Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
What's the point of these dumb jabs? Tekno obviously has the world's first perfect truck, so why don't you go over to that thread and beat your chest over there. This, "...Nyah nyah, my truck is better engineered than yours..." is really silly.
Thats Just Ridley,
He knows its like x-mas morning for some of us that love this platform ,he just likes to be the grinch sometimes.He is and was a very good source of info when the truck was getting released and some time after that!!!(( And Josh 1/5 scale is like a shifter kart You cant ride)))Cheers!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
If you went with MIP you would not be as dissapointed. , I ran bce, now MIP. Ill slowly convert into the tlr version I think. Ill do the towers first, then all the other parts in one shot. I may even preorder it all
if you have the new hybrid towers just drill a hole in the middle of the losi holes & the mip holes. that is the 4th hole on the new tower. But the camber link hole is different story man my.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Nothing is really ware out accept the stock outdrives on one of my diffs is so il just buy the HD ones. Im testing out my diffs with RV sealed on the insert if that doesnt work il get the HD ones. And im looking at getting the Bump chassis combo with the TLR kit. And the 2.0 goodies
The rtv or ca or jb weld do work most of the time but don't even bother, go spend the 30 bucks on the new ones, it is worth it !Trust Me.
When You build them they are super smooth all three will build exactly the same,It is a whole new part ,with way better tolerance than before!!!!!You can actually tighten the 4 small screws Tight now
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Bind, resistance, whatever.....it's not a good thing to have in the driveline, and the explanation was a complete fabrication.

The tekno, for example, seems to be able to overcome the enormous engineering feat of having stick packs and a straight driveline

Those pins should never cause DNF's? LMAO. I've seen dozens as they rocket through the plastic without warning. The truck won championships...yipppeeeee. Nobody said the first one sucked, just unfortunate to see Losi leave proven shortcomings with the new truck. You sure are in full blown Fanboy mode tonight 8ight-e!!
Just a wee bit too negative and combative for me

and yes Im a fanboy of my SCTE, she's dialed.. though I honestly won't be upgrading until something starts kickin my butt I would consider swapping the mud guards, the battery tray though.. if they bolt on to my tim bump chassis I had even pre-ordered the tekno, but canceled the pre-order. Why change? When the tekno's start wiping the table w/ me or the SCTE 2.0's then I'll change

I agree I dislike the pin wearing in the scte, in the 8ight-e and in the 8ight-te but in my entire time racing the pin on the center diff side never caused a DNF.

Now the pin on the inside joint where you mentioned this time.. well that caused a couple DNF's with my 8ight-te, but I'm someone who learns quick. This great company called kingheadz makes pin keeps for each of these losi vehicles and since owning these I have never had that particular pin cause a DNF in any of my vehicles. The newer version out now by the way includes a machined flat spot so the pin cannot slip. Also there is another great company called Tekno that makes replacement front and rear center shafts that don't require any additional capture (has a snap ring). If you have this issue with the newer versions, then upgrade to one of the mentioned options.

PS I'm also a fanboy of my Durango's dex210, dex410, desc210
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

I caved in and pre ordered one, cant hurt to have 2! I normally run indoor carpet but need an outdoor truck for this spring, the debate as to which one ill use starts now. Maybe just sell one..
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Thats Just Ridley,
He knows its like x-mas morning for some of us that love this platform ,he just likes to be the grinch sometimes.He is and was a very good source of info when the truck was getting released and some time after that!!!(( And Josh 1/5 scale is like a shifter kart You cant ride)))Cheers!!
LMAO, don't dis my big girl!!! Coolest RC EVAR I won more money racing the big scale races last year than the rest of my RC career combined! Those guys know how to hand out prizes!! And what else can you race where you get to stay at Dennis Anderson's shop for a week? Hahaha, when a Gravedigger fires up, it makes the weed whackers seem quiet!!

I'll prolly end up getting this truck anyways, even though a lot of things that nagged me are still unadressed. Throw some tekno cvd's and axle stubs in it to fix the drivetrain and pray to the rc gods the rest lasts a season
Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Just a wee bit too negative and combative for me
LOL, and you are just a little too "brown nosed" and "fanboyish" for me, so lets call it good

I like to think my negativity and combativeness is more about accepting things have issues and, wanting real fixes, rather than hiding my head in in the sand with a TLR sticker stuck on my butt cheek
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ridley
LMAO, don't dis my big girl!!! Coolest RC EVAR I won more money racing the big scale races last year than the rest of my RC career combined! Those guys know how to hand out prizes!! And what else can you race where you get to stay at Dennis Anderson's shop for a week? Hahaha, when a Gravedigger fires up, it makes the weed whackers seem quiet!!

I'll prolly end up getting this truck anyways, even though a lot of things that nagged me are still unadressed. Throw some tekno cvd's and axle stubs in it to fix the drivetrain and pray to the rc gods the rest lasts a season
Oh just Buy one, so we can see how many people You Piss offHow about a 1/5 race with go pros in the window and remote racing from a laptop ,out of sight of the track???That would be sick!!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

TAKE THIS AS A FAIR WARNING, IF THIS THREAD CONTINUES TO BECOME A BASH FEST AND NOT ABOUT THE SCTE 2.0 I WILL NOT HESITATE TO LOCK IT. RIDLEY JUST MOVE ON, WHO CARES IF SOMEONE IS A FANBOY OR NOT, IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD THEN JUST MOVE ON.................
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

for some reason its not allowing me to preorder? Is this a sign saying I should keep the mip? lmao. Ill wait till it is in stock at my lhs I guess. Get to see it that way anyways. are the bumpers different or the same? Cause on the tlr site they offer the losi ones, (not under a tlr part number)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

There is a lot of talk of upgrading this and changing that...the one issue everyone must always consider with upgrading when a truck is years old is how much is a fresh truck worth to you. People go to another truck sometimes and are like, this is the greatest...sometimes, its just because its all new. So, just something to consider.

That aside, this new SCTE 2.0 is the first new SCTE I have ever had. My first one was an upgrade from a ten-t and a prototype, lol. And it has been so long since I ran the 2.0 stuff, WOW, it was so much fun. The harder you push, the faster it goes...was so much FUN!!!

Also, I am grateful a company like MIP finds value in offering a great upgrade for our truck. Something to consider is that it is quite different with the suspension geometry and weight balance, so it is different.

If your truck is working great, then that is awesome, I am so happy to hear that. What if the new version works even better, haha...
Old 01-31-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

looks good...wonder how this will get around the track?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
There is a lot of talk of upgrading this and changing that...the one issue everyone must always consider with upgrading when a truck is years old is how much is a fresh truck worth to you. People go to another truck sometimes and are like, this is the greatest...sometimes, its just because its all new. So, just something to consider.

That aside, this new SCTE 2.0 is the first new SCTE I have ever had. My first one was an upgrade from a ten-t and a prototype, lol. And it has been so long since I ran the 2.0 stuff, WOW, it was so much fun. The harder you push, the faster it goes...was so much FUN!!!

Also, I am grateful a company like MIP finds value in offering a great upgrade for our truck. Something to consider is that it is quite different with the suspension geometry and weight balance, so it is different.

If your truck is working great, then that is awesome, I am so happy to hear that. What if the new version works even better, haha...
Well said! For people who DO want to update their scte part by part, do you think you guys could maybe provide a list of part numbers as to what we need to order?! lol! Just not sure about some extra screws and what not.. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's cool there is going to be one-stop shopping for the SCTE now if you want to keep things simple. I know personally it got old hunting down exotic parts when they broke or wore out. Now you can keep it TLR and just give a parts just to the lhs if you want without them having to check whether they can order flux capacitors from ObscureRC through their distributor.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07

Thats great Ryan but my truck is/was a fresh truck 2 weeks ago. So I am not in the market for a fresh one. I may however, be in the market for a few upgrades that I did not get with the TLR tuning kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.