of the car as well as take weight off the front. The placement of all this stuff was played with quite a lot in testing and this was the best location for parts.
understood
thanks man

now let me see if there is a wireless esc .... speed passion LOL
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #338
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
understood
thanks man

now let me see if there is a wireless esc .... speed passion LOL
Not wireless from Battery > ESC... just wireless programming.

TLR 22 2.0 RM / TLR 22 2.0 MM / TLR 22-4 / TLR 22T / TLR 22 SCT / TLR SCTE 2.0 / TLR 8IGHT-E 3.0 / Team Losi XX-4 WE / Team Losi XXX-4 G+
weavty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #339
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well I started reading this information when it had 13 pages and thought it would be set ups, hop ups and ideas on how to make it run faster and better then the next guy tuning his mip or bce. I love the fact that I can come in here and learn about set ups and go faster parts. when I first joined this site, I had it in my mind it was a bunch of manufacturers selling parts.. I learned. so,... with that... I would like to thank all the boys at Losi that come in here to help and tell the other guys with nothing to say but BS to go to Face book and tell someone that cares. Thanks Casper .Hacker. for all the great set ups. Now I have to go to the bank and take out a loan to get this new toy..
Crook County Race Course Prineville Oregon.
chucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #340
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucko View Post
well I started reading this information when it had 13 pages and thought it would be set ups, hop ups and ideas on how to make it run faster and better then the next guy tuning his mip or bce. I love the fact that I can come in here and learn about set ups and go faster parts. when I first joined this site, I had it in my mind it was a bunch of manufacturers selling parts.. I learned. so,... with that... I would like to thank all the boys at Losi that come in here to help and tell the other guys with nothing to say but BS to go to Face book and tell someone that cares. Thanks Casper .Hacker. for all the great set ups. Now I have to go to the bank and take out a loan to get this new toy..
LOL, always glad to....ummmm....help?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #341
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I've searched, but couldn't find it: Any word on the price? Thanks.
Breakin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #342
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakin2 View Post
I've searched, but couldn't find it: Any word on the price? Thanks.
$469
Friday @7
Saturday @4 Saturday morning clinic is offered for kids! :) 8-10am
sbdogwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #343
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just checking into this, sorry if somebody posted similar prior.
From the pictures it looks like the center driveline is about the same, but perhaps with the front/back shafts switched in order to move the diff further back (as is a pointed out feature). Why wasn't the diff centered more (ala MIP/Tekno) and/or angled (ala KingHeadz) when making up the new chassis? Wouldn't that have increased efficiency and also reduced wear and center CVD blowouts (which happened a bunch with the 1.0)? Please let me know if I'm missing something, but that seems like a fairly major thing that wasn't done for this kit. I like the concept of the new battery location adjustment system.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Sanwa, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #344
Tech Rookie

Hi Ryan

How does the 2.0 balance left to right now, with the old car if you removed the battery tray we had to move the lipo over 5-10mm out to rebalance he car, the chassis on the new car does look more even so does this balance the weight?

We actually have been running the battery towards the rear and moved the motor and centre diff to he rear like the new car for 2012 so it is nice to see this for everyone to enjoy in the 2.0 now. The car is transformed on high grip astro tracks here in the UK with this setup

We also noticed that the rtr cars were coming in with different diff gears which run a lot smoother than he kit scte ones so maybe worth looking into for he future

New car looks excellent value for money!!

Last edited by bomber UK; 01-31-2013 at 04:55 PM.
bomber UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #345
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
Just checking into this, sorry if somebody posted similar prior.
From the pictures it looks like the center driveline is about the same, but perhaps with the front/back shafts switched in order to move the diff further back (as is a pointed out feature). Why wasn't the diff centered more (ala MIP/Tekno) and/or angled (ala KingHeadz) when making up the new chassis? Wouldn't that have increased efficiency and also reduced wear and center CVD blowouts (which happened a bunch with the 1.0)? Please let me know if I'm missing something, but that seems like a fairly major thing that wasn't done for this kit. I like the concept of the new battery location adjustment system.
The car was setup so that the chassis could be same width right to left with the battery mounted flat and close to the spur. In order to do this, you have to move the diff over some. With the less angle generated by this movement of the diff rearward, there is certainly less wear, although it was not so extreme and certainly did not affect performance much at least not that I could tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber UK View Post
Hi Ryan

How does the 2.0 balance left to right now, with the old car if you removed the battery tray we had to move the lipo over 5-10mm out to rebalance he car, the chassis on the new car does look more even so does this balance the weight?

We actually have been running the battery towards the rear and moved the motor and centre diff to he rear like the new car for 2012 so it is nice to see this for everyone to enjoy in the 2.0 now. The car is transformed on high grip astro tracks here in the UK with this setup

We also noticed that the rtr cars were coming in with different diff gears which run a lot smoother than he kit scte ones so maybe worth looking into for he future

New car looks excellent value for money!!
The way that this new car is now designed, it is pretty well balance right to left now.