R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #3196
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
What about binding in the front diff where the pinion gear and diff meet?
Common answer was that it will wear in. I had the same issue with my rear diff and after a pack it was gone.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #3197
Tech Master
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
What about binding in the front diff where the pinion gear and diff meet?
If you have a dremel just remove some material from the inside if the gear box housing, if its that then you will know its a defective gear box , if its not that than you may have one of them oval ring gears,
Worth a shot!!
__________________
SCTE, DESC 410, XRAY XB4, MBX6 ECO
I hate feeling bad about feeling good about that!
Hand D Flooring
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #3198
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up Some Upgrades

__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #3199
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
Looks like your side gaurds are on backwards unless thats an aftermarket engine mount that doesnt fit.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #3200
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 913
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Who is making 17mm wheel for SC now? I thought DE dropped them?
SuperDaveNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #3201
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 10,180
Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT View Post
Who is making 17mm wheel for SC now? I thought DE dropped them?
I just bought a bunch of the de wheels so I think they are still in production for sure.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #3202
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
Looks like your side gaurds are on backwards unless thats an aftermarket engine mount that doesnt fit.
+1

Get the kit parts together right and then worry about aftermarket parts.

Edit - that was meant to be funny not a scathing attack.
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #3203
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Wink Aftermarket motor moutnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
+1

Get the kit parts together right and then worry about aftermarket parts.

Edit - that was meant to be funny not a scathing attack.
Its an aftermarket mount ..Oh it fits but the stupid plastic mud guard is in the way .. Know what your talking about before running the mouth!
I know it looks wrong .... just jacking ya. Maybe I'll trim it some....
Those are custom 17 mm hex, yes DE wheels way to go. All Titanium Turnbuckle's and Screw Kit, +or- a few....

Now you'll tell me my outdrive is already gone^^^^^^ LOL I'm just joking back (Grandturk)
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆

Last edited by XXXDad; 04-12-2013 at 11:51 AM.
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #3204
Tech Elite
 
allan42r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OSWEGO IL.
Posts: 2,602
Default

anyone running the tenshock motor? can u please pm me with any info? thanks
__________________
Pinky kisses better than mason's mom
allan42r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #3205
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up DE 17 mm wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT View Post
Who is making 17mm wheel for SC now? I thought DE dropped them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I just bought a bunch of the de wheels so I think they are still in production for sure.
I like using DE17mm wheels the rim can handle any and all I dish out to it and I can throw on Buggy rims to Practice too... A member made those hex for me to be legal with.


275mm sensor cable
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #3206
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
Its an aftermarket mount ..Oh it fits but the stupid plastic mud guard is in the way .. Know what your talking about before running the mouth!
I know it looks wrong .... just jacking ya. Maybe I'll trim it some....
Those are custom 17 mm hex, yes DE wheels way to go. All Titanium Turnbuckle's and Screw Kit, +or- a few....

Now you'll tell me my outdrive is already gone^^^^^^ LOL I'm just joking back (Grandturk)
I don't know what you're up to with this contraption...

Anyway - you DO have the mud guards on the wrong side, though. That "wall" you cut through is actually the driver side battery stop. Swap those left for right. These parts are not the same left to right.
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #3207
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

+1 your battery will slide out if you dont
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #3208
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs down Sigh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I don't know what you're up to with this contraption...

Anyway - you DO have the mud guards on the wrong side, though. That "wall" you cut through is actually the driver side battery stop. Swap those left for right. These parts are not the same left to right.
I see said the Blind man!
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆

Last edited by XXXDad; 04-12-2013 at 12:42 PM.
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #3209
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 913
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Could you not just use the 17mm hexes from the Losi 810?
SuperDaveNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #3210
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 913
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Could also use these. Don't even need to buy new axles.

http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=333
SuperDaveNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net