R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #3061
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
So just the kits alone:

2.0 w/ stock screws: 3.35lbs
2.0 w/ Ti screws: 3.25lbs

So about .1 lbs lighter or 1.6oz!!
Not bad at all, looking forward to weighing mine later this week. I'm also using titanium turnbuckles and the KH aluminum center diff mounts. I suspect I'll be a little heavier than yours.

Is anyone not using the droop screws in the chassis? I noticed I could get another ~1-2mm travel without them, I just don't know if taking them out is even necessary if the shocks at full length even cause the arms to hit the chassis.
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #3062
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

Which Ti turnbuckles are you using? I saw a pic of someone's with gold turnbuckles
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #3063
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
Which Ti turnbuckles are you using? I saw a pic of someone's with gold turnbuckles
I went with the Lunsford SCTE set.
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #3064
Tech Master
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Most likely durango 1/8 buggy tie rods
__________________
SCTE, DESC 410, XRAY XB4, MBX6 ECO
I hate feeling bad about feeling good about that!
Hand D Flooring
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #3065
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

They looked really cool ha.

The TI turnbuckles should be a bit lighter right?
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #3066
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Ok so its a quiet day on the forum...
Well we have completed bag G so we are done except for servo mounting and Motor /esc.
Thanks to this forum, and losi's build tips (probably from this forum) the whole build went smoothly.
I was walking a complete noob thru this and we took our time only working on it sunday afternoons and the occasional evening.
We had 1 each out of 12 diffs screws that went wrong, and the xpected issue with the shock caps but we were prepared and go thru it all...
Now the snow is ALMOST gone and its supposed to rain a lot the next two days which should take care of the rest of it.
They are however calling for 15-20 CM/ 4-8" of snow thurs/fri. FML.

We still have to mask and paint glue tires etc The Noob is pumped to get out.
We have had him indoor racing BRP sc18's on carpet all winter which was his first experience with RC cars.
Thanks Losi for building a great upgrade to the first truck. added up the Noobs Bill hes $1550.00 with hitec servo and castle MMP SCT system and faast Receiver for his Futaba, proline calibers and 4 batteries.
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #3067
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Rick View Post
Not bad at all, looking forward to weighing mine later this week. I'm also using titanium turnbuckles and the KH aluminum center diff mounts. I suspect I'll be a little heavier than yours.

Is anyone not using the droop screws in the chassis? I noticed I could get another ~1-2mm travel without them, I just don't know if taking them out is even necessary if the shocks at full length even cause the arms to hit the chassis.
On the 1.0 I ran full droop with shock bottoms unscrewed
maybe a bit too much LOL on this 2.0 I will run the same!!I think on a real blue groove track you will want them,other wise may not......

Casper or Ryan,are you guys running the plastic rear hubs or going with the alum for the 2.0. I kinda liked the plastic better on the 1.0 ,just trying to get my new truck (()) set up. Also seems as tho the bottom chassis c`snks are a bit shallow..? I think I can fix this myself at work ,but was wondering if this has been an issue..? Thanks ...
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast

Last edited by BmainStar; 04-08-2013 at 11:20 PM.
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #3068
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,736
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
On the 1.0 I ran full droop with shock bottoms unscrewed
maybe a bit too much LOL on this 2.0 I will run the same!!I think on a real blue groove track you will want them,other wise may not......

Casper or Ryan,are you guys running the plastic rear hubs or going with the alum for the 2.0. I kinda liked the plastic better on the 1.0 ,just trying to get my new truck (()) set up. Also seems as tho the bottom chassis c`snks are a bit shallow..? I think I can fix this myself at work ,but was wondering if this has been an issue..? Thanks ...
We are both running alum rear hubs because we can. One of those things you do when representing a company is running the hop up parts. We have found the stock plastic rear hubs hold up just fine but can become brittle in cold weather. Otherwise they work great. C'snks were a little off but not to the point of not shipping the cars. I know Ryan is aware of it and looking into it.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #3069
Tech Elite
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,676
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Will these work for diffs?

ProTek R/C 2.5x12mm "High Strength" Flat Head Screws (10)
[PTK-H-2104]
__________________
5ive T (Bartoline 28.5cc, Bartoline Pipe, Team Chase)
Futaba 4pls
Team Chase 2015
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #3070
Tech Elite
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,167
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Rick View Post
Not bad at all, looking forward to weighing mine later this week. I'm also using titanium turnbuckles and the KH aluminum center diff mounts. I suspect I'll be a little heavier than yours.

Is anyone not using the droop screws in the chassis? I noticed I could get another ~1-2mm travel without them, I just don't know if taking them out is even necessary if the shocks at full length even cause the arms to hit the chassis.
I have not even bothered to weight these since getting the hobbywing xerun motor installed... LOL the little extra weight is a good thing and worrying about motor heat is in the past.
__________________
Tekno ET48, EB48.2
Durango Fleet - Dex410 v3, Dex210, Desc410, Desc210
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #3071
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We are both running alum rear hubs because we can. One of those things you do when representing a company is running the hop up parts. We have found the stock plastic rear hubs hold up just fine but can become brittle in cold weather. Otherwise they work great. C'snks were a little off but not to the point of not shipping the cars. I know Ryan is aware of it and looking into it.
It's not the chasis because the Ti screw fit perfect??

It's also not the shock caps I don't think, cause old or new they don't fit flush, at least from what I've experienced.

None of these are issues that actually harm the truck though so I'm not worried. I was lucky enough to get the Ti kit with my 2nd kit and they fit perfectly flush with the chasis.
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #3072
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
They looked really cool ha.

The TI turnbuckles should be a bit lighter right?
Noticably so yes.

I was extremely surprised that my replacement parts from HH arrived last night. The truck is nearly complete!
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #3073
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We are both running alum rear hubs because we can. One of those things you do when representing a company is running the hop up parts. We have found the stock plastic rear hubs hold up just fine but can become brittle in cold weather. Otherwise they work great. C'snks were a little off but not to the point of not shipping the cars. I know Ryan is aware of it and looking into it.
Casper & Ryan, I don't suppose you would mind taking a caliper to your rear hinge pin to aluminum carrier and measuring both the the diameter of the pin and the inside diameter of the carrier? I ask because it looks like my aluminum carriers are .134 and the pins are .137.5 (including the newly replaced pins from HH CS). There really isn't a good way to mount the carrier to my mill so I'm considering either sanding down the pin in my lathe with an abrasive cloth or possibly using a reamer to bore out the hole to .138. Haven't quite decided yet, but I wanted to get a larger sample of that hole size.

Ryan, the aluminum carriers are 6061 or 7075? Do you by chance know what was spec'd for the diameter in that carrier hole?

Thanks again!
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #3074
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We are both running alum rear hubs because we can. One of those things you do when representing a company is running the hop up parts. We have found the stock plastic rear hubs hold up just fine but can become brittle in cold weather. Otherwise they work great. C'snks were a little off but not to the point of not shipping the cars. I know Ryan is aware of it and looking into it.
Got it ,Thanks..
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #3075
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,736
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
It's not the chasis because the Ti screw fit perfect??

It's also not the shock caps I don't think, cause old or new they don't fit flush, at least from what I've experienced.

None of these are issues that actually harm the truck though so I'm not worried. I was lucky enough to get the Ti kit with my 2nd kit and they fit perfectly flush with the chasis.
The stock screws are the same as they always have been. This counter sink issue is pretty minor the heads are just above flush. It is not much. The titanium screws most likely just have a little smaller head on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Rick View Post
Casper & Ryan, I don't suppose you would mind taking a caliper to your rear hinge pin to aluminum carrier and measuring both the the diameter of the pin and the inside diameter of the carrier? I ask because it looks like my aluminum carriers are .134 and the pins are .137.5 (including the newly replaced pins from HH CS). There really isn't a good way to mount the carrier to my mill so I'm considering either sanding down the pin in my lathe with an abrasive cloth or possibly using a reamer to bore out the hole to .138. Haven't quite decided yet, but I wanted to get a larger sample of that hole size.

Ryan, the aluminum carriers are 6061 or 7075? Do you by chance know what was spec'd for the diameter in that carrier hole?

Thanks again!
I don't have good access to my truck but I am sure Ryan can stop in and help or PM him.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net