R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #2821
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

anyone know what size the Motor mount and front diff housing screws are. I know they are 2different sizes. I stripped one out and wanted to replace them before installing the kings head mount...
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #2822
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Both the 1.0 and 2.0 are very capable and great outdoors. The Tekno is great as well, but heavy. Maybe that'll work to it's advantage outdoors but I don't know how that'll play out long term with electronics, heat, runtime and such outside (climate dependent..). Probably nothing a bigger battery can't fix. When they say 'better outdoors', what does that mean? That the SCT410 is a better outdoor truck than it is indoor (I can buy that..)? Or are they saying the SCT410 would outperform the SCTE outdoors? If the latter then it's just an unsupported opinion. The SCTE is more than capable outdoor, is definately not too light (wheras I think the AE and Durango may be, depending on the track) and would be my truck of choice. I was thinking about going Durango indoor before the 2.0 came out, but I think the new design really put it back on top. I found the SCTE to be a great balance both indoor and out, and parts availability was great. I think TLR/Losi has the best all around truck.

One thing to consider is if you're going to run EBuggy, Tekno's SCT and buggy have a lot of common parts/hardware.
It has to be speculation, as they have yet to race outdoors around here!!! I really appreciate the feedback.
BSCFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #2823
Tech Elite
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
anyone know what size the Motor mount and front diff housing screws are. I know they are 2different sizes. I stripped one out and wanted to replace them before installing the kings head mount...
LOSA6262 - 8-32 x 1/4" - front diff (page 21)
LOSA6264 - 8-32 x 3/8" - center diff (page 26)

The URL for the manual is below, and I also put a copy of the manual in your SCTE 2.0 box.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...000_Manual.pdf

The manual is pretty good, calling out part numbers and specs for all the hardware. Until you get familiar with the truck you might want to take it along with you in your pitbox.
__________________
--GO!
Come visit G's RC Raceway / Shippensburg, PA / www.GSRC.us
goehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #2824
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

it's in my pit box =D i just didnt wanna search haha sorry...

anyways i just order another kit with the Ti screw set to build. Gonna give my other one to my friend... yay!
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #2825
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 56 (97%+)
Default

any one know on the ryan dunford setup for overal shock length he puts full plus 1 turn-what does that mean or the front full plus two turn, does that mean back off or over tighten, not sure what he means and i need help building shocks now.
nitrogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #2826
Tech Master
 
subaru_tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cary,IL
Posts: 1,380
Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)
Default

question?
building a new center (hd) center diff #tlr332001 with the new gear set #losb3569.
the hd diff instructions looks like it's stating not to use the side gear shims.representedby a the shim being circled with a line thru it.

is this correct to leave the shim out for proper gear mesh on the new gears/diff?
subaru_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #2827
Tech Fanatic
 
ironzgti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yardley, PA
Posts: 927
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

All my HD diff cases have been built without the shims, just the blocks are used.
ironzgti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #2828
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 56 (97%+)
Default

yeah you leave the shims out now on the new hd diffs




Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_tech View Post
question?
building a new center (hd) center diff #tlr332001 with the new gear set #losb3569.
the hd diff instructions looks like it's stating not to use the side gear shims.representedby a the shim being circled with a line thru it.

is this correct to leave the shim out for proper gear mesh on the new gears/diff?
nitrogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #2829
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogo View Post
any one know on the ryan dunford setup for overal shock length he puts full plus 1 turn-what does that mean or the front full plus two turn, does that mean back off or over tighten, not sure what he means and i need help building shocks now.
If you over tighten them by two turns they will deffy strip!!!
so ya its loose two turns
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #2830
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 56 (97%+)
Default shock ends

thats what i thought but was not totally sure thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
If you over tighten them by two turns they will deffy strip!!!
so ya its loose two turns
nitrogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #2831
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default Steering Ackerman

Has anyone seen the steering ackerman for the Losi 8 3.0?? Are they totally different sized than the SCTE??

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ge-_-TLR244005
Volcomstned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #2832
Tech Master
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc5313 View Post
Well I took my new 2.0 out this weekend with some mixed results....I believe this truck has great potential even with its current driver!!! I used pretty much stock setup with shock oils and diff fluids and the truck seemed very solid/stable in the corners which is very different than my old sc10... however two thing really jumped out at me....first it seemed to nose dive while jumping...a quick hit of the throttle corrected it but....it made me nervous as this is a pretty tight indoor clay with big stiff walls....hahaha...hitting the throttle seemed very counter intuitive!!!!! Second it really seemed to lack off power roll through a corner...it seemed to push wide...is this a product of my steering not being properly setup??? Thanks for any advice!!!
I too had my first race this weekend on a tight indoor track. I think the stock setup will be pretty close on an outdoor semi rough / loose track.

From stock the only things I changed which made the truck pretty dang good was changed front shock weight to 30, put the front shocks in the middle hole on the arm. On the rear, changed the pistons to 2hole-55 pistons with 30W Losi oil. So this is almost what is recommended on page one on the thread.

I didn't have time to make all of these changes during the races, so stayed afterwards to test. If in a crunch for time, I would just put the shocks in one hole on the front arms. That alone seemed to make the biggest difference. The truck is extremely stable and jumps very well. The stock setup only had an issue with tight 180 rotation, otherwise is really friendly.
__________________
Ron Fleck Jr.
Nemoracing USA!
Agama-Beta-Bullitt!
rfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #2833
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,705
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcomstned View Post
Has anyone seen the steering ackerman for the Losi 8 3.0?? Are they totally different sized than the SCTE??

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ge-_-TLR244005
They are wider. Same idea but wrong size for the SCTE.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22SCT 3.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #2834
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc5313 View Post
Well I took my new 2.0 out this weekend with some mixed results....I believe this truck has great potential even with its current driver!!! I used pretty much stock setup with shock oils and diff fluids and the truck seemed very solid/stable in the corners which is very different than my old sc10... however two thing really jumped out at me....first it seemed to nose dive while jumping...a quick hit of the throttle corrected it but....it made me nervous as this is a pretty tight indoor clay with big stiff walls....hahaha...hitting the throttle seemed very counter intuitive!!!!! Second it really seemed to lack off power roll through a corner...it seemed to push wide...is this a product of my steering not being properly setup??? Thanks for any advice!!!



First thing to avoid ripping your hair out is tighten up the steering saver adjuster on my 1.0 or the 2.0 on a tight indoor track understeer is very noticeble ! Than try diffrent tires.
__________________
Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Hitec 7954sh, mamba monster 2200kv, airtronics MX-3 X. Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Mugen MBX6 ECO .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #2835
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcdudes3475 View Post
my front diff is binding I think with the case will it wear in??
I had the same problem. The front half of the case is probably rubbing. Take the case apart and look inside for any rub marks. If you find them cut or sand away some material to create the needed clearance. I wouldn't just let it "wear in" as this is putting stress on your electronics.

Good luck.
Baskinsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net