Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any ideas in things I could try to keep the scte from over steering? My rear ends keeps breaking loose and it'll whip around 180*. This is also on a carpet track too. Right now I'm running the stock setup but with 35 weight in all the shocks.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roberto_1029
Any ideas in things I could try to keep the scte from over steering? My rear ends keeps breaking loose and it'll whip around 180*. This is also on a carpet track too. Right now I'm running the stock setup but with 35 weight in all the shocks.
I was having trouble like that and tried different tires but found out I had my sway bars to snug. A tlr driver checked out my car and now it's like night and day.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
So I run through a set of tires every practice day... And even though that's only like $18 out of my pocket (thanks lhs) I would like to find a practice tire.

We run barcodes and pressure point at the track, I'm not too worried about loosing a bit of traction if I could find a decent tire that last a bit longer haha
If its just for practice, run them bald. If your track has a nice groove, bald might work anyway.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
So I run through a set of tires every practice day... And even though that's only like $18 out of my pocket (thanks lhs) I would like to find a practice tire.

We run barcodes and pressure point at the track, I'm not too worried about loosing a bit of traction if I could find a decent tire that last a bit longer haha
AKA Rebars are the ticket at out track. Soft and super soft.... I know there are at least 5 weeks on the set I am running... Practicing and racing... On a 7 pound rig.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just a general question, i am new to emulsion shocks. I followed the dustin evans setup video of a 22 and i set the rebound to 1mm; so almost dead. Is this correct or should i run more rebound.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Most people are running no rebound
Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default diff. issue

called horizon on the diff rub... they have never heard of this?????? cover up..? they do have a diff case mold problem... what fixed mine was pre drill 1st 1/2 of the diff case.. so the bolts dont fight them selves in.... when this happens it expands the plastic near that kinda poor diff ring distorts the case and rub... mine went from unusable to 95% ok...... 480$ kit
Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by roberto_1029

Ethier the sway bar is not free or the shock oil is to stiff in the rear. Change tires first.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
Just a general question, i am new to emulsion shocks. I followed the dustin evans setup video of a 22 and i set the rebound to 1mm; so almost dead. Is this correct or should i run more rebound.
You are correct, there is often a smidgen of rebound regardless, so what you are experiencing is ok.

Originally Posted by wyotitan
called horizon on the diff rub... they have never heard of this?????? cover up..? they do have a diff case mold problem... what fixed mine was pre drill 1st 1/2 of the diff case.. so the bolts dont fight them selves in.... when this happens it expands the plastic near that kinda poor diff ring distorts the case and rub... mine went from unusable to 95% ok...... 480$ kit
Cover up? Seriously...lol. I have built many of these trucks... cant say that I have ever expereinced my diff case rubbing any part of the gear inside. As long as the bearings are seated properly ont he diff case and the diff screws are tight and the screws not going into the diff case are not over tightenend, all have always been A-OK. If there was an issue, I would fix it. I will look into it though just in case.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain ! There is no problem , the diffs are fine ! The great and powerful OZ has spoken !

Maybe its a hardware problem and not a mold problem ?

I used the HPI Z449 screws (same set of screws for 3 years and not one has stripped after many fluid changes) and didn't have any problems with rubbing and the screws went in with no problems .
Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did the swaybars or mounting changed from the 1.0? Finding them a little short
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
You are correct, there is often a smidgen of rebound regardless, so what you are experiencing is ok.

Cover up? Seriously...lol. I have built many of these trucks... cant say that I have ever expereinced my diff case rubbing any part of the gear inside. As long as the bearings are seated properly ont he diff case and the diff screws are tight and the screws not going into the diff case are not over tightenend, all have always been A-OK. If there was an issue, I would fix it. I will look into it though just in case.
I was there the night it was put together....ring gear was tight....bearings were seated correct...and it rubbed the inside of the diff case for sure...but only with diif case bolts installed and tightned reasonably...thats how it was discovered to drill out the front part of the diff screw holes...and yes it works now like it should have in the begining.... i think wyotitans main gripe is that after all of the hold time and phone jockeying he was treated like a fool that had no idea what he was talking about....i dont know how many times we heard....ive built ALL kinds of these with NO PROBLEMS......well guess what he did have an issue that was fixed with little to no help from Horizon...
Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

well i went rounds with horizon tech.. no one has ever had this problem??.. just the 2 in wyoming i guess. was also told by tech that they dont follow rc tech much as it just a bunch a.... funny if ya want 2 talk 2 the guy that designed it this is the place... with the 2 scte they built in the tech dep. at horizon they did strip the diff. ring gear bolts and had 2 dremal them out... so if you have had problems dont feel bad the techs at horizon do 2.... so is it us them or the truck ... also side note if ya like the 22s and expect the same quality ya could be ... the scte ten comes from a dif. manufacture.. and it shows...
Old 03-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Braz: Yea man i could of told you that one them HPI screws just much better for the diffs ! They are kind of hard to fine online though.
Not hard at all to find...Google is a great search engine

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...+z449&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-2-5x12mm...item53f6384f41

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=cs&pn=hpiz449
Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Prophet

well i went rounds with horizon tech.. no one has ever had this problem??.. just the 2 in wyoming i guess. was also told by tech that they dont follow rc tech much as it just a bunch a.... funny if ya want 2 talk 2 the guy that designed it this is the place... with the 2 scte they built in the tech dep. at horizon they did strip the diff. ring gear bolts and had 2 dremal them out... so if you have had problems dont feel bad the techs at horizon do 2.... so is it us them or the truck ... also side note if ya like the 22s and expect the same quality ya could be ... the scte ten comes from a dif. manufacture.. and it shows...

Yea last year when i got the 1.0 it was missing some plastic Rear hub spacers so i called up Horizon if i remember the Customer service. Or some other dept a couple of times it was ethier i couldnt get though or i leave a message and never get called backed. So i said screw it and just bought the Rear hubs with the spacers.

As for the issue your having i cant say many have that issue look every Manf kit is going to have some issues when there made overseas.

TC: I have the HPI screws i did buy them from Stormer there is some online stores that where out of stock or did not sell them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.