Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's always easier to point fingers at the "other" guy isn't it lol....terrible.

We are aware of quite a few esc's that ran run the Rx8 just fine. However of course WE recommend the Rx8.

Chances are good that if the esc is known to not work with the Pro4, it will also not work with the Pro4HD.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It's always easier to point fingers at the "other" guy isn't it lol....terrible.

We are aware of quite a few esc's that ran run the Rx8 just fine. However of course WE recommend the Rx8.

Chances are good that if the esc is known to not work with the Pro4, it will also not work with the Pro4HD.
I don't blame HW or Tekin for the problem, I like both companies and that's why I'm using both combos, all I know is pairing the 2 doesn't work out properly or at least the pro4 and sct pro, but at the same time I don't see how the motor effects the performance of the esc cause the esc is the brain or everything and it's telling the motor what to do, correct me if I'm wrong
Old 04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You're not wrong. The sensors in the motor either work, or they don't.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Prophet

See thats one of the reasons why i run Sensoredless no need to worry about what motors work on what ESC etc. Depending on what ESC your running Sensoredless can be smooth !
Old 04-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Really? which esc are you using, I'm using the HW sct pro 120 I mean it runs but not properly, sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it cogs and when you run after a little it blinks red/green but still functions
I had the XeRun 150 running a T8 and it ran beautifully , before that I had a MMP with a BEC and that ran good as well . Went too the RX8 now cause it fits the SCT410 and EB48 chassis the best out of the current 1/8 ESC's

On my SCT I had the Novak (worked great while it lasted) went too the MMP with BEC , then to the RX8 again cuase I went to the SCT410 chassis and the RX8 was the best fit . I do feel the Tekin RX8 is the best 1/8 ESC currently on the market but there are others that work just as well .

It isn't the motors fault that the ESC cant run it its the software in the ESC not working properly .
Old 04-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
See thats one of the reasons why i run Sensoredless no need to worry about what motors work on what ESC etc. Depending on what ESC your running Sensoredless can be smooth !

If you have ever ran on small postage stamp sized layouts you would see the benefits of a sensored system , though I will agree some ESC's are quite smooth when ran sensorless (the RX8 and HW150 being 2 that I have used) .
Old 04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Just get an rx8 and run any motor u want. I have tried them all and now the rx8 is all I run its easy setup and in field adjusting with out having to take a laptop or mesmerizing beep and tones is what makes it so great IMO. Also u can use in just about all your cars 1/8 1/10 or whatever. Plus the tech support is awesome.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RiceP
Just get an rx8 and run any motor u want. I have tried them all and now the rx8 is all I run its easy setup and in field adjusting with out having to take a laptop or mesmerizing beep and tones is what makes it so great IMO. Also u can use in just about all your cars 1/8 1/10 or whatever. Plus the tech support is awesome.

EXACTLY!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Really? which esc are you using, I'm using the HW sct pro 120 I mean it runs but not properly, sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it cogs and when you run after a little it blinks red/green but still functions
That's odd. Maybe a bec problem? I ran that esc for over a year with pro4 4600, tenshock 5200 and hw 4700 with no problems. The guy I sold the truck to is still running it with the Tekin pro4 and loves it no issues.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
If you have ever ran on small postage stamp sized layouts you would see the benefits of a sensored system , though I will agree some ESC's are quite smooth when ran sensorless (the RX8 and HW150 being 2 that I have used) .

Yea i can agree on that on smaller layouts being felt more. The Brushless Hobbies ESC is smooth on Sensoredless mode well when you have the cap board still soldered onto the ESC not ripped off my fault on that one lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I had the same issue. 100% your sensor wires is done. Change that and your problem will go away.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I had the same issue. 100% your sensor wires is done. Change that and your problem will go away.
I did buy a new tq sensor wire and it seemed to run better but it still blinks red/green sometimes but it doesn't seem like it really effects the performance
Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
Anyone using the r10 pro 160a with a hobbywing 4000kv 4 pole? How is the esc handling it? I currently have an rx8 but I'm sick of carrying around my computer to change the settings. Also would like to swap my rs out for an Orion in my 22sct which Orion is best for that application?
If using the R10 you need to update or change software to run a 4pole motor

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
Once again, does anyone have the part number for the HPI diff screws?
HPI Z449..pry mentioned 3-5 times in the last 10 pages

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
One is and one isn't , they (Viper) said it was the Tekin motors fault (Pro4 4600) for the guy running 2s , some BS about the Tekin motor not being efficient enough ? And the other guy is running it on a T8 and he has the A61 update .....
Ive heard the Tekin motors are also noisey and that effects the the esc some how

I did buy a new tq sensor wire and it seemed to run better but it still blinks red/green sometimes but it doesn't seem like it really effects the performance
what C rating are you using for batteries? i upgraded to the CRC sensor wires since they are more flexible and also upgraded to bullet packs so the ESC is direct wired to the 4mm bullets and plug into the batt and that got rid of my problem between the 2
Old 04-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Ive heard the Tekin motors are also noisey and that effects the the esc some how

what C rating are you using for batteries? i upgraded to the CRC sensor wires since they are more flexible and also upgraded to bullet packs so the ESC is direct wired to the 4mm bullets and plug into the batt and that got rid of my problem between the 2
yea that's what I heard about them being noisy as well

right now all I have is 50c
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Pro4 is a good fast motor but it was a big topic issue that mainly 4600kv for having a noisier signal of some sort, the fact the Rx8 runs dual drive which may cause it to not be affected. Rx8 is a good Esc aswell but I think each company has a bad one time or two slip pass to customers. The fact the RX8 is hard to get right now is why I'm trying a different setup and I will see how it goes. But you can't go wrong with any system they all work good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.