R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 03-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #2716
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

My HW 4000kv is geared at 13t, Stock HW SCT settings, 2s 6500 70c and it hauls on a 1/5th scale track. Wish I had some videos of me running with its bigger brother Losi 5ive T, hell I was out running it. lol
Not sure if the tekin 4k could do this, its just something about the HW and its low end grunt which makes it a beast.

Here the track I run on, Glen Helen in So-cal. HUGE track(s).
Feint Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #2717
Tech Initiate

I ordered all of the parts to convert mine as i already had all of the current TLR stuff on my truck. A few parts have arrived.... BUT MOST ARE BACK ORDERED TILL APRIL 20th .... just CRAP and no question the marketing strategy.... . PERIOD! Not to mention i feel for the people shelling out $450 for a 2.0 and if certain parts break.... THEY ARE SCREWED
FUELRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #2718
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUELRC View Post
I ordered all of the parts to convert mine as i already had all of the current TLR stuff on my truck. A few parts have arrived.... BUT MOST ARE BACK ORDERED TILL APRIL 20th .... just CRAP and no question the marketing strategy.... . PERIOD! Not to mention i feel for the people shelling out $450 for a 2.0 and if certain parts break.... THEY ARE SCREWED
Ahh which part can you not get that would break? try learning how to drive the car and you wont need PARTS..... oh i feel sorry for those who didnt shell out $469..... and have to wait for parts.....
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #2719
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUELRC View Post
I can assure you it is not marketing strategy. The parts that are still missing from what I have seen are not going to break. (battery mounts and foam pads and things like that).

I know the crew at TLR are doing what they can to get these parts in stock for you guys but it is up to the supplier to get them shipped.

TLR has done a great job of releasing parts with kits and this release was no different in that goal but it just did not happen as planned this time. Calm down.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #2720
Tech Regular

I don't think there is anything 2.0 specific apart from the chassis,servo mount and battery mount that can't easily be replaced with a 1.0 part temporarily if someone breaks until the 2.0 stuff gets here.
Heck there are so many guys with 1.0's it should be pretty easy to borrow a spare part if someone does manage to break something.

Fuelrc, of course it would be nice to have all the parts available already but the wait will definately be worth it trust me! The new truck is amazing!

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #2721
Tech Initiate

Im not jumping ship... i love my truck. Alot of people READ THESE FORUMS AND RARELY POST. Im not mad... just dissappointed
FUELRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #2722
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Come on guys...Keep it on topic! We all kno parts arent available just yet and there is nothing that can be done but waiting so there is NO REASON to be going back and forth on this thread about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT View Post
These are good points. We do have a semi local indoor track that I will be running at and it's small so I will hold onto it. I bought a 2.0 and the guy is throwing in the 4600 so can't hurt to have 2 motor options!
Try the QTEQ connections...these will make this swap a dream! Just buy for the type of connection your motor has, For TEKIN...these are for you

QTEQ CONNECTIONS
Old 03-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #2723
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Come on guys...Keep it on topic! We all kno parts arent available just yet and there is nothing that can be done but waiting so there is NO REASON to be going back and forth on this thread about it

Try the QTEQ connections...these will make this swap a dream! Just buy for the type of connection your motor has, For TEKIN...these are for you

QTEQ CONNECTIONS
fyi, they ship really fast.
I finished up building mine, soldering and tires tomorrow...sunday

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #2724
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Just got mine do you think its a good idea to put my old scte setup on it??
Rcdudes3475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #2725
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Ryan maybe you should start another thread called Official TLR SCTE 2.0 pissing & moaning thread. That way all these guys that keep crying about stripped diff bolts & tight shock cartridges have some place to boost there post count. Lets change the direction this thread is going.
hkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #2726
Tech Regular

For those people that have there 2.0 completed what does your truck weight in at I am 5.9# ready to race.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #2727
Tech Initiate

My kit turned out fine...except for the diff screws but no big deal, just ordered better ones and will install when they arrive.
Very well done on the 2.0 guys, can't wait to race this!
Futaba 4PL.
2low4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #2728
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcdudes3475 View Post
Just got mine do you think its a good idea to put my old scte setup on it??
Ryans set up is really a good starting point truck drives very well I have ran that set up on a tight indoor track & medium outdoor track with only a tire change.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #2729
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
That would be more simliar to the weight distribution of the MIP truck.

Layout is one thing, but weight distribution is another. Weight distribution is why we play with layout and why the SCTE 2.0 works so well. We spent numerous days and weeks testing to get this optimal and adjustable for different surfaces.
It is - it's very close to MIP. I've been running battery there since about the time MIP came out. I don't have all the tooling options/luxury to try so many positions (with the 1.0 type chassis, with the side kickup and such - layout is pretty limited), but it worked better than the stock position for me so I left it as is. Eventually I'll give the 2.0 a whirl as it's time for a refresh. I've had this truck since it came out. Really have never had any problems with it - durability or handling, whether large outdoor track or tight indoor track. Good work Ryan!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #2730
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
King Headz 2.0

I did this myself, but maybe this is the first wave of copy cats? Battery has been flipped forever, but I just did the drivetrain mod a few days ago. Spins real free the way it's lined up - will get a chance to run it this Saturday!

How did you measure the right place to drill and what did you put under the motor mounts for support. Details, it's looking good.